- Volume 11 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Research Papers Published by Three Nursing Journals to Suggest the Direction of Journal of Korean Oncology Nursing
종양간호학회지의 국제화를 위한 2010년 게재논문 분석
- Jun, Myung-Hee (Department of Nursing, Daejeon University) ;
- So, Hyang-Sook (Nursing School, Jeonnam University) ;
- Choi, Kyung-Sook (Nursing School, Chung-Ang University) ;
- Chung, Bok-Yae (Nursing School, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Ryu, Eun-Jung (Nursing School, Chung-Ang University) ;
- Lee, Dong-Suk (Department of Nursing, Kangwon National University) ;
- Kang, Jeong-Hee (Nursing School, Chonbuk National University)
- 전명희 (대전대학교 간호학과) ;
- 소향숙 (전남대학교 간호학과) ;
- 최경숙 (중앙대학교 간호학과) ;
- 정복례 (경북대학교 간호학과) ;
- 류은정 (중앙대학교 간호학과) ;
- 이동숙 (강원대학교 간호학과) ;
- 강정희 (전북대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2011.07.20
- Accepted : 2011.08.04
- Published : 2011.08.31
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to analyze the research papers published in three nursing journals to suggest the direction for Journal of Korean Oncology Nursing (JKON). Methods: To compare JKON with Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education and Cancer Nursing, all the research papers published in those three journals, 2010 were reviewed using an analysis criteria developed by the researchers, focusing on type of research, characteristics of authors and subjects, research design, data collection and analysis methods, sample size estimation, and ethical considerations regarding data collection. Results: JKON lacked research papers which were supported by research funds, produced by multidisciplinary teams, addressing cancer survivors or patients with metastatic cancers, and written in qualitative methodologies. However, JKON showed higher ratio of research papers than the other two journals which were adapted from thesis or dissertations, describing sample size estimation process precisely, and participating subjects diagnosed with various cancers. Conclusion: The study found out that JKON is presenting well the area of oncology nursing in Korea and also has several weak points that need to be improved. The study therefore suggested several recommendations for the JKON to take the professional and global leader roles.
- Statistics Korea. 2009 annual report: Cause of death. Available at http://kostat.go.kr [accessed on 15 August 2011].
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Leading causes of death. Avaliable at http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/lcod.htm [accessed on 15 August 2011].
- Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. Cancer Nursing home page. Available at http://journals.lww.com/cancernursingonline/pages/default.aspx [accessed on 15 August 2011].
- Korean Medical Citation Index. KoMCI Journal Web. Available at http: //journal.komci.org/ListJournalSum.php [accessed on 15 August 2011].
- Shin HS, Hyun MS, Ku MO, Cho MO, Kim SY, Jeong GS, et al. Analysis of research papers published in the Journal of the Korean Academy of Nursing: Focused on research trends, intervention studies, and level of evidence in the research. J Korean Acad Nurs 2010;1:139-49.
- Kim HS, Ban JY, Yoon JY, Na YH, Jeon JY, et al. Analysis of research on the nursing of hematology in Korea. J Korean Oncol Nurs 2010;10:146-55. https://doi.org/10.5388/jkon.2010.10.2.146
- Sohn SK, Han YI, Kim KH, Youn SJ. Analysis of cancer nursing research in digestive system in Korea. J Korean Oncol Nurs 2005;10:52-62.
- Choi EH, Chung BY, Kim GD, Kim KH, Byun HS. Literature review of cognitive developmental interventions on patients with breast cancer undergoing chemotherapy. J Korean Oncol Nurs 2011;11:26-32. https://doi.org/10.5388/jkon.2011.11.1.26
- Choi KS, Kim MS, Lee IJ, Han SY, Park JA, Lee JH. Analysis of nursing intervention studies on patients with breast cancer in Korea. J Korean Oncol Nurs 2011;11:74-82. https://doi.org/10.5388/jkon.2011.11.1.74
- Jun MH, Uhm DC, Jeong SH. The analysis of the Korean nursing research trends on complementary and alternative therapies for cancer patients. J Korean Oncol Nurs 2009;9:67-75.
- Oh BJ. An integrative review of oncology nursing research in Korea: 1998-2003. J Korean Oncol Nurs 2003;3:112-21.
- Oh BJ. An integrative review of oncology nursing research in Korea: 2003-2008. J Korean Oncol Nurs 2010;10:80-7.
- Kim JI, Lee EH, Kang HS, Oh HE, Lee EJ, Jun EM, et al. Analysis of published papers by keywords and research methods in the Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing (2007-2009). Korean J Women Health Nurs 2010;16:307-16. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2010.16.3.307
- Bang KS, Lee SO, Park YI, Jun MH, Kim HS, Son HM, et al. Analysis of published papers and their keywords in the Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education 2007. J Korean Acad Soc Nurs Edu. 2008;14:244-51. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2008.14.2.244
- Chung BY, Yi MS, Choi EH. Trends of nursing research in the Journal of Oncology Nursing. J Korean Oncol Nurs 2008;8:61-6.
- The Korean Federation of Science and Technology Societies (KOFST). Editor's workshop for internationalization of journals. 2011;Seoul:KOFST.
- Webb C. Editor's note: Introduction to guidelines on reporting qualitative research. J Adv Nurs 2003;42:544-5. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2648.2003.02716.x