- Volume 13 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Transmembrane Protein 166 Expression in Esophageal Squamous Cell Carcinoma in Xinjiang, China
- Sun, Wei (Department of Thoracic Oncology, the Affiliated Tumor Hospital of Xinjiang Medical University) ;
- Ma, Xiu-Min (State Key Laboratory Incubation Base of Xinjiang Major Diseases Research, the First Affiliated Hospital of Xinjiang Medical University) ;
- Bai, Jing-Ping (Department of Thoracic Oncology, the Affiliated Tumor Hospital of Xinjiang Medical University) ;
- Zhang, Guo-Qing (Department of Thoracic Oncology, the Affiliated Tumor Hospital of Xinjiang Medical University) ;
- Zhu, Yue-Jie (National Clinical Research Base of Traditional Chinese Medicine of Xinjiang Medical University) ;
- Ma, Hai-Mei (State Key Laboratory Incubation Base of Xinjiang Major Diseases Research, the First Affiliated Hospital of Xinjiang Medical University) ;
- Guo, Hui (National Clinical Research Base of Traditional Chinese Medicine of Xinjiang Medical University) ;
- Chen, Ying-Yu (Laboratory of Medical Immunology, School of Basic Medical Science, Peking University Health Science Center) ;
- Ding, Jian-Bing (National Clinical Research Base of Traditional Chinese Medicine of Xinjiang Medical University)
- Published : 2012.08.31
Objective: Transmembrane protein 166 (TMEM166) expression in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC) and remote normal esophageal tissues was examined to assess any role in tumour biology. Methods: TMEM166 mRNA expression in 36 cases with ESCC (36 tumour samples, 36 remote normal esophageal tissue samples) was detected by RT-PCR. TMEM166 protein expression was analysed in paraffin-embedded tissue samples from the same cases by immunohistochemistry. Results: Semi-quantitative analysis showed TMEM166 mRNA expression in ESCCs to be significantly lower than in remote normal esophageal tissues (
- Arico S, Petiot A, Bauvy C, et al (2001). The tumor suppressor PTEN positively regulates macroautophagy by inhibiting the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/protein kinase B pathway. J Biol Chem, 276, 3524-46. https://doi.org/10.1074/jbc.M004275200
- Boya P, Gonzalez-Polo RA, Casares N, et al (2005). Inhibition of macroautophagy triggers apoptosis. Mol Cell Biol, 25, 1025-40. https://doi.org/10.1128/MCB.25.3.1025-1040.2005
- Fang Y, Xiao F, An Z, et al (2011). Systematic review on the relationship between genetic polymorphisms of methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase and esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 12, 1861-6.
- Gozuacik D, Kimchi A (2004). Autophagy as a cell death and tumor suppressor mechanism. Oncogene, 23, 2891-906. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.onc.1207521
- Guo B, Huang Z L(2011). Esophageal cancer mortality trends in rural and urban China between 1987 and 2009. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 12, 2105-10.
- Inbal B, Bialik S, Sabanay I, et al (2002). DAP kinase and DRP-1 mediate membrane blebbing and the formation of autophagic vesicles during programmed cell death. J Cell Biol, 157, 455-68. https://doi.org/10.1083/jcb.200109094
- Klionsky DJ, Emr SD (2000). Autophagy as a regulated pathway of cellular degradation. Science, 290, 1717-21. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.290.5497.1717
- Lagergren J, Bergstrom R, Nyren O (1999). Association between body mass and adenocarcinoma of the esophagus and gastric cardia. Ann Intern Med, 130, 883-90. https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-130-11-199906010-00003
- Wang L, Yu CF, Lu Y, et al (2007). TMEM166, a novel transmembrane protein, regulates cell autophagy and apoptosis. Apoptosis, 12, 1489-502. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10495-007-0073-9
- Levine B, Yuan J (2005). Autophagy in cell death: an innocent convict? J Clin Invest, 115, 2679 -88. https://doi.org/10.1172/JCI26390
- Li L, Nikan H, Qin H, et al (2012). Transmembrane protein 166 regulates autophagic and apoptotic activities following focal cerebral ischemic injury in rats. Exp Neurol, 234, 181-90. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.expneurol.2011.12.038
- Liu JF, Wang QZ, Hou J (2004 ) . Surgical treatment for cancer of the esophagus and gastric cardia in Hebei. China Br J Surg, 91, 90-8. https://doi.org/10.1002/bjs.4402
- Lum JJ, DeBerardinis R, Thompson CB (2005). Autophagy in metazoans, cell survival in the land of plenty. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol, 6, 439-48 https://doi.org/10.1038/nrm1660
- Mizushima N (2005). The pleiotropic role of autophagy: from protein metabolism to bactericide. Cell Death Differ, 12, 1535-41 https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.cdd.4401728
- Parkin DM, Bray F, Ferlay J, Pisani P (2005). Global cancer statistics, 2002. CA Cancer JClin, 55, 74-108. https://doi.org/10.3322/canjclin.55.2.74
- Shohat G, Shani G, Eisenstein M, Kimchi A (2002). The DAP kinase family of proteins: study of a novel group of calciumregulated death-promoting kinases. Biochim Biophys Acta, 1600, 45-50. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1570-9639(02)00443-0
- Sun X, Chen W, Chen Z, et al (2010). Population-based casecontrol study on risk factors for esophageal cancer in five high-risk areas in China. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 11, 1631-6.
- Tomoyuki A, Masahiko I, Hiroshi I, et al (2009). Macroscopic extent of gastric mucosal atrophy: increased risk factor for esophageal squamous cell carcinoma in Japan. BMC Gastroenterology, 9, 34-9. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-230X-9-34
- Yamada KM, Araki M (2001). Tumor suppressor PTEN: modulator of cell signaling, growth, migration and apoptosis. J Cell Sci, 114, 2375-82.
- Yu GZ, Zhu MH, Chen Y, Ni CR, Li FM (2005). Clinical significance of p53 expression in pancreatic cancer. Cancer, 24, 1398-403.
- Adenovirus vector-mediated FAM176A overexpression induces cell death in human H1299 non-small cell lung cancer cells vol.47, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5483/BMBRep.2014.47.2.090
- Expression Profile and Potential Roles of EVA1A in Normal and Neoplastic Pancreatic Tissues vol.16, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.1.373