- Volume 11 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
End-Effect Compensation in Linear Induction Motor Drives
- Satvati, Mohammad Reza (Advanced Motion Systems Research Lab. and Center of Excellence on Applied Electromagnetic Systems, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Tehran) ;
- Vaez-Zade, Sadegh (Advanced Motion Systems Research Lab. and Center of Excellence on Applied Electromagnetic Systems, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Tehran)
- Received : 2010.05.22
- Published : 2011.09.20
In this paper a control system with a high performance dynamic response for linear induction motors (LIMs) is proposed which takes into account the end-effect in both the machine model and the control system. Primary flux oriented control has two major drawbacks i.e. a lack of decoupling of the thrust and the flux and a possibility of system instability due to the end-effect. Both of these drawbacks have been dealt with in this paper. A flux estimation method is proposed to correct the flux orientation error caused by the end effect. Extensive motor performance evaluations under the proposed control system prove its superiority over conventional vector control.
- S. A. Nasal and L. Bolder, Linear Motion Electric Machines, John Wiley, 1976.
- J. F. Gyres, Linear Induction Drives, CityOxford U.K.: New Clarendon, Press, 1994.
- D. C. Meeker and M. J. Newman, "Indirect vector control of a redundant linear induction motor for aircraft launch," in Proceeding of the IEEE, Vol. 97, No. 11, pp. 1768 - 1776 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/JPROC.2009.2030232
- E. F. da Silva, E. B. dos Santos, P. C. M. Machado, and M. A. A. de Oliver, "Vector control for linear induction motor," in Proc. ICIT'03, pp. 518 – 523, Dec. 2003
- E. F. da Silva, C. C. dos Santos, J. W. L. Nerds, "Field oriented control of linear induction motor taking into account end-effects," in Proc. AMC'04, pp. 689-694, Mar. 2004.
- J. H. Sung and K. Nam, "New approach to vector control for a linear induction motor considering end effects," in Proc. IAS Annual Meeting, pp. 2284 – 2289, Oct. 1999.
- Z. Mingy an, M. Weaning, X. Jin, and L. Web, "Vector control for the linear induction motor based on the position closed-loop", in Proc. ICECE, pp. 2515-2518, Jun. 2010,.
- W. Yuhua and G. Kang, "Speed and rotator magnetic flux close loop vector control system for the linear induction motor based on neuron adaptive controller," in Proc. MASS '09, pp. 1 – 5, Oct. 2009.
- W. Leonhard, Control of Electrical Drives, Springer, 3rd Edition, 2001.
- P. Vas, Vector Control of AC Machines, Oxford Clarinda Press, 1994.
- A. Ghastly, "12 Conductors of a linear induction motor," IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 111-116, Jun. 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/60.678973
- P. Liu, C. Y. Hung, C. S. Chiu, and K. Y. Lian, "Sensorless linear induction motor control using fuzzy observers for speed tracking," in Proc. ICECE, pp. 5621-5626, May 2010.
- F. J. Lin, P. K. Huang, and W. D. Chou, "Recurrent-fuzzy-neuralnetwork- controlled linear induction motor servo drive using genetic algorithms," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 54, No. 3, pp. 1449-1461, Jun. 2007 https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2007.892256
- F. J. Lin, C. K. Chang, P. K. Huang, "FPGA-based adaptive backstepping sliding-mode control for linear induction motor drive," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 22, No. 4, pp. 1222-1231, Jul. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2007.900553
- K. Y. Lian, H. C. S. Chiu, and l. C. Fu, "Robust adaptive control of linear induction motors with unknown end-effect and secondary resistance," IEEE Trans. Energy Convers., Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 412-422, Jun..2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2007.905058
- A. Gastli, "Improved field oriented control of an LIM having joints in its secondary conductors", IEEE Trans. Energy Convers., Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 349-355, Sep. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2002.801991
- S. Vaez-Zadeh, and M. R. Satvati, "Vector control of linear induction motor with end-effect compensation," in Proc. ICEMS '05, pp. 635 - 638, Sep. 2005.
- J. Kim, B. G. Gu, G. Kang, and K. Nam, "Attractive force reducing strategy of LIM for PRT systems," in Proc. IEMDC'03, pp. 1832 -1836, Jun. 2003.
- Analysis on the multi-dimensional spectrum of the thrust force for the linear motor feed drive system in machine tools vol.82, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ymssp.2016.05.006
- Combined Vector and Direct Thrust Control of Linear Induction Motors With End Effect Compensation vol.31, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2015.2479251
- A novel linear induction motor equivalent-circuit with optimized end effect model vol.37, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1109/CJECE.2014.2311958
- New MRAS secondary time constant tuning for vector control of linear induction motor considering the end-effects vol.35, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1108/COMPEL-07-2015-0263
- Adaptive Robust Motion Control for Linear Induction Motor with Electromagnetic Nonlinearity Compensation pp.15618625, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1002/asjc.1843