- Volume 12 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Difference of Catechins Extracted Level when Fermented Sun-dried Salt and Green Tea
천일염과 녹차를 발효시켰을 때 Catechin류의 추출량 변화
- Received : 2012.08.08
- Accepted : 2012.10.15
- Published : 2012.11.28
In an experiment in which fermentation was done by adding fungal species that have antibiosis but do not have cellulase, the extraction amount of EGC, EC, EGCG, and ECG increased in all samples that fermented by adding sun-dried salt compared to those that fermented only with green tea after fermenting green tea by mixing it with sun-dried salt. In the analysis conducted according to the days of fermentation, the high extraction amounts of EGC(epigallocatechin), ECG(epicatechin gallate), EC(epicatechin), and EGCG(epigallocatechin gallate) were detected on the second and third day. Furthermore, when fermentation was done by adding ferment bacillus, all types of catechin(EGC, EC, EGCG, ECG) extraction increased in Paenibacillus spp but in Bacillus amyloliquefaciens, EGC and EC decreased while EGCG and ECG increased; whereas in Bacillus pumilus and Bacillus subtilis all types of catechin(EGC, EC, EGCG, ECG) decreased. The results of the above experiment reveal that the largest amount of catechin was extracted from the result which conducted fermentation for three days together with sun-dried salt and Paenibacillus spp in the green tea.
- K. C. Sung, "A study on the pharmaceutical characteristic and analysis of green tea Extract," J. Korean Oil Chemists's SOC, Vol.23, No.2, pp.15-124, 2006.
- 정명근, 이민석, "녹차 함유 카테친 및 카페인 동시분석을 위한 최적 HPLC분석 조건", Korean journal of crop science, 제53권, 제2호, pp.224-232, 2008.
- V. Cespy and G. Williamson, "A review of the health effects of green tea catechins in vivo animal models," Vol.134, No.12, suppl, pp.3431-3440, 1994.
- S. I. Choi, J. H. Lee, and S. R. Lee, "Effect of green tea beverage on the removal of cadmium and lead by animal experiments," Korean J. Food Sci. Technol, Vol.26, No.6, pp.740-744, 1994.
- S. A. Mandel, Y. Avramovich-Tirosh, L. Reznichenko, H. Zheng, O. Weinreb, T. Amit, and M. B. Youdim, "Multifunctional activities of green tea catechins in neuroprotection. Modulation of cell survival genes, iron dependent oxidative stress and PKC signalling pathway," Neurosignals, Vol.14, No.1/2, pp.46-60, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1159/000085385
- M. C. Sabu, K. Smitha, and K. Ramadas, "Antidiabetic activity of green tea polyphenols and their role in reducing oxidative stress in experimental diabetes," J.Ethanopharmacol, Vol.83, No.2, pp.109-116, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-8741(02)00217-9
- F. L. Chung, J. Schwartz, C. R. Herzog, and Y. M. Yang, "Tea and cancer prevention, Studies in animals and humans," J. Nutr. Vol.133, No.4, pp.3268-3274, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1093/jn/133.10.3268S
- D. M. Morre and D. J. Morre, "Anticancer activity of grape and grape skin extracts alone and combined with green tea infusions," Cancer Lett., Vol.238, No.2, pp.202-209, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.canlet.2005.07.011
- Y. J. Cai, L. P. Ma, L. F. Hou, B. Z. Li, L. Y. Yang, and Z. L. Liu, "Antioxidant effects of green tea polyphenols on free radical initiated peroxidation of rat liver microsomes," Chem. Phys. Lipids, Vol.120, No.1/2, pp.109-117, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0009-3084(02)00110-X
- S. T. Kang, U. H. Yoo, K. H. Nam, J. Y. Kang, and K. S. Oh, "Antioxidative effects of green tea extract on the oxidation of anchovy oil," J. Agric. Life Sci., Vol.41, pp.47-53, 2007.
- K. J. Lee, "Antioxidant activity analysis of catechin compounds in Korean green tea using HPLC online ABTS+ antioxidant screening system," Korean J. Biotechnol. Bioeng. Vol.23, No.1, pp.96-100, 2009.
- 최원호, 이중원, "카테킨 음용이 비만여성의 혈중 지질농도에 미치는 영향", 한국콘텐츠학회, 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제12권, 제1호, pp.338-345, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.01.338
- C. S. Park and M. S. Cha, "Comparison of antibacterial activities of green tea extracts and preservatives to the pathogenic bacteria," Korean J. Food Nutr., Vol.13, No.1, pp.36-44, 2000.
