- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Upward Continuation of Potential Field on Spherical Patch Area
구면부분지역에서의 퍼텐셜마당의 상향연속
- Na, Sung-Ho (Korea Astronomy and Space Science Institute) ;
- Chung, Tae Woong (Sejong University) ;
- Shin, Young Hong (Korea Institute of Geosciences and Mineral Resources)
- Received : 2012.07.26
- Accepted : 2012.10.23
- Published : 2012.11.30
Two dimensional Fourier transform can be used for the upward continuation of gravity or magnetic field data acquired at given altitude over a rectangular area. Earth's curvature is often neglected in most potential field continuations, however, it should be considered over several hundred kilometer field area. In this study, we developed a new method retaining terms of Earth's curvature to better perform the continuation of potential field on spherical patch area.
Supported by : CATER
- Arfken, G. B. and Weber, H. J., 2005, Mathematical Methods for Physicsts 6th ed., Elsevier Academic Press, Burlington, MA, USA.
- Press, W. H., Flannery, B. P., Teukolsky, S. A., and Vetterling, W. T., 1986, Numerical Recipes, Cambridge University Press, New York, USA.
- Extension for Downward Continuation of the Method of "Upward Continuation of Potential Field on Spherical Patch Area" vol.16, pp.1, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7582/GGE.2013.16.1.59