- Volume 20 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Treatment of Oil Contaminated Soils with Micro-nano Bubbles Soil Washing System
유류오염토양 처리를 위한 마이크로나노버블 토양세척에 관한 연구
- Choi, Ho-Eun (Dukshin Construction Co.,Ltd) ;
- Jung, Jin-Hee (Department of Environmental Engineering, Dong-A University) ;
- Han, Young-Rip (Department of Environmental Engineering, Dong-A University) ;
- Kim, Dae-Yong (Department of Environmental Engineering, Dong-A University) ;
- Jung, Byung-Gil (Department of Environmental Engineering, Dong-Eui University) ;
- Choi, Young-Ik (Department of Environmental Engineering, Dong-A University)
- 최호은 ((주)덕신건설) ;
- 정진희 (동아대학교 환경공학과) ;
- 한영립 (동아대학교 환경공학과) ;
- 김대용 (동아대학교 환경공학과) ;
- 정병길 (동의대학교 환경공학과) ;
- 최영익 (동아대학교 환경공학과)
- Received : 2011.08.10
- Accepted : 2011.10.05
- Published : 2011.10.31
The objectives of this study are to examine the processing of oils contamination soil by means of using a micronano-bubble soil washing system, to investigate the various factors such as washing periods, the amount of micro-nano bubbles generated depending on the quantity of acid injection and quantity of air injection, to examine the features involved in the elimination of total petroleum hydrocarbons (TPHs) contained in the soil, and thus to evaluate the possibility of practical application on the field for the economic feasibility. The oils contaminated soil used in this study was collected from the 0~15 cm surface layer of an automobile junkyard located in U City. The collected soil was air-dried for 24 hours, and then the large particles and other substances contained in the soil were eliminated and filtered through sieve No.10 (2 mm) to secure consistency in the samples. The TPH concentration of the contaminated soil was found to be 4,914~5,998 mg/kg. The micronano-bubble soil washing system consists of the reactor, the flow equalization tank, the micronano- bubble generator, the pump and the strainer, and was manufactured with stainless material for withstanding acidic phase. When the injected air flow rate was fixed at 2 L/min, for each hydrogen peroxide concentrations (5, 10, 15%) the removal percents for TPH within the contaminated soil with retention times of 30 minutes were respectively identified as 4,931 mg/kg (18.9%), 4,678 mg/kg (18.9%) and, 4,513 mg/kg (17.7%). And when the injected air flow rate was fixed at 2 L/min, for each hydrogen peroxide concentrations (5, 10, 15%) the removal percents for TPH within the contaminated soil with retention times of 120 minutes were respectively identified as4,256 mg/kg (22.3%), 4,621 mg/kg (19.7%) and 4,268 mg/kg (25.9%).
TPH;Micronano-bubble soil washing system;air flow rate;hydrogen peroxide
- 고현웅, 정병길, 정연화, 김형석, 장성호, 성낙창, 2004, 회분식 초음파 전처리를 이용한 하수슬러지의 분해에 관한 연구, 유기물자원화, 12(4), 121-129.
- 김상대, 공성호, 1998, 과산화수소를 이용한 디젤로 오염된 토양의 처리, 2004년 추계학술발표논문집, 대한환경공학회, 517-518.
- 백경화, 김선영, 강정우, 장윤영, 배범한, 이인숙, 2002, Cd 오염토양의 식물상 복원에 미치는 Cd의 영향, 2002년 춘계학술연구발표회 논문집, 대한환경공학회, 251-252.
- 임명희, 손영규, 윤준기, 김지형, 2008, 디젤로 오염된 토양에의 펜톤 산화공법 적용을 위한 산화제의 주입비영향 연구, 한국환경과학회지, 17(2), 203-210.
- 임병락, 2005, 중금속으로 오염된 토양정화를 위한 토양세척기술 평가, 석사학위논문, 경희대학교.
- 정병길, 노기현, 성낙창, 2009, 초음파세척을 이용한 오염토양 내 TPHs 및 중금속 제거특성, 한국환경과학회지, 18(4), 473-478.
- 최석종, 최현진, 박진희, 이태진, 2004, 펜톤 유사반응을 이용한 디젤 오염토양의 처리와 잔류 과산화수소가 생물학적 처리에 미치는 영향, 대한환경공학회지, 26(3), 334-339.
- 최창석, 박진희, 김영식, 이태진, 2003, 과산화수소에 의한 디젤오염토양의 처리, 2003년 춘계학술발표논문집, 대한환경공학회 , 431-435.
- Reddy, K. R., Chinthamreddy, S., 2000, Comparison of Extractants for Removing Heavy Metals from Contaminated Clayey Soils, Soil and sediment Contamination, 9(5), 449-462. https://doi.org/10.1080/10588330091134347
- Sheng, H. L., Cho, C. L., 1997, Fenton process for treatment of desizing wastewater, Water Res., 31(8), 2050-2056. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1354(97)00024-9
- Tyre, B. W., Watts, R. J., Miller, G. C., 1991, Treatment of four biorefractory contaminates in soils using catalyzed hydrogen peroxide, J. Environ. Qual., 20, 832.
- Walter, Z. T., Rena, Z. C., 1996, Decolorization Kinetics and mechanisms of commercial dyes, Chemosphere, 32(5), 947-958. https://doi.org/10.1016/0045-6535(95)00358-4
- Van Benschoten, J. E., Reed, B. E., Mastumoto, M. R., McGarvey, P. J., 1994, Metal Removal by Soil Wash for an Iron Oxide Coated Sandy Soil, Water Environment Research, 66(2), 168-174. https://doi.org/10.2175/WER.66.2.11