- Volume 21 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Hydraulic Characteristics in Ice-Harbor Fishway
아이스하버식 어도에서의 수리학적 특성분석
- Ahn, Seung-Seop (School of Construction Engineering, Kyungil University) ;
- Lee, Sang-Il (Department of Civil Engineering, Kyungil University) ;
- Lee, Zeung-Seok (School of Construction Engineering, Kyungil University)
- Received : 2012.09.11
- Accepted : 2012.11.12
- Published : 2012.11.30
The purpose of this study is to analyze the hydraulic characteristics of the ice-harbor fishway by considering its geometrical form and utilize such analysis results as the foundational database to be used when establishing fishways in the future. first of all, the study realizes the same form as an ice-harbor fishway that is currently implemented via a FLOW-3D model and estimated the parameters that were optimal to the numerical mock test. Then, this study analyzed the level of sensitivity of the flow conditions which fluctuated due to the changes in geometrical changes by adjusting the inclination and pocket spacing by using the estimated optimal parameters. As a result, the study arrived at the following conclusions. The vortical velocity increased and had a significant effect on the inclination of the fishway. Furthermore, as the velocity within the vorticity increased due to the narrowed vortical area, it was determined that further studies on vorticities or the determination of the design method for the decrease in vortical velocity were imperative.
- Ahn, M. W., 2008, Development of an environment friendly fish raceway for eco-restoration of streams, Doctoral dissertations, Konkuk university.
- Cea, L., Pena, L., Puertas, J., Vazquez,, C. M. E., Pens, E., 2007, Application of several depth-averaged turbulence models to simulate flow in vertical slot fishways, J. of Hydraulic, 160-172.
- Choi, S. H., 2008, The hydraulic characteristics of baffled fishway using 3D numerical model, Master thesis, Myungji university.
- Flow Science, Inc., 2010, Flow3D Users Manual.
- Kim, I. S., Park, J. Y., 2002, Freshwater of Korea, Kyohaksa, Soeul, 80-113.
- Kim, J. H., 2004, Dsign of fishway, 12th Hydraulic engineering workshop, 91-131.
- Lim, S. Y., 2010, An analysis of hydraulic characteristics and fish swimming performance associated with distance between baffles in the ice-habor fishway, Master thesis, Myungji university.
- Ministry of land, transport and maritime affairs, 2009, River facilities classification-Chapter 29-fishway, Ministry of land, transport and maritime affairs, 12-74.
- Minnan, L., Nallamuthu, R., David, Z., 2006, Mean flow and turbulence structure in vertical slot fishways, J. of Hydraulic, 765-777.
- Mufeed, O., 2003, Discharge rating equation and hydraulic characteristics of standard denil fishways, J. of Hydraulic, 341-348.
- Seo, C. W., 2003, Ascending capacity of migratory fish in Jamsil-weir fishway, Master thesis, Gangneung national university.
- Analysis of Hydraulic Passage Efficiency of Ice-Harbor Type Fishway for Flowrate Change vol.33, pp.5, 2013, https://doi.org/10.12652/Ksce.2013.33.5.1841
- Development of Fishway Assessment Model based on the Fishway Structure, Hydrology and Biological Characteristics in Lotic Ecosystem vol.39, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5141/ecoenv.2016.008