- Volume 6 Issue 6
Custom power devices such as dynamic voltage restorer (DVR) and DSTATCOM are used to improve the power quality in distribution systems. These devices require real power to compensate the deep voltage sag during sufficient time. An interline DVR (IDVR) consists of several DVRs in different feeders. In this paper, a neural network is proposed to control the IDVR performance to achieve optimal mitigation of voltage sags, swell, and unbalance, as well as improvement of dynamic performance. Three multilayer perceptron neural networks are used to identify and regulate the dynamics of the voltage on sensitive load. A backpropagation algorithm trains this type of network. The proposed controller provides optimal mitigation of voltage dynamic. Simulation is carried out by MATLAB/Simulink, demonstrating that the proposed controller has fast response with lower total harmonic distortion.
IDVR;Artificial neural network;Voltage sag;Fast response;THD
- D.M. Vilathgamuwa, A.A.D.R. Perera, S. S. Choi, Voltage Sag Compensation with Energy Optimized Dynamic Voltage Restorer, IEEE Trans. Power Del, vol. 18,no. 3, pp. 928 - 936, Jul 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2003.813880
- S. W. Wahab, A. Yusof, Voltage Sag and Mitigation using Dynamic Voltage Restorer (DVR) System, ELECTRICA, vol. 8, No. 2 ,pp 32 - 37, 2006
- J. G. Nielsen, M. Newman, F. Blaabjerg, H. Nielsen, Control and Testing of a Dynamic Voltage Restorer (DVR) at medium voltage level, IEEE Trans.on Power Electron, vol. 19, no. 3, p.806, May 2004 https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2004.826504
- P. Boonchiam, N. Mithulananthan, Understanding of Dynamic Voltage Restorers through MATLAB Simulation, Thammasat Int. J. Sc. Tech,vol.11, no.3, July-Sept 2006
- S. S. Choi, B. H. Li, and D. M. Vilathgamuwa, "Dynamic voltage restoration with minimum energy injection," IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 15, NO. 1, pp. 51-57, Feb. 2000
- H.M. Wijekoon, D.M. Vilathgamuwa, S.S. Choi, Interline dynamic voltage restorer: an economical way to improve interline power quality, IEE Proceedings - C Generation Transmission and Distribution 150 (5) (2003).
- LI Chun, J IANG Qirong, and XIU Lincheng, "Reactive Power Control of STATCOM Using PID Auto-Tuning Technique and Fuzzy Set",Control Theory and Applications, China, 6th, vol.17, pp.856-860, December 2000
- S.R. Aali, B. Tousi, D. Nazarpour, A Fuzzy Logic Controller Design for Interline Dynamic Voltage Restorer, Seraj Higher Education Institute Tabriz, Iran, 6th International Conference on"Technical and Physical Problems of Power Engineering" 14-16 September 2010
- J. R. Vazquez, P.R.Salmeron, "Three-phase Active Power Filter Control Using Neural Networks", 10th Mediterranean Electrotechnical Conference, MEleCon, Vol.III, 2000, pp. 924-927
- M. R. Banaei, S. H. Hosseini, G. B. Gharehpetian, "Inter-line dynamic voltage restorer control using a novel optimum energy consumption strategy", Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory 14, 2006, pp. 989-999 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.simpat.2006.06.001
- J. W. Song, K. C. Lee, K. B. Cho, and J. S. Won, "An adaptive learning current controller for field-oriented controlled induction motor by neural network," in Proc. IEEE ECON'91, 1991. Pp. 469-474
- LIU Guiying, SU Shiping, "A Parallel-Connected Three-phasefour- Active Power Filter and its Control Based on Neural Network", Hunan Electric Power, vol.23, 3rd, 2003.
- Salman Mohaghegi, et al, "A Comparison of PSO and Backpropagation for Training RBF Neural Networks for Identification of A Power System With STATCOM", IEEE2005, pp. 1-4.
- S.S. Haykin, "Neural Networks- A Comprehensive Foundation", Prentice-Hall, 2nd, 1998, ISBN 0-1327-3350-1.
- M. HATTI, M.TIOURSI, W.NOUIBAT,"A Q-Newton Method Neural Network Model for PEM Fuel Cells", 4th IEEE International Conference on Industrial Informatics (INDIN), August 2006
- C. Sankaran, "Power quality", CRC PRESS, Boca Raton London New York Washington, D.C., 2002
- IEEE recommended practices and requirements for harmonic control in electrical power system. IEEE Standard 519-1992.1992
- Performance analysis of dynamic voltage restorer using improved PSO technique pp.1362-3060, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1080/00207217.2018.1519859