- Volume 13 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Absence of P53 Gene Mutations in Exons 5 - 7 Among Breast Cancer Patients of Bengalee Hindu Caste Females, West Bengal, India
- Roy, Abhishikta Ghosh (Anthropological Survey of India) ;
- Sarkar, B.N. (Anthropological Survey of India) ;
- Roy, Rakesh (Department of Medical Oncology, Cancer Centre Welfare Home and Research Institute, University of Calcutta) ;
- Rao, V.R. (Department of Anthropology, Delhi University) ;
- Bandyopadhyay, A.R. (Department of Anthropology, University of Calcutta)
- 발행 : 2012.09.30
Background: The high incidence and relatively good prognosis of breast cancer has made it the most prevalent cancer in the world today. A large number of distinct mutations and polymorphisms in the p53 gene have been reported worldwide, but there is no report regarding the role of this inherited susceptibility gene in breast cancer risk among the Bengalee Hindu Caste females of West Bengal, India. Aim of the Study: We investigated the distribution and the nature of p53 gene mutations and polymorphisms in exons 5-7 in a cohort of 110 Bengalee Hindu breast cancer patients and 127 age, sex and caste matched controls by direct sequencing. Results: We did not observe any mutations and polymorphisms in our studied individuals. Conclusion: We therefore conclude that mutations in exons 5-7 of p53 gene are rare causes of breast cancer among Bengalee Hindu caste females, and therefore of little help for genetic counseling and diagnostic purposes.
- American Cancer Society (1999-2000). Breast Cancer Facts and Figures BRCAFF99
- Andersen TI, Holm R, Nesland JM, et al (1993). Prognostic significance of TP53 alterations in breast carcinoma. Br J Cancer, 69, 540-8.
- Davidoff AM, Kerns BJM (1991). Maintenance of p53 alterations throughout breast cancer progression. Cancer Res, 51, 2605-10.
- Dhingra K, Hortobagyi GN (1996). TITLE????. Semin Oncol, 23, 436-45.
- Gretarsdottit S, Tryggvadottir L, Jonasson JC, et al (1996). TP53 mutation analyses on breast carcinomas. A study of paraffinembedded archival material. Br J Cancer, 74, 555-61. https://doi.org/10.1038/bjc.1996.400
- Harris CC (1996). P53 tumor suppressor gene: At the crossroads of molecular carcinogenesis, molecular epidemiology, and cancer risk assessment. Environ Health Perspect, 104, 435-9. https://doi.org/10.1289/ehp.96104s3435
- Hollstein M, Sidransky D, Vogelstein B, et al (1991). p53 mutations in human cancers. Science, 253, 49-53. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1905840
- Levine AJ, Momand J, Finley CA (1991). The p53 tumour suppressor gene. Nature, 351, 453-6. https://doi.org/10.1038/351453a0
- Mabrouk I, Baccouche S, El-Abed R, et al (2003). No evidence of correlation between p 53 codon 72 polymorphism and risk of bladder or breast carcinoma in Tunisian patients. Ann NY Acad Sci, 1010, 764-70.
- Madrigal L (1994). Twinning rates in admixed Costa Rican populations. Am J Hum Biol, 6, 215-8. https://doi.org/10.1002/ajhb.1310060209
- Sambrook J, Russel DW (2000). Molecular cloning: a laboratory manual in: Irwin N (ed) Cold Spring Harbor Press, NY. Science
- Smardova J, Nemajerova A, Trbusek M, et al (2001). Rare somatic p53 mutation identification in breast cancer - A case report. Tumor Biology, 22, 59-66. https://doi.org/10.1159/000050597
- Thoralacius S, Borrensen AL, Eyfjord JE (1993). Somatic p53 mutations in human breast carcinomas in an Icelandic population- a prognostic factor. Cancer Res, 53, 1637-41.
- Mancuso T (1995). Mutation frequencies at codon 248 of the p53 tumor suppressor gene are not increased in colon cancer cell lines with the RER+ phenotype. PLEASE CHECK!!!Oxford university press, ?, 3643-8.
- Varley JM, Brammer WJ (1991). Loss of chromosome 17 p13 sequences and mutation of p53 in human breast carcinomas. Oncogene, 6, 413-21.
- Zubo P, Stanclova A, Kajo K, et al (2009). The p53 codon 72 exon 4 BstUI polymorphism and endometrial cancer in Caucasian women. Clin Trans Res, 76, 173-83.
- Lack of Association of Intron 3 16 bp Polymorphism of TP53 with Breast Cancer among Iranian-Azeri Patients vol.15, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.6.2631
- Association of TP53 PIN3 polymorphism with breast cancer in Moroccan population vol.35, pp.12, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1007/s13277-014-2556-y