- Volume 24 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Studies on Analysis of Particle Lumping and Improvement of Driving Characteristics in Charged Particle Type Display
대전입자형 디스플레이에 있어서 입자뭉침의 분석 및 구동특성 개선에 관한 연구
- Kim, Young-Cho (Department of Electronic Engineering, Chungwoon University)
- 김영조 (청운대학교 전자공학과)
- Received : 2011.09.21
- Accepted : 2011.10.23
- Published : 2011.11.01
We analyzed various forces affective to the charged particles in closed space, to explain the image degradation and lifetime-shortening phenomena because of particle lumping which is one of the serious problems in reflective displays. It is possible to predict the quantity of q/m which is the most important parameter in determining the optical and electrical characteristics, by calculating the image force and kinetic energy. For stable driving, the quantity of q/m must be in the defined range but it changes during the fabrication process, so we added the filtering process to solve this problem and obtained the well-defined nonlinear driving voltage coinciding with the threshold voltage. And we obtained the fully-driving property which prevents the particle lumping and decides the image quality and lifetime of panel from the optical characteristics and occupation surface of moving particles.
- J. Heikenfeld, P. Drzaic, J. S. Yeo, and T. Koch, Journal of the SID, 19, 135 (2011).
- R. Hattrori, S. Yamada, N, Nihei, and R. Sakurai, SID DIGEST, 04, 136 (2004).
- T. Kitamura, International Display Workshops, 06, 587 (2006).
- R. Sakurai, S. Ohno, Y. Masuda, and R. Hattori, SID Digest (Tech. Papers, San Francisco, USA, 2006) p. 1922.
- B. H. Kim, S. W. Park, and Y. C. Kim, J. KIEEME, 22, 86 (2009).
- D. J. Lee and Y. C. Kim, J. KIEEME, 24, 669 (2011).
- D. J. Lee, R. E. Sloper, Y. H. Jeon, S. K. Han, S. Lee, K. H. Choi, W. H. Huh, and Y. C. Kim, SID DIGEST, 1523 (2011).
- R. J. Nash, H. Associates, J. T. Bickmore, M. L. Grande, T. Vasta, and R. N. Muller, NIP24 and Digital Fabrication, 21 (2008).
- U. Rohr, K. Richter, and C. P. GmbH, NIP24 and Digital Fabrication, 26 (2008).
- D. J. Lee, I. S. Hwang, and Y. C. Kim, J. KIEEME, 21, 63 (2008).
- D. J. Lee and Y. C. Kim, Journal of the Knowledge and Information Systems, 8, 1376 (2007).
- V. M. Moren, Moreno-Villa, M. A. Ponce-Velez, E. Valle-Jaime, and J. L. Fierro-Chavez, IEEE Proceedings Generation, Transmission and Distribution, 145, 675 (1998). https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-gtd:19982361
- C. W. Kim and Y. C. Kim, J. KIEEME, 23, 691 (2010).
- An Analysis of Driving Property of a Reflective Electronic Display Fabricated by Using Filtering Method of Non-moving Particles vol.13, pp.5, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4313/TEEM.2012.13.5.233
- Reflectivity Improvement by Particle Neutralization in a Charged Particle-Type Electronic Display vol.14, pp.1, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4313/TEEM.2013.14.1.36