- Volume 36 Issue 3
A Study on the Implementation of Dose Constraints in Occupational Dose According to ICRP 103 Recommendations in Korea
ICRP신권고에 따른 직무피폭에서의 선량제약치 국내 적용 방안 연구
- Kim, Yong-Min (Department of Radiological Science, Catholic University of Daegu) ;
- Cho, Kun-Woo (Korea Institute of Nuclear Science)
- Received : 2011.02.16
- Accepted : 2011.07.27
- Published : 2011.09.30
In 2007, the International Commission on Radiological Protection (ICRP) published Recommendations of the International Commission on Radiological Protection. Accordingly IAEA safety standards committees have reviewed and revised the BSS. The process of the implementation of the ICRP 103 into Korean radiation protection regulations has been continued. Although the new recommendations retain the fundamental protection principles, the impact of the new ICRP recommendations will necessarily be greater than ever before. ICRP recommends the application of dose constraint in planned situations and reference level in existing & emergency situations for strengthening of the principle of optimization. Dose constraints and reference level play a criterion on the level of individual dose as prospective and source-related values. Therefore it is necessary to apply dose constraints and reference levels to all nuclear and RI&RG facilities in Rep. of Korea. Dose constraints and reference level of occupational exposure will be set-up by the stakeholder itself with the cooperation of regulatory body. In this study, the implementation method was discussed to apply the dose constraints and reference level as the procedure for the optimization, not the tool of the regulation.
Supported by : 대구가톨릭대학교
- 한국동위원소협회. 2010 방사선이용통계조사. 2011.
- ICRP. 1990 Recommendations of the International Commission on Radiological Protection. ICRP Publication 60, 1991.
- ICRP. 2007 Recommendations of the International Commission on Radiological Protection. ICRP Publication 103, 2007.
- Cho KW and Kim YM. Implementation of the ICRP 2007 recommendations in Korea. Applied Radiation and Isotopes 2009;67:1286-1289. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apradiso.2009.02.010
- ICRP. The History of ICRP and the Evolution of its Polices. ICRP Publication 109, 2008.
- IAEA. International Basic Safety Standards for Protection against Ionizing Radiation and for the Safety of Radiation Sources. Safety Series 115, STI/PUB/996. International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna, Austria, 1996.
- IAEA. International Basic Safety Standards for Protection against Ionizing Radiation and for the Safety of Radiation Sources draft 4.0. 2010.
- ICRP. Assessing Dose of the Representative Person for the Purpose of Radiation Protection of the Public and the Optimisation of Radiological Protection. ICRP Publication 101, 2005.