- Volume 11 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effects of Self-Efficacy Promotion Program on Self-Efficacy, Self-Care Behavior, and Quality of Life in Breast Cancer Patients Receiving Radiotherapy
방사선요법을 받는 유방암환자의 자가관리를 위한 자기효능증진 프로그램이 자기효능감, 자가간호수행 및 삶의 질에 미치는 효과
- Ko, Hea-Kyoung (Kosin University Graduate School) ;
- Park, Geum-Ja (College of Nursing Science, Kosin University)
- Received : 2011.06.02
- Accepted : 2011.08.04
- Published : 2011.08.31
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to examine the effects of self-efficacy promotion programs on self-efficacy, self-care behavior, and quality of life in breast cancer patients receiving radiation therapy. Methods: This study was conducted from November 1, 2009 to December 10, 2010. A total of 39 breast cancer patients, who received radiotherapy in a University hospital located in city B, participated in the study and were divided into two groups (experimental group 17 and control group 22). The data were analyzed with the
- Korean Breast Cancer Society Policy Committee. Breast cancer facts & figures 2006-2008. Seoul: Korean Breast Cancer Society; 2008.
- Korea Central Cancer Registry. Annual report of the Korea central cancer registry 2006-2007. Seoul; 2009.
- Yang, JH. A Study on Health Behavior Experience of Middle-aged Women in Rural Area. J Korean Acad Nurs 2002;32:694-705.
- Kim SJ. Nursing thories. Seoul:Soomoonsa;1987.
- Bandura A. Social foundation of thought and action: a social cognitive theory. Englewood Cliffs, NJ:Prentice-Hall;1986.
- Yu SJ, Song MS, Lee YJ. The Effects of self-efficacy promotion and education program of self-efficacy, self -care behavior, and blood pressure for elderly hypertensives. J Korean Acad Adult Nurs 2001;13:108-22.
- Kam SH. The Development and effect of self-efficacy promotion program on self-care of hemodialysis Patients. [dissertation]. Busan:Busan National University.;2003.
- Yang YH. Trajectory of fatigue, quality if life and physical symptoms in cancer patients receiving radiotherapy. J Korean Acad Nurs 2003;33:562-9.
- Kim SJ. Development and effects of the self-efficacy promotin gprogram for prevention and early detection of gastric cancer in industrial workers. [dissertation]. Busan:Kosin Univ.;2002.
- Kim MY. Development and effects of a web-based self-efficacy promoting program on stomach cancer patients with gasterectomy. [dissertation]. Busan:Kosin Univ.;2008.
- Yang YH, Lee JK. The effect of cancer overcome program using strategy for promoting self-efficacy among family caregivers with lung cancer in Korea. J Korean Acad Adult Nurs 2006;18:395-404.
- Han SH. The effect of exercise program with strategies promoting self-efficacy on health status and exercise capacity in patients after the stem cell transplantation.[dissertation]. Seoul:Yonsel Univ.;2007.
- Kang SS. Radiation therapeutics. Seou:Chunggumunhwasa;2007.
- Sherer M, Maddux JE, Meracn dnte B, Prenitice-Dunn S, Jacobs B, Roges RW. The self-efficacy Scale: construction and validation. Psychol Rep 1982;51:663-71. https://doi.org/10.2466/pr0.19188.8.131.523
- Oh BJ, Lee EO, Tae YS, Um DC. Effects of a program to promote self-efficacy and hope on the self-care behavior and the quality of life in patients with Leukemia. J Korean Acad Nurs 1997;27:627-38.
- Orem DE. Nursing concepts of practic. 4th ed. St Louis:Mosby-Year Book Inc;1991.
- Dodd MJ. Measuring informational interventions for chemotherapy knowledge & self-care behavior-research in nursing. Health 1984;7:43-50.
- Suh SR. An effect of self-care education and level of resourcefulness on active coping in patients with chemotherapy. [dissertation]. Seoul:Seoul National Univ.;1996.
- Kim JY. Effect of structured patient education on sife-effects of chemotherapy patients and self-care. [dissertation]. Busan:Kosin Univ.;1998.
- Tae YS, Kang ES, Lee MH, Park GJ. Development of quality of life measurement for cancer patinets. J Korean Acad Adult Nurs 2000;12:741-57.
- Bandura A, Adams NE, Hardy AB, Howells GN. Tests of the generality of self-efficacy theory. Cogn Ther Res 1980;4:39-66. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01173354
- Song MR. The development and effect of self-efficacy promotion program in self-care of hemodialysis patients, [dissertation], Seoul:National Seoul Univ.;1999.
- Kim JI. An Effect of aquatic exercise program with self-help group activities and strategies for promoting self-efficacy on pain, physiological parameters and quality of life in patients having rheumatoid arthritis. [dissertation]. Seoul:Seoul National Univ.;1994.
- Lee HJ. The effects of a self-efficacy enhancing exercise program on the physiological function, self-efficacy and life satisfaction of essential hypertensibe females. [dissertation]. Seoul:Seoul National Univ.;2002.
- Gu MO, Yu JS, Kweon IK, Kim HW, Lee EO. A Review of Research on Self Efficacy Theory Applied to Health Related Behavior J Korean Acad Adult Nurs 1994;24:278-302.
- Lee HS. The effect of individualized education and telephone counseling on self-care knowledge, self-efficacy and performance in chemotherapy patients. [thesis]. Kungnam:Kungsang Univ.;2009.
- Choi JS, Predictive factors of quality of life in mastectomy patients. [thesis]. Busan:Kosin Univ.;2008.