- Volume 27 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Estimating Influence of Local and Neighborhood Emissions on Ozone Concentrations over the Kwang-Yang Bay based on Air Quality Simulations for a 2010 June Episode
대기질 모사를 통한 인접지역 배출량이 광양만 오존농도에 미치는 영향분석 - 2010년 6월 사례를 중심으로
Kim, Soon-Tae;Lee, Chong-Bum
- Received : 2011.07.06
- Accepted : 2011.08.31
- Published : 2011.10.31
Simulations of CMAQ with the High-order Decoupled Direct Method (HDDM) for a 2010 June episode are applied to estimate the influence of local and neighborhood emissions on ozone concentrations in the Kwang-Yang Bay (KYB) area. In order to examine ozone response to reductions in
Kwang-Yang Bay;Ozone;Local and neighborhood emissions;Air quality simulation;HDDM
- Byun, D.W. and J.K.S. Ching (1999) Science Algorithms of the EPA Models-3 Community Multi-scale Air Quality (CMAQ) Modeling System, EPA Report, EPA/600/R-99/030, NERL, Research Triangle Park, NC.
- Byun, D.W. and K.L. Schere (2006) Review of the Governing Equations, Computational Algorithms, and Other Components of the Models-3 Community Multiscale Air Quality (CMAQ) Modeling System, Applied Mechanics Reviews, 59(2), 51-77. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2128636
- Carter, W.P.L. (1999) Documentation of the SAPRC-99 Chemical Mechanism for VOC Reactivity Assessment, Final Report to the California Air Resources Board, Contracts No. 92-329 and No. 95-308.
- Chun, T.H., C.B. Lee, J.C. Kim, and S.T. Kim (2010) Simulation of Ozone Concentration in Gwangyang-Bay Area Using WRF-CMAQ Model, Proceeding of the 51st Meeting of KOSAE (2010), 135.
- CMAS (2010) Community Modeling and Analysis System web page, Available at http://www.cmascenter.org (accessed 2010).
- Cohan, D.S., A. Hakami, Y. Hu, and A.G. Russell (2005) Nonlinear response of ozone to emissions: Source apportionment and sensitivity analysis, Environ. Sci. Technol., 39, 6739-6748. https://doi.org/10.1021/es048664m
- Derwent, R.G., M.E. Jenkin, and S.M. Saunders (1996) Photochemical ozone creation potentials for a large number of reactive hydrocarbons under European conditions, Atmospheric Environment, 30, 181-199. https://doi.org/10.1016/1352-2310(95)00303-G
- Draxler, R.R. and G.D. Rolph (2011) HYSPLIT (HYbrid Single-Particle Lagrangian Integrated Trajectory) Model access via NOAA ARL READY (http://ready.arl.noaa.gov/HYSPLIT.php), NOAA Air Resources Laboratory, Silver Spring, MD.
- ENVIRON (2008) Higher-Order Decoupled Direct Method (HDDM) for Ozone Modeling Sensitivity Analyses and Code Refinements, Final report to the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, Work Order 582-07-84005-FY08-07, Novato, CA.
- ENVIRON (2010) User's guide to the Comprehensive Air Quality Model with Extension (CAMx) version 5.30. http://www.camx.com.
Gillani, N.V. and J.E. Pleim (1996) Sub-grid-scale features of anthropogenic emissions of
$NO_x$and VOC in the context of regional Eulerian models, Atmospheric Environment, 30, 2043-2059. https://doi.org/10.1016/1352-2310(95)00201-4
- Guenther, A., T. Karl, P. Harley, C. Wiedinmyer, P.I. Palmer, and C. Geron (2006) Estimates of global terrestrial isoprene emissions using MEGAN (Model of Emissions of Gases and Aerosols from Nature), Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 6, 3181-3210. https://doi.org/10.5194/acp-6-3181-2006
- Ha, H., S.D. Lee, J.K. Lee, C.O. Park, and T.R. Mun (2006) On characteristics of surface ozone concentration and temporal∙spatial distribution in Kwangyang- Bay, Journal of Korean Society for Atmospheric Environment, 22(5), 642-652. (in Korean with English abstract)
- Hogrefe, C., G. Sistla, E. Zalewsky, W. Hao, and J.Y. Ku (2003) An assessment of the emissions inventory processing systems EMS-2001 and SMOKE in grid-based air quality models, J. Air Waste Manage. Assoc., 53(9), 1121-1129. https://doi.org/10.1080/10473289.2003.10466261
- Kim, S., C.H. Bae, H.W. Han, and J.B. Lee (2010) Analysis of High Ozone Concentrations with CAMQ and HDDM in the Gwangyang-Bay Area for June 2010, Proceeding of the 51st Meeting of KOSAE, 136.
