- Volume 6 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Phase Current Magnitude Variation Method to Reduce End-Effect Force of PM Linear Synchronous Motor
- Kim, Min-Jae (School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Seoul National University) ;
- Lim, Jae-Won (School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Seoul National University) ;
- Yim, Woo-Gyong (School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Seoul National University) ;
- Jung, Hyun-Kyo (School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Seoul National University)
- Received : 2009.04.28
- Accepted : 2011.10.04
- Published : 2011.11.01
Numerous methods are available for reducing the end-effect force of linear machines. Majority of these methods focus on redesigning the poles or slots. However, these methods require additional manufacturing cost and decrease the power density. The current paper introduces another approach to reduce the end-effect force. The new approach is a method of tuning the input phase current magnitudes individually. According to the proposed method, reduction of the end-effect force could be achieved without redesigning the poles/slots or attaching auxiliary poles/slots. The proposed method is especially applicable when the target motor is very expensive or will be used for a special mission, such as hauling army vehicles equipped with three single-phase inverters. The validity of the suggested method was exemplified by the finite element method with three-phase permanent-magnet linear synchronous motor.
- Dong-Yeup Lee, Jianpei Zhou, Su-Kwon Jeong, and Gyu-Tak Kim, "Optimal Design of Auxiliary-teeth to Reduce Detent Force by End-effect in Moving Coil Type PMLSM", Electromagnetic Field Computation 2006 12th Biennial IEEE Conference, p. 411-411, 2006.
- Yu-wu Zhu, Sang-Gun Lee, Koon-Seok Chung, Yun- Hyun Cho, "Investigation of Auxiliary Poles Design Criteria on Reduction of End Effect of Detent Force for PMLSM", IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 45, pp. 2863-2866, June 2006.
- Sung Whan Youn, Jong Jin Lee, Chang Seop Koh, "A Low Cogging Force Permanent Magnet Linear Motor Having 3 Phase 9 Pole 10 Slot Structure", The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers B, vol. 55, no. 11, pp. 547-554, 2006.
- Yang and Yunqian Zhang, "Compensation of Cogging Torque for Flux-Switching Permanent Magnet Motor Based on Current Harmonics Injection", Electric Machines and Drives Conference, 2009. IEMDC '09. IEEE International, pp. 286-291, June 2009.
- Seung Ki Seol, Control Theory of Electric Machinery, Hong-Reungp, 2009, pp. 76-78,
- Bianchi, N., Bolognani, S., "Design techniques for reducing the cogging torque in surface-mounted PM motors", IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 38, pp. 1259-1265, Sep 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2002.802989