- Volume 13 Issue 8
Effects of Cantharidinate on apoptosis of human colorectal cancer UTC-116 cells were investigated by means of 3-(4, 5-dimethylthiazol-2-yl)-2, 5-diphenyltetrazolium bromide (MTT) assay, H and E staining, flow cytometry, and Raman Spectra analysis. The results showed Cantharidinate to exert inhibitory action on proliferation of human colorectal cancer UTC-116 cells, inducing apoptosis, arresting cells in G1 phase, with decline of S and G2 phases. In addition, the results of Raman spectrum showed significant changes in the UTC-116 cells chemical structure with stretching after the application of Cantharidinate. Taken together, these results suggest that the treatment of human colorectal cancer with Cantharidinate may be associated with multiple molecular mechanisms for apoptosis. Furthermore, similar to fluorouracil, Cantharidinate should be considered as novel assistant drug for controlling the growth of human colorectal cancer UTC-116 cells.
Colorectal cancer;UTC116 cells;Cantharidinate;apoptosis
- Boushey RP (2009). Colorectal cancer epidemiology: Incidence, mortality, survival, and risk factors. Clin Colon Rectal Surg, 22, 191-7. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0029-1242458
- Bromberg N, Dreyfuss JL, Regatieri CV, et al (2010). Growth inhibition and pro-apoptotic activity of violacein in Ehrlich ascites tumor. Chem Biol Interact, 186, 43-52. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cbi.2010.04.016
- Canzi L, Castellaneta V, Navone S, et al (2012). Human skeletal muscle stem cell antiinflammatory activity ameliorates clinical outcome in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis models. Mol Med, 18, 401-11.
- Chan JW, Lieu DK, et al (2009). Label-free biochemical characterization of stem cells using vibrational spectroscopy. J Biophotonics, 2, 656-68. https://doi.org/10.1002/jbio.200910041
- Cunningham D, Zalcberg JR, Rath U, et al (1995). 'Tomudex' (ZD1694): Results of a Randomised Trial in Advanced Colorectal Cancer Demonstrate Efficacy and Reduced Mucositis and Leucopenia. The 'Tomudex' Colorectal Cancer Study Group. Eur J Cancer, 31A, 1945-54.
- DeCosse JJ, Tsioulias GJ, Jacobson JS (1994). Colorectal cancer: detection, treatment and rehabilitation. CA Cancer J Clin, 44, 27-42. https://doi.org/10.3322/canjclin.44.1.27
- Dehmer GJ, Douglas JS Jr, Abizaid A, et al (2010). Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions; American College of Cardiology Foundation; Heart Rhythm Society; European Society of Cardiology; Sociedad Latinoamericana de Cardiología Intervencionista; Asian Pacific Society of Interventional Cardiology; Mended Hearts, Inc. SCAI/ ACCF/HRS/ESC/SOLACI/APSIC statement on the use of live case demonstrations at cardiology meetings: assessments of the past and standards for the future. J Am Coll Cardiol, 56, 1267-82. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2010.08.599
- Gerber DE (2010). Targeted therapies: a new generation of cancer treatments. Am Fam Physician 2008, 77, 311-9.
- Ericson MB, Wennberg AM, Larkö O, et al (2008). Review of photodynamic therapy in actinic keratosis and basal cell carcinoma. Ther Clin Risk Manag, 4, 1-9. https://doi.org/10.2147/TCRM.S1769
- Fattori R, Mineo G, Di Eusanio M, et al (2011). Acute type B aortic dissection: current management strategies. Curr Opin Cardiol, 26, 488-93. https://doi.org/10.1097/HCO.0b013e32834a6fcc
- Jones RM, Devers KJ, Kuzel AJ, Woolf SH (2010). Patientreported barriers to colorectal cancer screening: a mixedmethods analysis. Am J Prev Med, 38, 508-16. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2010.01.021
Kaminski BM, Loitsch SM, Ochs MJ, et al (2010). Isothiocyanate sulforaphane inhibits protooncogenic ornithine decarboxylase activity in colorectal cancer cells via induction of the TGF-
$\beta$/Smad signaling pathway. Mol Nutr Food Res, 54, 1486-96. https://doi.org/10.1002/mnfr.201000105
- Kotzev I, Mirchev M, Manevska B, Ivanova I, Kaneva M (2008). Risk and protective factors for development of colorectal polyps and cancer (Bulgarian experience). Hepatogastroenterology, 55, 381-7.
- Krafft C, Steiner G, Beleites C, Salzer R (2009). Disease recognition by infrared and Raman spectroscopy. J Biophotonics, 2, 13-28. https://doi.org/10.1002/jbio.200810024
- Levin B, Smith RA, Feldman GE, et al (2009). National Colorectal Cancer Roundtable. Promoting early detection tests for colorectal carcinoma and adenomatous polyps: a framework for action: the strategic plan of the National Colorectal Cancer Roundtable. Cancer, 95, 1618-28.
- Liu HG, Huang HX (2007). Overview pharmacokinetic about traditional Chinese medicine in recent 10 years. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi, 32, 2346-8, 2390 (in Chinese).
- Posner MR (2005). Paradigm shift in the treatment of head and neck cancer: the role of neoadjuvant chemotherapy. Oncologist, 10, 11-9. https://doi.org/10.1634/theoncologist.10-90003-11
- Scalfi-Happ C, Jauss A, Ibach W, et al (2007). Confocal Raman microscopy as a diagnostic tool for investigation of living neuroblastoma tumour cells. Med Laser Appl, 22, 157-64. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mla.2007.09.007
- Takiuchi H (2007). Chemotherapy for advanced gastric cancer: A new milestone lies ahead. Gastrointest Cancer Res, 1, 209-10.
- van Hazel GA, Pavlakis N, Goldstein D, et al (2009). Treatment of fluorouracil-refractory patients with liver metastases from colorectal cancer by using yttrium-90 resin microspheres plus concomitant systemic irinotecan chemotherapy. J Clin Oncol, 27, 4089-95. https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2008.20.8116
- Cantharidin induces DNA damage and inhibits DNA repair-associated protein levels in NCI-H460 human lung cancer cells vol.30, pp.10, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1002/tox.21986
- Cantharidin Induced Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma Cell Apoptosis via the JNK-Regulated Mitochondria and Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress-Related Signaling Pathways vol.11, pp.12, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0168095
- Cantharidin induces G2/M phase arrest and apoptosis in human gastric cancer SGC-7901 and BGC-823 cells vol.8, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3892/ol.2014.2611