- Volume 24 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Effect of Aflatoxin on Feed Conversion Ratio in Broilers: A Meta-analysis
- Suganthi, R. Umaya (National Institute of Animal Nutrition and Physiology) ;
- Suresh, K.P. (National Institute of Animal Nutrition and Physiology) ;
- Parvatham, R. (National Institute of Animal Nutrition and Physiology)
- 투고 : 2011.05.02
- 심사 : 2011.06.29
- 발행 : 2011.12.01
Aflatoxins are natural contaminants of poultry feeds and feed ingredients and cause liver damage, immunosuppression, reduction in performance and mortality in broilers. A number of studies have been carried out to study the effects of aflatoxin on feed conversion ratio in broilers. The results on feed conversion ratio of 10 research articles in broilers fed with aflatoxin from first day of age to six weeks of age were compiled and were subjected to meta-analysis. Chi-square test and
Aflatoxin;Feed Conversion Ratio;Broilers;Meta-analysis
- Abousadi, M. A., E. Rowghani and E. M Honarmand. 2007. The efficacy of various additives to reduce the toxicity of aflatoxin B1 in broiler chicks. Iran. J. Vet. Res. 8:144-150.
- Allameh, A., A. Safamehr, S. A Mirhadi, M. Shivazad, A. M Abyaneh and A. Naderi. 2005. Evaluation of biochemical and production parameters of broiler chicks fed ammonia treated aflatoxin contaminated maize grains. Anim. Feed Sci. Technol. 122:289-301. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.anifeedsci.2005.03.005
- Bintvihok, A. and D. Davitiyananda. 2002. Aflatoxins and their metabolite residues in chicken tissues from 5 parts (10 provinces) of Thailand. Thai J. Hlth. Res. 16:37-50.
- Blount, W. P. 1961. Turkey "X" disease. J. Br. Turkey Fed. 1:51-62.
- Caldier, P. 2007. Indian animal feed industry Expo. Feed Tech. 18-21.
- Celik, I., H. Oguz, O. Demet, M. Boydak, H. H. Donmez, E. Sur and F. Nizamlioglu. 2000. Embryotoxicity assay of aflatoxin produced by Aspergullus parasiticus NRRL 2999. Br. Poult. Sci. 41:401-409. https://doi.org/10.1080/713654961
- Celik, S., Z. Erdogan, S. Erdogan and R. Bal. 2005. Efficacy of tribasic copper chloride (TBCC) to reduce the harmful effects of aflatoxin in broilers. Turk. J. Vet. Anim. Sci. 29:909-916.
- Diaz, G. J. and M. Sugahara. 1995. Individual and combined effects of aflatoxin and gizzerosine in broiler chickens. Br. Poult. Sci. 36:729-736. https://doi.org/10.1080/00071669508417817
- Edrington, T. S., L. F. Kubena, R. B. Harvey and G. E. Rottinghaus. 1997. Influence of super activated charcoal on the toxic effects of aflatoxins or T-2 toxin in growing broilers. Poult. Sci. 76:1205-1211. https://doi.org/10.1093/ps/76.9.1205
- Eugene, M., H. Archimede and D. Sauvant. 2004. Quantitative meta-analysis on the effects of defaunation of the rumen on growth, intake and digestion in ruminants. Livest. Prod. Sci. 85:81-91. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0301-6226(03)00117-9
- Glass, G. V. 1976. Primary, secondary and meta-analysis of research. Educ. Res. 5:3-8.
- Huff, W. E., L. F. Kubena, R. B. Harvey, V. M. Hagler, S. P. Swanson, T. D. Phillips and C. R. Creger. 1986. Individual and combined effects of aflatoxin and deoxynivalenol (DON, vomitoxin) in broiler chickens. Poult. Sci. 65:1291-1298. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0651291
- Kermanshahi, H., A. R. Hazegh and N. Afzali. 2009. Effect of sodium bentonite in broilers fed diets contaminated with aflatoxin B1. J. Anim. Vet. Adv. 8:1680-5593.
- Kubena, L. F., R. B. Harvey, R. H. Bailey, S. A. Buckley and G. E. Rottinghaus. 1998. Effects of a hydrated sodium Calcium Aluminosilicate (T-bind) on Mycotoxicosis in young broiler chickens. Poult. Sci. 77:1802-1509.
