- Volume 36 Issue 3
Application of the Two-Dosimeter Algorithm for Effective Dose Evaluations based on ICRP Publication 103
ICRP 103 방사선방호 체계 하에서 유효선량 평가를 위한 Two-Dosimeter Algorithm의 적용방안
- Received : 2011.05.17
- Accepted : 2011.08.18
- Published : 2011.09.30
To evaluate the radiation exposure of workers participating in task where high radiation exposure is expected, two-dosimeter is typically provided radiation workers, one on the chest and the other on the back, at Korean nuclear power plants (NPPs). In a previous study, the NCRP (55:50) algorithm was selected as the optimal two-dosimeter algorithm (TDA) with various field tests and this TDA has been applied to all Korean NPPs since 2006. In 2007, the International Commission on Radiological Protection (ICRP) published the new ICRP recommendation, ICRP 103, which provides the revised weighting factors for both radiation and tissues and the new reference phantom. In this study, the applicability of current NCRP (55:50) algorithm at Korean NPPs for ICRP 103 was analyzed. As a result, it was found that the NCRP (55:50) algorithm is still effective to estimate the effective dose of workers under ICRP 103.
- International Commission on Radiological Protection. 1990 Recommendations of the International Commission on Radiological Protection. ICRP Publication 60. Pergamon Press, 1991.
- International Commission on Radiological Protection. The 2007 Recommendations of the International Commission on Radiological Protection. ICRP Publication 103. Pergamon Press, 2007.
- International Commission on Radiation Units and Measurements. Quantities and Units in Radiation Protection Dosimetry. ICRU Report 51, 1993.
- 교육과학기술부. 고시 제2008-48호: 판독업무 등록 기준 및 검사 규정. 2008.
- Panasonic Co. LTD. Panasonic Brochure; Thermoluminescent Dosimeter, 2008.
- Harshaw Co. LTD. Harshaw Brochure; Thermoluminescent Dosimeter, 2008.
- Institute of Nuclear Power Operations. Guidelines for Radiological Protection at Nuclear Power Stations. INPO 91-014(Revision 01), 1995.
- World Association of Nuclear Operators. Guidelines for Radiological Protection at Nuclear Power Plants. WANO GL 2004-01, 2004.
- Kim HG, Kong TY. Selection of the Most Appropriate Two-dosemeter Algorithm for Estimating Effective Dose Equivalent during Maintenance Periods in Korean Nuclear Power Plants. Radiat. Prot. Dosim. 2010;140(2):171-181. https://doi.org/10.1093/rpd/ncq073
- Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power Co. LTD. Nuclear Power Plants Standard Procedure - Measurement andAssessment of External Exposure. 2008
- Kim HG, Kong TY. Operational Experience of a Two-Dosimeter Algorithm for Better Estimation of Effective Dose at Korean Nuclear Power Plants. J. Radiat. Prot. 2009;34(4):165-169.
- Kim HG, Kong TY. One Way for the Two-Dosimeter Method. Nuclear Engineering International, 2009 Nov;15-18.
- 한국원자력안전기술원. 제15차 피폭방사선량 평가에 관한 워크샵, 제주. 2011
- International Atomic Energy Agency. Basic Safety Standards for Protection against Ionizing Radiation and for the Safety of Radiation Sources. IAEA Safety Series No. 115, Vienna, 1996.
- 교육과학기술부. 고시 제2008-31호: 방사선방호등에 관한 기준 고시, 2008.
- International Commission on Radiological Protection. Adult Reference Computational Phantoms. New York. Elsevier, ICRP Publication 110. 2009.
- National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements (NCRP). Use of Personal Monitors to Estimate Effective Dose Equivalent and Dose to Workers for External Exposure to Low-LET Radiation. NCRP Report No.122, Bethesda, 1995.
- Kim CH, Cho S, Jeong JH, Bolch WE, Reece WD. Poston W. Development of New Two-Dosimeter Algorithm for Effective Dose in ICRP Publication 103. Health Physics. 2011;100(5):462-467. https://doi.org/10.1097/HP.0b013e3181f186c9
- Kim HG, Kong TY. Jeong WT, Kim ST, Radiation Fields and Dose Assessments in Korean Nuclear Power Plants, Radiat. Prot. Dosim. 2011;146(1-3): 136-139. https://doi.org/10.1093/rpd/ncr137
- Personal Communications with Health Physicist at Korean Nuclear Power Plants. 2009.
- International Commission on Radiological Protection. Conversion Coefficients for Use in Radiological Protection against External radiation. ICRP Publication 74. Pergamon Press, Oxford, UK, 1997.