- Volume 21 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Community Structure and Species Diversity of Fish across Spatial Scales in the Lower Reach of Seomjin River
섬진강 하류역에 서식하는 어류의 군집구조 및 공간 규모에서 종 다양성
- Huh, Man-Kyu (Department of Molecular Biology, Dongeui University) ;
- Seo, Jeoung-Yoon (Department of Environmental Engineering, Changwon National University) ;
- Joo, Woo-Hong (Department of Biology, Changwon National University)
- Received : 2012.07.23
- Accepted : 2012.11.09
- Published : 2012.11.30
A biological assessments of fish community structure were carried out in the lower reach of Seomjin River from May 2009 to November 2010. The collected fish from the six surveyed sites were 63 species belonging to 24 families, and 10 orders. Although species was different depending on sites, the numbers of individuals were not shown significance on sites. Locational dominant species were different. For example, the dominant species on May were Zacco platypus at W-1, Zacco temminckii at W-2, Acanthogobius flavimanus at W-3 and W-4, and Leiognathus nuchalis at W-5 and W-6. There is no seasonal differences in species. Species diversity was the best up to 2.64 on May at W-1 from 1.33 on November at W-6. As a result of an analysis about environmental factors for the numbers of fish species and individuals in each surveyed sites, the most effective groups were DO, BOD, and COD. The proportional difference was high on May than November between transient and asymptotic projections for population size and population growth rate for simulations starting at the current or theoretical stage distribution.
Supported by : 창원대학교
- Chung, J., 1993, Illustration of freshwater algae of Korea, Academy Pub. Co., 1-469.
- Education Ministry, 1988, Illustrated encyclopedia of fauna & flora of Korea, Vol 30 (Freshwater Fishes), Education Ministry.
- Hynes, H. B. N., 1963, Imported organic matter and secondary productivity in streams. Proc. 16th Int. Congr. Zool., 4, 324-329
- Institute for Earth Science and Disaster Prevention (NIDP), 1998, Study on the sediment yield estimation due to land development(I), NIDP-97-04, 1-315.
- Jawad, L., 2003, Impact of environmental change on the freshwater fish Fauna of Iraq, Inter. J. of Environ. Stud., 60, 581-593. https://doi.org/10.1080/0020723032000087934
- Jo, K. S., 1993, Illustration of freshwater zooplankton of Korea, Academy Pub. Co., 1-388.
- Kehde, P. M., Wilhm, J. L., 1972, The effects of grazing by snails on community structure of periphyton in laboratory streams, Am. Midl. Nat., 87, 8-24. https://doi.org/10.2307/2423878
- Kim, I. S., 1997, Illustrated encyclopedia of fauna & flora of Korea, Education Ministry, 1-629
- Kim, H. S., 1977, Illustrated encyclopedia of fauna & flora of Korea, Vol 19, Education Ministry, 1-414.
- Lloyd, M., Ghelord, R. J., 1964, A table for calculation the "Equitability" component of species diversity, J. Anim. Ecol., 33, 217-225. https://doi.org/10.2307/2628
- Margalef, R., 1958, Information theory in ecology, Gen. Sys., 3, 36-71.
- McNaughton, S. J., 1967, Relationship among functional properties of California Glassland, Nature, 216, 144-168.
- Nelson, J. S., 1994, Fishes of the world, John Wiley and Sons Inc., New York, 3rd edition, 1-600.
- Pielou, E. C., 1966, The measurement of diversity in different types of biological collections. J. Theroret. Biol., 13, 131-144. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-5193(66)90013-0
- Pielou, E. C., 1969, An introduction to mathematical ecology, New York, John Wiley, 1-326.
- Pielou, E. C., 1975, Ecological diversity, John Wiley and Sons, NY, 1-165.
- Shajan, K. P., 2001, Geochemistry of bottom sediments from a river-estuary-shelf mixing zone on the tropical southwest coast of India, Bull. Geol. Survey of Japan, 52, 371-382. https://doi.org/10.9795/bullgsj.52.371
- Shannon, C. E., Weaver, W., 1949, The mathematical theory of communication, University Illinois Press, Urbana, IL., 1-326.
- Singh, A. K., Hasnain, S. I., 1999, Environmental geochemistry of Damodar River basin, east coast of India, Environ. Geology, 37, 124-136. https://doi.org/10.1007/s002540050369
- Tejerina-Garro, F. L., Maldonado, M., Ibanez, C., Pont, D., Roset, N., Oberdorff, T., 2005, Effects of natural and anthropogenic environmental changes on riverine fish assemblages: a framework for ecological assessment of rivers, Brazilian Arch. of Biol. and Tech., 48, 91-108. https://doi.org/10.1590/S1516-89132005000100013
- Surber, E. W., 1937, Rainbow trout and bottom fauna production in one mile of stream, Trans. Am. Fish. Soc., 66, 193-202. https://doi.org/10.1577/1548-8659(1936)66[193:RTABFP]2.0.CO;2
- Warton, D. I., Wright, I. J., Falster, D. S., Westoby, M., 2006, Bivariate line fitting methods for allometry, Biolog. Rev., 81, 259-291.