- Modirsanei, M., B. Mansoori, A. R. Khosravi, M. M. Kiaei, P. Khazraeinia, M. Farkhoy and Z. Masoumi. 2008. Effect of diatomaceous earth on the performance and blood variables of broilers chicks during experimental aflatoxicosis. J. Sci. Food Agric. 88:626-632. https://doi.org/10.1002/jsfa.3127
- Mondal, S., K. P. Suresh and S. Nandi. 2010. Endocrine profile of oestrous cycle of buffalo: A meta-analysis. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 23:169-176.
- Murphy, P. A., S. Hendrich, C. Landgren and C. M. Bryant. 2006. Food Mycotoxins: An Update. J. Food Sci. 71:51-65.
- Oguz, H. 1997. The preventive efficacy of polyvinylpolypyrrolodone (PVPP) alone and its combination with the other adsorbents into broiler feeds against aflatoxicosis. Ph.D. Thesis, University of Selcuk, Konya.
- Oguz, H. and V. Kurtoglu. 2000. Effect of clinoptilolite on performance of broilers chickens during experimental aflatoxicosis. Br. Poult. Sci. 41:512-517. https://doi.org/10.1080/713654953
- Oguz, H., V. Kurtoglu and B. Coskun. 2000. Preventive efficacy of clinoptilolite in broilers during chronic aflatoxin (50 and 100 ppb) exposure. Res. Vet. Sci. 69:197-201. https://doi.org/10.1053/rvsc.2000.0417
- Oliveira, C. A. F., E. W. Kobashigawa, T. A. Reis, L. Mestieri, R. Albuquerque and B. Correa. 2000. Aflatoxin B1 residues in eggs of laying hens fed a diet containing different levels of the mycotoxins. Food Addit. Contam. 17:459-462. https://doi.org/10.1080/02652030050034037
- Ortatatli, M. and H. Oguz. 2001. Ameliorative effects of dietary clinoptilolite on pathological changes in broiler chickens during aflatoxicosis. Res. Vet. Sci. 71:59-66. https://doi.org/10.1053/rvsc.2001.0487
- Pandey, I. and S. S. Chauhan. 2007. Studies on production performance and toxin residues in tissues and eggs of layer chickens fed on diets with various concentrations of aflatoxin AFB1. Br. Poult. Sci. 48:713-723. https://doi.org/10.1080/00071660701713534
- Qazi, J. I. and Z. Fayyaz. 2006. Aflatoxin contaminated foods and health risk perspective for Pakistani population. Mycopathol. 4:27-34.
- Reddy, D. V. R., T. K. Devi, S. V. Reddy, F. Waliyar, M. A. Mayo, K. Rama Devi, R. Ortiz and J. M. Jenne. 2000. Estimation of aflatoxin levels in selected in foods and feeds in India and Food safety management in developing countries. In: Proceedings of the International Workshop, CIRAD-FAO, France. pp. 11-13.
- Richard, J. L. and G. A. Payne. 2003. Mycotoxins: risks in plant, animal, and human systems. CAST. 199.
- Sauvant, D., P. Schmidely, J. J. Daudin and N. R. Pierre. 2008. Meta-analysis of experimental data in animal nutrition. Anim. 2:1204-1214.
- Shabani, A., B. Dastar, M. Khomeiri, B. Shabanpour and S. Hassani. 2010. Response of broiler chickens to different levels of nanozeolite during experimental aflatoxicosis. J. Biol. Sci. 10:362-367. https://doi.org/10.3923/jbs.2010.362.367
- Suresh, K. P., S. Nandi and S. Mondal. 2009. Factors affecting the laboratory production of buffalo embryos: A meta-analysis. Theriogenol. 72:978-985. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.theriogenology.2009.06.017
- Verma, J., T. S. Johri, B. K. Swain and S. Ameena. 2004. Effects of graded levels of aflatoxins, ochratoxin and their combinations on the performance and immune response of broilers. Br. Poult. Sci. 45(4):512-518. https://doi.org/10.1080/00071660412331286226
- Products to alleviate the effects of necrotic enteritis and aflatoxin on growth performance, lesion scores, and mortality in young broilers vol.24, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3382/japr/pfv015
- Evaluation of Cellulosic Polymers and Curcumin to Reduce Aflatoxin B1 Toxic Effects on Performance, Biochemical, and Immunological Parameters of Broiler Chickens vol.11, pp.2, 2019, https://doi.org/10.3390/toxins11020121