- Volume 11 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Korean Nurses' Knowledge about Hereditary Colorectal Cancer
국내 간호사의 유전성 대장암 지식정도
- Choi, Kyung-Sook (Department of Nursing, Chung-Ang University) ;
- Kim, Hack-Sun (Research Institute of Nursing Science, Chung-Ang University) ;
- Park, Jung-Ae (Department of Nursing, Jinju Health College) ;
- Lee, Joo-Hyun (Research Institute of Nursing Science, Chung-Ang University)
- Received : 2011.06.22
- Accepted : 2011.08.04
- Published : 2011.08.31
Purpose: This study was performed to evaluate Korean nurses' knowledge about hereditary colorectal cancer (HCRC). Methods: A modified 15-item HCRC knowledge questionnaire was developed based on previous research. One hundred and forty-eight nurses have completed the questionnaire from February to April, 2011. Results: The average score of nurses' knowledge was
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- National Cancer Information Center. National Cancer Statistics. Available at: http://www. cancer.go.kr/cms/statics/survival_rate/index.html/ [accessed 25 May 2011]. 2010.
- Kim DW. Hereditary colorectal cancer. J Genet Med 2010;7:24-36. https://doi.org/10.5734/jgm.2010.7.1.24
- Lynch HT, de la Chapelle A. Hereditary colorectal cancer. N Eng J Med 2003;348:919-32. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMra012242
- Hampel H, Frankel WL, Martin E, Arnold M, Khanduja K, Kuebler P, et al. Screening for the Lynch syndrome (hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer). N Eng J Med 2005;352:1851-60. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa043146
- Aarnio M, Mecklin JP, Aaltonen LA, Nystrom-Lahti M, Jarvinen HJ. Lifetime risk of different cancers in hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer. Int J Cancer 1995;64:430-3. https://doi.org/10.1002/ijc.2910640613
- Soravia C, Berk T, Cohen Z. Genetic testing and surgical decision making in hereditary colorectal cancer. Int J Colorectal Dis 2000;15:21-8. https://doi.org/10.1007/s003840050003
- Masny A, Daly M, Ross E, Balshem A, Gillespie D, Weil SA. A training course for oncology nurses in familial cancer risk assessment: evaluation of knowledge and practice. J Cancer Educ 2003;18:20-5. https://doi.org/10.1207/S15430154JCE1801_10
- Choi JY, Kim HJ. A study on genetic counseling curriculum, accreditation of the training program, and the certification process of genetic counselors in Korea. J Genet Med 2009;6:38-55.
- Peterson SK, Rieger PT, Marani SK, deMoor C, Gritz ER. Oncology nurses' knowledge, practice, and educational needs regarding cancer genetics. Am J Med Genet 2001;98:13-4. https://doi.org/10.1002/1096-8628(20010101)98:1<13::AID-AJMG1013>3.0.CO;2-9
- Jun MH, Choi KS, Ahn SH, Gu BK. Experiences of breast cancer women undertaking genetic test. J Korean Oncol Nurs 2005;5:146-58.
- Gritz ER, Peterson SK, Vernon SW, Marani SK, Baile WF, Watts BG, et al. Psychological impact of genetic testing for hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer. J Clin Oncol 2005;23:1902-10. https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2005.07.102
- Greco K, Anderson G. Readdressing policy in cancer genetics: moving toward transdisciplinary teams. Policy Polit Nurs Pract 2006;3:129-39.
- Choi KS, Jun MH, Anderson G. The first Korean cancer genetic counseling program for nurses. J Korean Acad Soc Nurs Edu 2006;12:104-14.
- Choi KS, Jun MH, Ahn SH, Anderson G. Implementing and evaluating a nurse led hereditary cancer genetics educational program in a Korean breast cancer surgery clinic. J Korean Acad Adult Nurs 2008;20:815-28.
- Choi, KS, Jang ES, Jun MH, Jung JY, Park JA. The effect of the cancer genetic education program for nurses. J Korean Oncol Nurs 2010;10:240-6. https://doi.org/10.5388/jkon.2010.10.2.240
- Domanska K, Carlsson C, Bendahl P, Nilbert M. Knowledge about hereditary colorectal cancer mutation carriers and physicians at equal levels. BMC Med Genet 2009;10:30.
- Aktan-Collan K, Haukkala A, Mecklin JP, Uutela A, Kaariainein H. Psychological consequences of predictive genetic testing for hereditary non-polyposis colorectal cancer (HNPCC): A prospective follow-up study. Int J Cancer 2001;93:608-11. https://doi.org/10.1002/ijc.1372
- Kinney AY, Choi YA, DeVellis B, Millikan R, Kobetz E, Sandler RS. Attitudes toward genetic testing in patients with colorectal cancer. Cancer Pract 2000;8:178-86. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1523-5394.2000.84008.x
- Brain K, Gray J, Norman P, France E, Anglim C, Barton G, et al. Randomized trial of specialist genetic assessment service for familial breast cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst 2006;92:1345-51.
- Choi KS, Jun MH, Tae YS, So HS, Eun Y, Suh SR, et al. The knowledge of hereditary breast cancer in Korean nurses. J Korean Acad Soc Nurs Edu 2006;12:272-9.
- Choi KS, Jun MH, Tae YS, So HS, Eun Y, Hur MH, et al. Physicians' knowledge about hereditary breast cancer in South Korea. J Korean Acad Soc Nurs Edu 2007;13:105-13.
- Ku BK. Comparison of knowledge according to the risk of hereditary breast cancer [thesis]. Seoul:Ewha Womans Univ.;2006.
- Kozma C, Lapham V, Weiss J. Health professionals' knowledge of the Human Genome Project and genetic issues: the need for continuing education. Am J Human Genet 1996;59:A169.
- Lynch PM. New issues in genetic counseling of hereditary colon cancer. Clin Cancer Res 2007;13:6857-61. https://doi.org/10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-07-1124