- Volume 7 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Development of Low-inertia Master device for Haptic system configuration of surgical robot
수술용 로봇 햅틱 시스템 구성을 위한 저관성 마스터 장치 핸들부 개발
- Kang, Byeong-Ho (Graduated of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Yoon, Sung-Min (Graduated of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Lee, Min Cheol (School of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Kim, Chi-Yen (Division of Mechanical Engineering Technology, Yeungnam College of Science & Technology)
- Received : 2012.05.03
- Accepted : 2012.11.06
- Published : 2012.11.30
When using commercialized robot assisted laparoscopic, surgeon has met some problems to depend only on image of the surgical field. To solve it, there were various researches. The previous study showed that it is possible to estimate the operation force on the commercialized instrument inside patient without sensors. To apply the estimated force to a haptic master console for the laparoscopy surgical robot system, the light haptic master console should be designed. This paper suggests the design of lighter master console handle to reduce a weight of the console whose structure can match with the joint and DOF of an instrument. A cable-conduit mechanism is designed to make light structure to perform a delicate manipulation. The cable-conduit mechanism removes the weight and inertia of link caused by haptic actuator and encoder which is separated from handle link of a manipulator.
- A. Ayav, L. Bresler, L. Brunaud and P. Boissel, " Early results of one-year robotic surgery using the Da Vinci system to perform advanced laparocopic procedures," J Gastrointest Surg, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 720-726, Oct. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gassur.2004.06.002
- M. C. Lee, C. Y. Kim, B. Yao, W. J. Penie and Y. E. Song, "Reaction Force Estimation of Surgical Robot Instrument Using Perturbation Observer with SMCSPO Algorithm," Proceedings of AIM 2010, Montreal, Canada, pp.181-186,July, 2010
- H. S. Song, J. H. Chung and J. J. Lee, " Design of Dexterous Manipulator for MIS", Proceeding of KSME summer symposium, pp.823-828, 2004.
- F. Corcione, C. Esposito, D. Cuccurullo, A. Settembre, N. Miranda, F. Amato, F. Pirozzi, P. Caizzo, "Advantages and limits of robot-assisted laparoscopic surgery," Surgical Endoscopy, vol. 19, no. 1, pp.117-119, Apr. 2002.
- P. Giulianotti, A. Coratti, M. Angelini, F. Sbrana, S. Cecconi, T. Balestracci and G. Caravaglios, "Robotics in General Surgery- Personal Experience in a Large Community Hospital," Archives of Surgery, No. 238, pp.777-784, 2003.
- K. Vlachos, E. Papadopoulos, and D. N. Mitropoulos, "Design and Implementation of a haptic Device for Training in Urological Operations," IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol.19, pp. 801-809, 2003 https://doi.org/10.1109/TRA.2003.817064
- S. Payandeh and T. Li, "Towards new designs of haptic devices for minimally invasive surgery," International Congress Series, pp. 775-781, 2003.
- V. Hayward, P. Gregorio, O. Astley, S. Greenish, and M. Doyon, "Freedom-7: A High Fidelity Seven Axis haptic Deviec with Application to Surgical Training," Experimental Robotics Vi, pp. 445-456, 1998.
- A. J. Costello, H. Haxhimolla, H. Crowe, J. S. Peters, "Installation of telerobotic surgery and initial experience with telerobotic radical prostatectomy," BJU international, vol. 96, no. 1, pp. 34-38, Jul. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1464-410X.2005.05562.x
- S. M. Yoon, M. C. Lee, C. Y. Kim and B. Y. Kang, "Evaluation of Possibility of Estimation of Reaction Force of Surgical Robot Instrument using Sliding Perturbation Observer", KROS, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 20-28, 2012.
- Steven E. Butner, and Moji Ghodoussi," Transformaing a Surgical Robot for Human Telesurgery", IEEE Trans on Robotics and Automation, vol.19, no.5, october 2003, pp818-824 https://doi.org/10.1109/TRA.2003.817214
- Gyung Tak Sung and Inderbir S. Gill, 2001, "Robotic Laparoscopic Surgery : A Comparison of the da Vinci and ZEUS Systems", UROLOGY Vol.58, Num.6, pp893-898. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0090-4295(01)01423-6
- J. J. Crisco, W. M. R. Heard, R. R. Rich, D. J. Paller and S. W. Wolfe, "The mechanical Axes of the Wrist Are Oriented Obliquely to the Anatomical Axes," The Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, vol. 93, pp.169-177, Jan. 2011. https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.I.01222
- V. Agrawal, W. J. Penine and B. Yao, "Modeling of Transmission Characteristics Across a Cable-Conduit System," IEEE Trans on Robotics, vol. 36, no. 5, pp.914-924, Oct.2010
- B. Y. Chung, D. K. Lee, "Ergonics Human Factors", Minyoungsa, 2009.
- Varun Agrawal, William J. Peine, Bin Yao and Seung Wook Choi, "Control of Cable Actuated Devices using Smooth Backlash Inverse", IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation pp.1074-1079,May 2010
- Varun Agrawal, William J. Peine, Bin Yao, "Modeling of Closed Loof Cable-Conduit Transmission System", IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation,2008