- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Geostatistical Approach to Integrated Modeling of Iron Mine for Evaluation of Ore Body
철광산의 광체 평가를 위한 지구통계학적 복합 모델링
- Ahn, Taegyu (Department of Energy and Resources Engineering, Kangwon National University) ;
- Oh, Seokhoon (Department of Energy and Resources Engineering, Kangwon National University) ;
- Kim, Kiyeon (Department of Energy and Resources Engineering, Kangwon National University) ;
- Suh, Baeksoo (Department of Energy and Resources Engineering, Kangwon National University)
- Received : 2012.10.18
- Accepted : 2012.11.14
- Published : 2012.11.30
Evaluation of three-dimensional ore body modeling has been performed by applying the geostatistical integration technique to multiple geophysical (electrical resistivity, MT) and geological (borehole data, physical properties of core) information. It was available to analyze the resistivity range in borehole and other area through multiple geophysical data. A correlation between resistivity and density from physical properties test of core was also analyzed. In the case study results, the resistivity value of ore body is decreased contrast to increase of the density, which seems to be related to a reason that the ore body (magnetite) includes heavy conductive component (Fe) in itself. Based on the lab test of physical properties in iron mine region, various geophysical, geological and borehole data were used to provide ore body modeling, that is electrical resistivity, MT, physical properties data, borehole data and grade data obtained from borehole data. Of the various geostatistical techniques for the integrated data analysis, in this study, the SGS (sequential Gaussian simulation) method was applied to describe the varying non-homogeneity depending on region through the realization that maintains the mean and variance. With the geostatistical simulation results of geophysical, geological and grade data, the location of residual ore body and ore body which is previously reported was confirmed. In addition, another highly probable region of iron ore bodies was estimated deeper depth in study area through integrated modeling.
Supported by : 기상청
- Choi, D. H. et al., 2010, Fe scrutiny report of Yangyang ironmine, KORES, p. 2-5.
- Goovaerts, P., 1997, Geostatistics for natural resources evaluation, Oxford University Press, Oxford.
- Issaks, E. H., Srivastava, R. M., 1989, An introductions to applied geostatistics, Oxford University Press, Oxford.
- Johnson, M., 1987, Multivariate statistical simulation, Wiley, p. 230.
- Katsube, T., 1969, The electro-chemical transient phenomena of ore and rock samples (II) (An investigation of measuring apparatus and of transient phenomena of electrode): Butsuritanko, 22, p. 21-33.
- Kim, S. J. and Park, H. D., 2009, Development of software for mineral resources estimation and 3D modeling using variogram, KSEG, 46(2), 151-159.
- Kim, Y. H. and Choi, Y. K., 1999, Experimental verification of factors affecting core resistivity measurements, Journal of the Korean Geophysical Society, 2(3), 225-233.
- Kim, J. D. et al., 2009, A study of validation analysis for reopening of Yangyang iron-mine, Kangwon National University, p. 18-19.
- Lee, S. H., 1979, Ore petrological studies on the genesis of the metamorphic iron deposits in southern Korea. Jour. Geol. Soc. Korea, 15, 210-229.
- Lee, S. M. and Kim, H. S., 1968, Petrogenesis and the syenite in the Yangyang mine district, Kangwon province, Korea., Jour. Geol. Soc. Korea, 4, 199-214.
- Oh, S. H., 2005, RMR evaluation by integration of geophysical and borehole data using non-linear indicator transform and 3D Kriging, The Korean Earth Science Society, 26(5), 429-436.
- Park, G. S. et al., 2007, Geostatistical interpretation of sparsely obtained seismic data combined with satellite gravity data, Mulli-Tamsa, 10(4), 252-258.
- Park, S. G., 2004, Physical property factors controlling the electrical resistivity of subsurface, Mulli-Tamsa, 7(2), 130-135.
- Porosity Profiles in Alluvium Soil by Using Electrical Resistivity and Geostatistic Method vol.15, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.9798/KOSHAM.2015.15.5.147
- A Study of 3D Ore-Modeling by Integrated Analysis of Borehole and Geophysical Data vol.16, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7582/GGE.2013.16.4.257