Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)
- M. Oh-e, M. Yoneya, and K. Kondo, "Switching of negative and positive dielectro-anisotropic liquid crystals by in-plane electric fields," J. Appl. Phys. 82, 528-533 (1997). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.365611
- S. H. Lee, S. L. Lee, and H. Y. Kim, "Electro-optic characteristics and switching principle of a nematic liquid crystal cell controlled by fringe-field switching," Appl. Phys. Lett. 73, 2881-2883 (1998). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.122617
- J. Chen, K.-H. Kim, J.-J. Jyu, J. H. Souk, J. R. Kelly, and P. J. Bos, "Optimum film compensation modes for TN and VA LCDs," in Proc. SID Int. Symp. Tech. Dig. (Anaheim Convention Center, Anaheim, CA, USA, May 1998), vol. 28, pp. 315-318.
- Y. Saitoh, S. Kimura, K. Kusafuka, and H. Shimizu, "Optimum film compensation of viewing angle of contrast in in-plane-switching-mode liquid crystal display," Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 37, 4822-4828 (1998). https://doi.org/10.1143/JJAP.37.4822
- J. E. Anderson and P. J. Bos, "Methods and concerns of compensating in-plane switching liquid crystal displays," Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 39, 6388-6392 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1143/JJAP.39.6388
- T. Ishinabe, T. Miyashita, T. Uchida, and Y. Fujimura, "A wide viewing angle polarizer and a quarter-wave plate with a wide wavelength range for extremely high quality LCDs," in Proc. IDW (Nagoya Congress Center, Nagoya, Japan, December 2001), pp. 485-488.
- S. T. Wu and D.-K. Yang, Reflective Liquid Crystal Displays (Wiley, West Sussex, UK, 2001).
- D.-K. Yang and S.-T. Wu, Fundamentals of Liquid Crystal Devices (Wiley, New York, USA, 2006).
- T. Ishinabe, T. Miyashita, and T. Uchida, "Wide-viewingangle polarizer with a large wavelength range," Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 41, 4553-4558 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1143/JJAP.41.4553
- X. Zhu and S. T. Wu, "Super wide view in-plane switching LCD with positive and negative uniaxial A-films compensation," in Proc. SID Int. Symp. Tech. Dig. (Hynes Convention Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA, May 2005), vol. 36, pp. 1164-1167. https://doi.org/10.1889/1.2036208
- R. Lu, X. Zhu, S. T. Wu, Q. Hong, and T. X. Wu, "Ultrawide-view liquid crystal displays," J. Disp. Technol. 1, 3-14 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1109/JDT.2005.852507
- J.-H. Lee, H. Choi, S. H. Lee, J. C. Kim, and G.-D. Lee, "Optical configuration of a horizontal-switching liquid-crystal cell for improvement of the viewing angle," Appl. Opt. 45, 7279-7285 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.45.007279
- J.-H. Lee, J.-H. Son, S.-W. Choi, W.-R. Lee, K.-M. Kim, J. S. Yang, J. C. Kim, H. Choi, and G.-D. Lee, "Compensation for phase dispersion in horizontal-switching liquid crystal cell for improved viewing angle," J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 39, 5143-5148 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1088/0022-3727/39/24/008
- G. S. Lee, J. C. Kim, and T.-H. Yoon, "Electrode structure for color shift reduction in fringe-field switching mode," Opt. Express 15, 5405-5415 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1364/OE.15.005405
- W. S. Kang, J.-W. Moon, G.-D. Lee, S. H. Lee, J.-H. Lee, B.-K. Kim, and H. C. Choi, "Retardation free in-plane switching liquid crystal display with high speed and wide-view angle," J. Opt. Soc. Korea 15, 161-167 (2011). https://doi.org/10.3807/JOSK.2011.15.2.161
- S. I. Park, J. H. Ko, H. S. Jin, K. H. Park, J. H. Lee, J. H. Yoon, B. K. Kim, and T.-H. Yoon, "Report on black colo shift and gray scale inversion of the one-domain AH-IPS," in Proc. Euro Display (Palais des Congres, Arcachon, France, September 2011), pp. 220-223.
- J. E. Bigelow and R. A. Kashnow, "Poincare sphere analysis of liquid crystal optics," Appl. Opt. 16, 2090-2096 (1977). https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.16.002090
- Liquid Crystal Modes for Display Applications vol.24, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3807/KJOP.2013.24.4.168
- Optical compensation methods for the elimination of off-axis light leakage in an in-plane-switching liquid crystal display vol.16, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1080/15980316.2014.1003252
- Enhancement of viewing angle properties of a single-domain fringe-field switching mode using zero pretilt alignment vol.48, pp.40, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1088/0022-3727/48/40/405502
- Formation of Polymer Networks for Fast In-Plane Switching of Liquid Crystals at Low Temperatures vol.52, pp.9R, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7567/JJAP.52.094102
- Achromatic optical compensation using dispersion of uniaxial films for elimination of off-axis light leakage in a liquid crystal cell vol.52, pp.32, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.52.007785
- Improvement of asymmetric viewing angle properties in single-domain fringe-field-switching liquid crystal mode by using parallel-rubbed alignment surfaces vol.41, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1080/02678292.2013.868050
- Paper No P06: Preserved Color Gamut and High Color Stability by Local Dimming for LC-Panels vol.46, pp.S1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1002/sdtp.10491
- Fast Fringe-field-switching Liquid Crystal Cell with a Protrusion Structure vol.17, pp.2, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3807/JOSK.2013.17.2.200
- Elimination of light leakage over the entire viewing cone in a homogeneously-aligned liquid crystal cell vol.22, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1364/OE.22.005808
- Póincare Sphere Analysis of the Pretilt Angle Effect on the Viewing Angle of a Single-Domain FFS Liquid-Crystal Mode vol.20, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3807/JOSK.2016.20.1.156
- Mixed-field-switching liquid crystal mode using in-plane and fringe fields self-adjusted by bottom floating electrode for transmittance enhancement vol.41, pp.7, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1080/02678292.2014.891767
- Optical Compensation for Elimination of Off-Axis Light Leakage in a Homogeneously-Aligned Liquid Crystal Cell vol.613, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1080/15421406.2015.1032733