- Volume 22 Issue 10
The low power consumption modulation is required for short range communication. In this paper, we analyze performance of low power consumption modulation scheme such as PSPM, PSSK and QAPM using OFDM transmission in AWGN channel. A PSPM, PSSK and QAPM modulation scheme are decrease in bandwidth efficiency but improved power efficiency than existing PSK and QAM. These modulation schemes can achieve power efficiency because every symbol of modulations has a zero-envelope period like PPM techniques. The OFDM system is high bandwidth efficiency than single carrier system. In this paper, we are propose the frequency domain mapping method for OFDM transmission using low power consumption modulation method. Also, we compare low power OFDM communication system regard to BER performance, throughput and PAPR.
PSPM;PSSK;QAPM;Power Efficiency;Bandwidth Efficiency;Throughput
- Changbo Long, Sasank Reddy, Sudhaker Pamarti, Lei He, and Tanay Karnik, "Power-efficient pulse width modulation DC/DC converters with zero voltage switching control", in Proc. Low Power Electronics and Design, ISLPED'06., pp. 326-329, Oct. 2006.
- S. H Cho, A. P. Chadrakasan, "A 6.5- GHz energy efficient BFSK modulator for wireless sensor applications", IEEE J. Solid-State Circuit, vol. 39, pp. 731-739, May 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSSC.2004.826314
- IEEE P802.15-03/305r0 Zigbee Tutorial July. 2003.
- D. K. Kim, H. S. Lee, "Phase-silence-shift-keying for power-efficient modulator," IEICE Trans. Commun., vol. E92-B, no. 6, Jun. 2009.
- J. Y. Oh, J. H. Kim, and H. S. Lee, "PSSK modulation scheme for high data rate implantable medical device", IEEE. Trans. Inf. Technol. Biomed., Nov. 2009.
- J. H. Choi, H. G Ryu, "A QAPM(Quadrature Amplitude Position Modulation) for low power consumption communication", in Proc. ISWPC 2011, Feb. 2011.
- 최재훈, 유흥균, "고전력 효율 QAPM 변조 방식과 성능 평가", 한국통신학회지, 11-02, 36(2), pp. 103-113, 2011년 2월. https://doi.org/10.7840/KICS.2011.36A.2.108
- 3GPP TSGR1-01-0030, "Further results on CPICH interference cancellation as a means for increasing DL capacity", Intel Corporation, Jan. 2001.
Supported by : 한국연구재단