- Volume 24 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Encapsulation Method of OLED with Inorganic Multi-layered Thin Films Sealed with Flat Glass
평판 유리로 봉인된 다층 무기 박막을 갖는 OLED 봉지 방법
- Park, Min-Kyung (New Technology, NEW OPTICS LTD.) ;
- Ju, Sung-Hoo (Department of Advanced Materials Science & Engineering, Daejin University) ;
- Yang, Jae-Woong (Department of Advanced Materials Science & Engineering, Daejin University) ;
- Paek, Kyeong-Kap (Department of Electronic Engineering, Daejin University)
- Received : 2011.07.10
- Accepted : 2011.10.14
- Published : 2011.11.01
To study encapsulation method for large-area organic light emitting diodes (OLEDs), red emitting OLEDs were fabricated, on which LiF and Al were deposited as inorganic protective films. And then the OLED was attached to flat glass by printing method using epoxy. In case of direct coating of epoxy onto OLED by printing method, luminance and current efficiency were remarkably decreased because of the damage to the OLED by epoxy. In case of depositing LiF and Al as inorganic protective films and then coating of epoxy onto OLED, luminance and current efficiency were not changed. OLED lifetime was more increased through inorganic protective films between OLED and flat glass than that without any encapsulation (8.8 h), i.e., 47 (LiF/Al/epoxy/glass), 62 (LiF/Al/LiF/epoxy/glass), and 84 h (LiF/Al/Al/epoxy/glass). The characteristics of OLED encapsulated with inorganic protective films (attached to flat glass) showed the possibility of application of protective films.
- C. W. Tang and S. A. VanSlyke, Appl. Phys. Lett., 51, 913 (1987). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.98799
- S. H. Ju, J. KIEEME, 19, 758 (2006).
- Y Sato, S. Ichikawa, and H. Kanai, IEEE J. Selected Topics in Quantum Electron., 4, 40 (1998). https://doi.org/10.1109/2944.669464
- Z. D. Popovic and H Aziz, IEEE J. Selected Topics in Quantum Electron., 8, 362 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1109/2944.999191
- H. Kubota, S. Miyaguchi, S. Ishizuka, T. Wakimoto, J. Funaki, Y. Fukuda, T. Watanabe, H Ochi, T. Sakamoto, T. Miyake, M. Tsuchida, I. Ohshita, and T. Tohma, J. Lumin., 87, 56 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-2313(99)00229-X
- Z. Y. Xie and L. S. Hung, Appl. Phys. Lett., 84, 1207 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1647689
- J. A. Lim, S. H. Ju, and J. W. Yang, J. Kor. Inst. Surf. Eng., 42, 287 (2009). https://doi.org/10.5695/JKISE.2009.42.6.287
- B. S. Lee, S. H. Ju, and J. W. Yang, J. Kor. Inst. Surf. Eng., 41, 102 (2008). https://doi.org/10.5695/JKISE.2008.41.3.102
- Y. S. Park, J. W. Yang, and S. H. Ju, J. KIEEME, 23, 696 (2010).