- Y. S. Cho, H. S. Kim, S. K. Kim, O. C. Kwon, S. J. Jeong, and Y. M. Lee, "Antibacterial and bacterial activity of green tea extracts," J. Korean. Tea Soc., Vol.3, No.1, pp.89-103, 1997.
- S. H. Chung and K. H. Yoon, "Antimicrobial activity of extracts and fractions of green tea used for coarse tea," J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr., Vol.37, No.11, pp.1382-1388, 2009. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2008.37.11.1382
- 최옥자, 최경희, "발효정도에 따른 국내산 야생차(녹차, 반발효차, 홍차)의 이화학적 특성", Korean J. Food Nutr., Vol.32, No.3, pp.356-362, 2003. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2003.32.3.356
- 비락연구실 가공2팀, "소금에 관한 보고서", 주(비락) 비락연구실, 김해, 1995.
- M. M. Cowan, "Plant products as antimicrobal agents," Clin. Microbiol, Rev.12, pp.564-582, 1999.
- D. Bagchi, "Green Tea: Antioxidant Power to Fight Disease," Keats. Publishing, New Canaan, CT, USA. p.48, 1999.
- J. O. Ha and K. Y. Park, "Comparison of mineral contents and external structure of various salts," Korean J. Food Sci. Nutr., Vol.27, No.3, pp.413-418, 1999.
- M. W. Park and Y. K. Park, "Changes of physico chemical and sensory characteristics of Oiji (Korean pickled cucumbers) prepared with different salts," Korean J. Food Sic. Nutr., Vol.27, pp.417-424, 1999.
- M. S. Shin and H. I. Rhee, "The properties of salts and their effects on salted vegetables," Korean Home Econ. Assoc., Vol.21, pp.55-63, 1983.
- E. S. Maurice and R. Y. Vernon, "Nutrition and diet in hypertension. In Modern Nutrition in Health and Disease," 7th ed. Lea & Febiger, Philadelphia, p.1272, 1988.
- S. H. Hwang, "A study on the heavy metal contentsof common salts in Korea," Korean J. Environ. Health,Soc., Vol.14, pp.73-86, 1998.
- J. O. Ha and K. Y. Park, "Comparison of mineral contents and external structure of various salts," Korean J. Food Sci. Nutr., Vol.27, pp.413-418, 1998.
- C. S. Kong, S. S. Bak, K. O. Jung, J. H. Kil, S. Y. Lim, and K. Y. Park, "Antimutagenic and anticancer effects of salted macker with various kinds of salts," J. Kor. Fish. Soc., Vol.38, pp.281-285, 2005.
- 최혜정, 김야엘, 방지훈, "항균물질을 생산하는 토착 미생물 Paenibacillus sp. BCNU 5011의 특성화", KSBB Journal Vol.26, No.2, pp.100-106, 2011. https://doi.org/10.7841/ksbbj.2011.26.2.100
- 김혜영, 이태수, "Bacillus amyloliquefaciens IUB 158-03이 생산하는 항진균물질의 분리와 항균활성", 한국균학회지, The Korean journal of mycology Vol.37, No.1, pp.96-103, 2009. https://doi.org/10.4489/KJM.2009.37.1.096
- 문영건, 이경준, 허문수, "Bacillus subtilis를 이용하여 발효시킨 감귤 가공부산물 추출물의 특성", Korean journal of microbiology and biotechnology Vol.35, No.2, pp.142-149, 2007.
- 이종우, "기능성 발효유식품의 표면디자인 연구", 한국콘텐츠학회, 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제5권, 제6호, pp.163-171, 2005.
- 이재준, 김아라, 장해춘, 이명렬, "천일염 함유 청국장의 항산화효과", Korean J. Food Preserv. Vol.16, No.2, pp.238-245, 2009.
- 강민정, 김성호, 주현규, "전통메주로부터 대두단백질 가수분해효소 생산성 미생물의 분리 및 동정", Journal of the Korean society of Agricultural Chemistry and Biotechnology, Vol.43, No.2, pp.86-94, 2000.
- The influence of Procyanidins, Gallic acid and Theaflavins extracted level when fermented sun-dried salt and green tea vol.15, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.6.3774
- The Antioxidant Effect of Cheonggukjang, Fermented Using the New Strain, Bacillus amyloliquefaciens NBF11-1 vol.16, pp.8, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.8.5343
- Changes in Physicochemical Properties of Actinidia arguta (Siebold & Zucc.) Planch. ex Miq. by Blanching, Drying, and Fermentation vol.44, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2015.44.3.425