- Volume 16 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
LCU-Level Rate Control for HEVC Considering Hierarchical Coding Structure
HEVC의 계층적 부호화 구조를 고려한 LCU 단위의 비트율 제어 기법
- Park, Dong-Il (School of Electronics, Telecommunication & Computer Engineering, Korea Aerospace University) ;
- Kim, Jae-Gon (School of Electronics, Telecommunication & Computer Engineering, Korea Aerospace University) ;
- Lim, Sung-Chang (Realistic Media Research Team, ETRI) ;
- Kim, Jong-Ho (Realistic Media Research Team, ETRI) ;
- Kim, Hui-Yong (Realistic Media Research Team, ETRI)
- 박동일 (한국항공대학교 항공전자 및 정보통신공학부) ;
- 김재곤 (한국항공대학교 항공전자 및 정보통신공학부) ;
- 임성창 (한국전자통신연구원 방통융합미디어연구부 실감미디어연구팀) ;
- 김종호 (한국전자통신연구원 방통융합미디어연구부 실감미디어연구팀) ;
- 김휘용 (한국전자통신연구원 방통융합미디어연구부 실감미디어연구팀)
- Received : 2011.07.18
- Accepted : 2011.08.22
- Published : 2011.09.30
In this paper, a method of rate control for constant bitrate (CBR) coding of High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) is addressed. The existing rate control of H.264/AVC may not provide exact rate control in the case of hierarchical coding structure since it doesn't consider the characteristics of the hierarchical coding structure. It is expected that a rate control is added to the reference software called HM for CBR encoding in the near future. More accurate rate control may be required in a hierarchical structure of random access (RA) mode defined in the common test condition of HM. In this paper, we propose a method of rate control based on quadratic Rate-Distortion (R-D) model considering temporal layers and frame types in hierarchical coding structure for efficient rate control. In the consideration of the trade-off relationship between the bit fluctuation and the average PSNR, both of frame and coding unit (CU) are set as the basic unit of rate control. The performance of the proposed rate control method is verified by simulations along with the trade-off relationships for the both cases of basic unit.
Grant : 무안경 다시점 3D 지원 UHDTV 방송 기술개발
Supported by : 방송통신위원회, 정보통신산업진흥원
- Joint Call for Proposals on Video Compression Technology, ITU-T Q6/16 VCEG 39th meeting, VCEG-AM91, Kyoto, Japan, 17-22 Jan., 2010.
- T. K. Tan, Gary, J. Sullivan and Jens-Rainer Ohm, The summary of HEVC working draft 1 and HEVC test model (HM), JCTVC-C405, JCT-VC 3rd meeting, Guangzhou, 7-15 Oct., 2010.
- HEVC reference software (svn): https://hevc.hhi.fraunhofer.de/svn/svn_HEVCSoftware/tags
- JCT-VC, Common test conditions and software reference configurations, JCTVC-E700, JCT-VC 5th meeting, Geneva, Mar., 2011.
- ISO/IEC 14496-10: Information technology - Coding of audio-visual objects - Part 10: Advanced video coding, 2008.
- H.264/AVC reference software: http://iphome.hhi.de/suehring/tml/
- Z. Li, W. Gao, F. Pan and K. Pang, Adaptive Basic Unit Layer Rate Control for JVT, Joint Video Team of ISO/IEC MPEG and ITU-T VCEG, JVT-G012, 7th meeting, Pattaya II, Thailand, 7-14 Mar., 2003.
- A. Leontaris and A. M. Tourapis, Rate Control reorganization in the Joint Model (JM) reference software, Joint Video Team of ISO/IEC MPEG and ITU-T VCEG, JVT-W042, 23rd meeting, San Jose, California, USA, 21-27 Apr., 2007.
- Y. Liu, Z. G. Li and Y. C. Soh, Rate Control of H.264/AVC Scalable Extension, IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst.Video Technol., vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 517-529, May 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCSVT.2007.894053
- 서찬원, 한종기, 계층적 부호화 구조의 H.264/AVC에서 효율적인 비트율 제어를 위한 향상된 비트율-양자화 모델링, 한국방송공학회 추계학술대회, 2010.
- JCT-VC, WD3: Working Draft 3 of High-efficiency video coding, JCTVC-E603, JCT-VC 5th meeting, Geneva, Mar., 2011.
- High Dynamic Range Image Display Combining Weighted Least Squares Filtering with Color Appearance Model vol.21, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5909/JBE.2016.21.6.920