- Volume 36 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Effects of an Anti-wind Net on Wind Velocity Reduction by a Wind Tunnel Test and CFD
풍동시험과 CFD를 통한 방풍망의 풍속저감 효과
- Received : 2011.09.26
- Accepted : 2011.10.12
- Published : 2011.10.25
This study was carried out to analyze the installation effect of an anti-wind net on reducing wind velocity which was used to protect orchards as well as single-span plastichouses. The pressure drop through three types of anti-wind net was measured in a subsonic wind tunnel. The wind reduction through the anti-wind facility for several sets in respect to three types of the net and heights of the facility ranging from 3 to 11 m was analyzed by using computational fluid dynamics (CFD). The measured data showed that the pressure drop increased as an equation of the second degree of the inlet wind velocity. Numerical computations exhibited that the effect of wind reduction definitely augmented as the net size became smaller and increased with the height of the facility being heightened to some extent. For the typical and widely used anti-wind facility with a height of 5 m and a net size of 4mm, the amount of wind reduction came up to 5.1 m/s for the inlet wind velocity of 20 m/s, and also 7.6 and 10.1 m/s for the inlet wind velocities of 30 and 40 m/s, respectively. In case for the orchard's longitudinal length to be within about 200 m, the appropriately effective height of the facility was predicted to be 5 m. Finally, the negative total pressure on the top face of the single-span plastichouse certainly reduced for all the cases with the anti-wind facility being installed. In particular, the reduction of the negative total pressure was more considerable as the inlet wind velocity increased.
Auti-wind net;CFD;Pressure drop;Wind tunnel
- Bardina, J.E., P.G. Huang and T.J. Coakley. 1997. Turbulence modeling validation testing and development. NASA Technical Memorandum 110446.
- ANSYS, Inc. 2009. ANSYS CFX-Solver modeling guide. ANSYS CFX Release 12.1.
- Eckert, W. T., K. W. Mort and J. Jope. 1976. Aerzodynamic design guidelines and computer program for estimation of subsonic wind tunnel performance. NASA TN D-8243.
- Green, S. R. 1992. Modeling turbulent air flow in a stand of widely-spaced trees. The PHOENICS Journal of Computational Fluid Dynamics and its applications 5(1):294-307.
- Yum, S. H., K. J. Kwon, S. H. Sung and Y. D. Choi. 2007. The installation effect and optimal pipe sizes of an anti-wind net by computational analysis. Journal of Biosystems Engineering 32(6):430-439. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.5307/JBE.2007.32.6.430
- Analysis of Air Circulation in Oyster Mushroom Farm vol.37, pp.2, 2012, https://doi.org/10.5307/JBE.2012.37.2.075
- Effect of Wind Break on the Early Growth of Pinus thunbergii at Saemangum Sea-wall vol.15, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5532/KJAFM.2013.15.4.210
- Effect of Shade Net on Reduction of Freezing Damage at a Tea Garden vol.16, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5532/KJAFM.2014.16.2.146
- Meteorological Analysis of Installation Effects of a Windbreak Net on Reducing Wind Speed at An Apple Orchard vol.15, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5532/KJAFM.2013.15.4.298
- An Experimental Study on Characteristics of Pressure Drop of Screens Used in Horticultural Facilities vol.55, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2013.55.6.031