- Volume 21 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Density and Species Composition of Soil Seed Bank in Rural Stream Topsoil
농촌하천 표토내 매토종자의 발아량 및 종구성
- Kim, Se-Chang (Department of Horticultural Science, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Park, Bong-Ju (Department of Horticultural Science, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Kim, Won-Tae (Department of Landscape Architecture, Cheonan Yonam College) ;
- Yoon, Yong-Han (Department of Forest Science, Konkuk University) ;
- Cho, Yong-Hyeon (Department of Landscape Architecture, Kongju National University) ;
- Kang, Hee-Kyoung (Department of Horticulture, Kongju National University) ;
- Oh, Hyun-Kyung (Department of Landscape Architecture, Chonbuk National University & Ecological Institute of Korean Peninsula) ;
- Shin, Kyung-Jun (JangWon Landscape Technology Institute) ;
- Eo, Yang-Joon (JangWon Landscape Technology Institute) ;
- Yoon, Taek-Seong (Suppro Plant Environment Research Center) ;
- Jang, Kwang-Eun (Suppro Plant Environment Research Center) ;
- Kwak, Moo-Young (Dreambios CO,. LTD.)
- 김세창 (충북대학교 원예과학과) ;
- 박봉주 (충북대학교 원예과학과) ;
- 김원태 (천안연암대학 환경조경과) ;
- 윤용한 (건국대학교 산림과학과) ;
- 조용현 (공주대학교 조경학과) ;
- 강희경 (공주대학교 원예학과) ;
- 오현경 (전북대학교 조경학과 & 한반도생태연구소) ;
- 신경준 ((주)장원조경부설조경기술연구소) ;
- 어양준 ((주)장원조경부설조경기술연구소) ;
- 윤택승 ((주)수프로 식물환경연구소) ;
- 장광은 ((주)수프로 식물환경연구소) ;
- 곽무영 ((주)드림바이오스)
- Received : 2012.09.18
- Accepted : 2012.11.23
- Published : 2012.11.30
Purpose of this study was to evaluate germination characteristics of soil seed bank in rural stream topsoil using seedling emergence method in order to provide data for future ecological restoration of stream utilizing topsoil. There were 24 families, 52 genera, 61 taxa of soil seed bank flora found in topsoil from 6 rural streams. The most frequently found taxa were Compositae (12 taxa) followed by Gramineae (8 taxa), Caryophyllaceae (5 taxa), Cruciferae (4 taxa), Scrophulariaceae, Labiatae, Polygonaceae and Cyperaceae. Plant with the most number of germination was Stellaria aquatica followed by Erigeron annuus, Imperata cylindrica var. koenigii, Poa annua, Cyperus microiria and Veronica undulata. Naturalized plants found were Erigeron annuus, Rumex crispus, Oenothera odorata, Cerastium glomeratum, Bidens frondosa, Erigeron philadelphicus, etc.
- Choe, I. H., Han, B. H., Ki, K. S., 2010, The change of riverside vegetation by construction of ecological stream in Suwoncheon, Gyeonggi Province, Kor. J. Env. Eco., 24(6), 723-734.
- Hosogi, D., Kameyama, A., 2004, Timing for the collection of topsoil from a deciduous forest for use as planting material in suburban Tokyo, Japan, Ecological Engineering, 23, 371-386. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecoleng.2004.12.016
- Iverson, K. R., Wall, M. K., 1982, Buried, viable seeds and their relation to revegetation after surface mining. Journal of Range Management, 35(5), 648- 652. https://doi.org/10.2307/3898656
- Joe, S. H., Kim, K. D., 2008, Comparisons between a forest road with a coniferous plantation and distributed vegetation on the edge of a forest, and reclaimed soil seed bank, Kor. J. Env. Eco., 22(4), 409-419.
- Kang, B. H, Son, J. K., 2011, The study on the evaluation of environment function at small stream- In the case of Hongdong stream in Hongsung-gun, J. Korean Env. Res. Tech., 14(5), 81-101.
- Kim, H, J., Shin, B. K., You, Y. H., 2010, The correlation between occurrence of vegetation and environmental factors at the natural streams in Korea, Pro. Kor. Soc. Env. Eco. Con., 102-107.
- Kim, K. H., Woo, B. M., 1999, The optimal collecting time and methods of utilization of forest topsoil as revegetation materials of slopes, J. Korean Env. Res. & Reveg. Tech., 2(2), 53-61.
- Kim, S. C., Park, B. J., 2012, Species composition and density of soil seed bank in rural stream topsoil, Proceeding of the Korean Institute of Forest Recreation Conference, 95-96.
- Lee, T. B., 2006a, Coloured flora of Korea, Hyangmunsa, Seoul, Korea.
- Lee, Y. H., Kang, B. H., Na, C. S., Yang, G, Y., Min, T. G., Hong, S. H., 2011, Herbal flora and succession of stream under management conditions after its restoration-Case study of Yangjaecheon in Seoul, Kor. J. Weed Sci., 31(1), 49-70. https://doi.org/10.5660/KJWS.2011.31.1.049
- Lee, Y. N., 2006b, New flora of Korea(I, II), Kyohaksa, Seoul, Korea.
- Nishihiro, J., Nishihiro, M. A., Washitani, I., 2006, Restoration of wetland vegetation using soil seed banks: Lessons form a project in Lake Kasumigaura, Japan. Landscape and Ecological Engineering, 2, 171-176. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11355-006-0005-9
- Oh, D. S., 2008, A study on the enhancement of river characteristics after repairing Youngdam stream, M. S. Thesis, Gyeongsang National University.
- Park, I. H., Jang, G. S., Cho, K. J., Ra, J. H., 2009, Analysis on the flora and vegetation for ecological restoration of local streams-In case of local streams in Namwon, J. Korean Env. Res. Tech., 12(6), 153-163.
- Shin, H. T., Yi, M. H., 2011, The relationship between soil seed bank and ground layer of actural vegetation in Korea, Journal of Environmental Sciences, 20(1), 127-135. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2011.20.1.127
- You, J. H., Jung, S. G., Lee, C. H., 2006, Analysis on the vegetation and flora for the ecological restoration of the river, Korean J. Plant Res., 19(4), 471-479.