- Volume 19 Issue 4
Purpose: The purposes of this study were to identify knowledge, health belief and compliance in patients with hypertension and to identify the most important predictors for compliance of hypertensive patient. Method: The participants in this study were 117 patients who were receiving treatment for hypertension at E. university hospital or one of three local clinics in D-city. Data were collected using a knowledge measurement instrument, health belief scale, and an instrument on compliance. Collected data were analyzed using
- Ahn, Y. H. (2007). Compliance level with therapeutic regimen of medication and life style among patients with hypertension in rural communities. Journal of Korea Community Health Nursing Academic Society, 21, 125-133.
- Becker, M. H. (1974). The health belief model and sick role behavior. Health Education Monographs 2, 409-419. https://doi.org/10.1177/109019817400200407
- Chang, K. O. (2003). The Relationship among health habits, perceived health status and knowledge related to hypertension and medication compliances of hypertensive elderly. Unpublished master's thesis, Catholic University of Pusan, Busan.
- Chobanian, A. V., Bakris, G. L., Black, H. R., Cushman, W. C., Green, L. A., Izzo, J. L., et al. (2003). The seventh report of the joint national committee on prevention, detection, evaluation, and treatment of high blood pressure: The JNC 7 Report. Journal of the American Medical Association, 289, 2560-2572. http://doi: 10.1001/jama.289.19.2560 https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.289.19.2560
- Chung, E. S. (2007). Health belief and compliance of health behavior according to recurrence in patients with coronary artery occlusive disease. Unpublished master's thesis, Ajou University, Suwon.
- Dracup, K. A., & Meleis, A. I. (1982). Compliance: An interactionist approach. Nursing research, 31, 31-36.
- Franklin, B. A., Hall, L., & Timmis, G. C. (1997). Contemporary cardiac rehabilitation services. American Journal of Cardiology. 79, 1075-1077. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0002-9149(97)00050-7
- Glanz, K. Rimer, B. K., & Lewis, F. M. (2002). Health behavior and health education; Theory, research, and practice (3rd ed.). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass Inc., Publishers.
- Glanz, K. Rimer, B. K., & Lewis, F. M. (2009). Health behavior and health education (3rd). (Yoo, T. G., & Yoo, H. R., Trans.). Seoul: Koonja. (Original work published 2002).
- Jeong, H. S., Cho, O. H., & Yoo, Y. S. (2005). Compliance with health behavior among patients who are hypertensive. Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, 12, 223-230.
- Jeong, H. S., Cho, O. H., & Yoo, Y. S. (2009). High blood pressure-related knowledge and health behavior among first-year college students. Journal of Korea community health nursing academic society, 23, 285-295.
- Jeong, H. S., & Yoo, Y. S. (2001). Knowledge level and compliance of health behavior in patients with myocardial infarction. Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, 8, 334-345.
- Jo, H. S., Kim, C. B., Lee, H. W., & Jeong, H. J. (2004). A meta-analysis of health related behavior study based on health belief model in Korean. Korean Journal of health Psychology, 9, 69-84.
- Kaplan, N. M., & Victor, R. G. (2010). Clinical hypertension (10th ed.). Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Kim, E. K., Lee, H. J., Ahn, S. H., & Chung, E. S. (2003). Factors influencing on the compliance of breast self-examination of nurses in a local area. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 33, 1047-1056. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2003.33.7.1047
- Kim, K. E. (2002). A study on health behaviors and medication compliances of hypertensive patients in a rural area. Journal of Korean Community Nursing, 13, 49-56.
- Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2008). 2007 Korea national health statistics: The forth korea national health and nutrition examination survey. Seoul: Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Lee, M. H. (2001). A Study on the relationships between health belief and sick role behavior of patients with coronary heart disease. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Lee, S. J., & Song, M. S. (1999). Compliance with low-salt diet and related factors in essential hypertension patients. Journal of Korean Academic Society of Adult Nursing, 11, 605-620.
- Lee, Y. W., Kim, H. S., & Cho, E. Y. (2002). The influencing factors on health behavior of patients with coronary artery disease. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 32, 40-49. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2002.32.1.40
- Ministry of Health and Welfare (2008). 2008 National Health and Nutrition Survey. Seoul: Government Printing Office.
- Moon, E. S., & Lee, E. S. (2010). The relationship between knowledge, health beliefs, and prevention behaviors of osteoporotic fracture in patients receiving osteoporosis treatment. Journal of Korean Academy of Womens Health Nursing, 16, 147-156. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2010.16.2.147
- National Health Insurance Corporation (2008). The present condition of hypertension patient in the clinic. Seoul.
- Park, B. N., Kim, Y. S., Hyun, M. S., & Yoo, M. S. (2009). A Study on the Correlations among Knowledge, Anxiety and Compliance of Patient Role Behavior of Outpatients with Myocardial Ischemia. Journal of Korea Critical Care Nursing, 2(2), 18-27.
- Park, M. J. (2002). Knowledge, health belief and preventive health behavior on hepatitis in hepatitis B carriers. Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Smeltzer, S. C., Bare, B. G., Hinkle, J. L., & Cheever, K. H. (2010). Medical-Surgical nursing (12th ed.). Philadelpia: Lipincott Willams & Wilkins.
- Statistics Korea (2008). 2008 Annual Report on the Cause of Death Statistics.
- The Korean Society of Hypertension (2009). Textbook of hypertension. Seoul: medbook.
- Yim, J. Y. (2004). Relationship between self-efficacy and self-care behavior in open heart surgery patients who received phase I cardiac rehabilitation program. Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Factors Influencing Medication Adherence in Patients with Hypertension: Based on the 2008 Korean National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey vol.24, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2013.24.4.419
- Factors Influencing Self-Care Behaviors Related to Insulin Therapy in Elders with Diabetes Mellitus vol.20, pp.1, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2013.20.1.27
- The Effects of Adherence and Hypertension Control on Complication among Newly Diagnosed Hypertension Patients vol.25, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4332/KJHPA.2015.25.2.90
- The Mediating Effect of the Resilience on the Relationship between Type D Personality and Compliance in Patients with Coronary Artery Disease vol.28, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2016.28.1.61
- Knowledge, Health Belief, and Preventive Behavioral Intention related to Venous Thromboembolism (VTE) of the Patients with Lower Limb Musculoskeletal System Disorders vol.19, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.4.531
- Testing a Middle-Range Theory of Self-Care of Chronic Illness: A Validation for Korean Adult Patients with Severe Hypertension vol.48, pp.5, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2018.48.5.521