- Kim, S., D.W. Byun, and D. Cohan (2009) Contributions of inter- and intra-state emissions to ozone over Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, Civ. Eng. Environ. Syst., 26, 103-116. https://doi.org/10.1080/10286600802005364
- Kim, S., N.K. Moon, and D.W. Byun (2008) Korean emissions inventory processing using the US EPA's SMOKE system, Asian Journal of Atmospheric Environment, 2(1), 34-46. https://doi.org/10.5572/ajae.2008.2.1.034
- Korea Environment Institute (2006) Air Quality Modeling System- Development of Emissions Preparation System with the CAPSS, Final report, Seoul, Korea.
- Lee, S.D. (2003) Numerical simulation modeling of ozone concentration in Kwangyang Bay, Korea, J. of KSEE, 25(3), 287-294. (in Korean with English abstract)
- National Institute of Environmental Research (2010) 고농도 오존발생 원인 규명을 위한 정밀 조사(II), Final report.
- Rolph, G.D. (2011) Real-time Environmental Applications and Display sYstem (READY) (http://ready.arl.noaa.gov), NOAA Air Resources Laboratory, Silver Spring.
- Seinfeld, J.H. and S. Pandis (1998) Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, Wiley Interscience, New York.
- Shon, Z.H., S.K. Song, and G.W. Lee (2010) Photochemical analysis of ozone levels in the gulf of Gwangyang in the spring and summer of 2009, Journal of Korean Society for Atmospheric Environment, 26(2), 161-176. (in Korean with English abstract) https://doi.org/10.5572/KOSAE.2010.26.2.161
Sillman, S. (1999) The relation between ozone,
$NO_x$and hydrocarbons in urban and polluted rural environments, Atmospheric Environment, 33, 1821-1845. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1352-2310(98)00345-8
- Zhang, Q., D.G. Streets, G.R. Carmichael, K.B. He, H. Huo, A. Kannari, Z. Klimont, I.S. Park, S. Reddy, J.S. Fu, D. Chen, L. Duan, Y. Lei, L.T. Wang, and Z.L. Yao (2009) Asian emissions in 2006 for the NASA INTEX-B mission Atmos, Chem. Phys., 9, 5131-5153. https://doi.org/10.5194/acp-9-5131-2009
- Ozone Simulations over the Seoul Metropolitan Area for a 2007 June Episode, Part V: Application of CMAQ-HDDM to Predict Ozone Response to Emission Change vol.27, pp.6, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5572/KOSAE.2011.27.6.772
- Simulation of Air Quality Over South Korea Using the WRF-Chem Model: Impacts of Chemical Initial and Lateral Boundary Conditions vol.25, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14191/Atmos.2015.25.4.639
- Analysis of Domestic and Foreign Contributions using DDM in CMAQ during Particulate Matter Episode Period of February 2014 in Seoul vol.32, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5572/KOSAE.2016.32.1.082
- Domestic Ozone Sensitivity to Chinese Emissions Inventories: A Comparison between MICS-Asia 2010 and INTEX-B 2006 vol.33, pp.5, 2017, https://doi.org/10.5572/KOSAE.2017.33.5.480
Grant : 고농도 오존발생 원인 규명을 위한 정밀조사(II)
Supported by : 국립환경과학원