- Volume 11 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Structual Equation Modeling on Adjustment of Cancer Patients Receiving Chemotherapy
항암 화학요법을 받는 암 환자의 적응 구조모형
- Lee, Eun-Kyung (Chung-Ang University Hospital) ;
- Ryu, Eun-Jung (Department of Nursing, College of Medicine, Chung-Ang University) ;
- Kim, Kyung-Hee (Department of Nursing, College of Medicine, Chung-Ang University)
- Received : 2011.05.30
- Accepted : 2011.07.28
- Published : 2011.08.31
Purpose: This study was to understand and explain the adjustment of cancer patients receiving chemotherapy. Variables in this model were social support, uncertainty, resilience and coping. Methods: The data were collected for approximately five months from May through to September 2006 with cancer patients receiving chemotherapy or cancer patients finished chemotherapy using self-administered questionnaires. Descriptive statistics program, Amos 5.0, was employed to verify the goodness of the hypothetic model and the hypotheses formulated in the study. Results: The fitness of the finalized model turned out to be improved (
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. National cancer registry annual report, Central cancer registry division.;2008.
- Vargens MD, Bertero CM. Living with breast cancer: its effect on the life situation and the close relationship of women in Brazil. Cancer Nurs 2007;30:471-8. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.NCC.0000300157.83144.fb
- Jeon NY. Adjustment of teenagers with cancer: a path analysis of related variables [dissertation]. Seoul:Yonsei Univ.;2001.
- Kinsel B. Resilience as adaptation in older women. J Women Aging 2005;17:23-39. https://doi.org/10.1300/J074v17n03_03
- Park EY. Adaptation aspects by causal attribution of cancer patients [dissertation]. Seoul:Korea Univ.;2006.
- Sim MK. Influence of resiliency factors on adaptation in families of children with cancer. Korean J Child Health Nurs 2004;10:383-94.
- Wierenga ME. The interrelationship between multidementional health locos of control, Knowledge of diabetes, perceives social support, self reported compliance and therapeutic oucomes six weeks after the adult patients has been diagnosed with diabetes mellitus [dissertation]. Esat Lansing:Michigan state Univ.;1979.
- Tae YS. Study on the correlation between perceived social support and depression of the cancer patients [master thesis]. Seoul:Ehwa Womans Univ.;1986.
- Sin IS. Factors Influencing quality of life in patients [master thesis]. Seoul:Kyunghee Univ.;2005.
- Mishel MH. Uncertainty in illness. Journal of Nursing Scholarship 1988;20:225-32. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1547-5069.1988.tb00082.x
- Lee IS. Uncertainty, appraisal and quality of life in patients with breast cancer across treatment phases [master thesis]. Seoul: Yonsei Univ.;2005.
- Wagnild GM, Young HM. Development and psychometric evaluation of the resilience scale. J Nurs Meas 1993;1:165-78.
- Song YS. Determinants of resilience of the physically disabled at home. [master thesis]. Pusan:Kosin Univ.;2004.
- Moorey S, Framptom M, Greer S. The cancer coping questionnaire: a self-rating scale for measuring the impact of adjuvant psychological therapy on coping behaviour. Psychooncology 2003;12:331-4. https://doi.org/10.1002/pon.646
- Kim JN, Kwon JH, Kim SY, Yu SY, Hur JW, Kim BS, et al. Validation of Korean-Cancer Coping Questionnaire (K-CCQ). Korean J health psychol 2004;9:395-414.
- Lazarus RS. Pattern of adjustment. New York:McGraw-Hill;1976.
- Watson M, Greer S, Young J, Inayat Q, Burgess C, Robertson B. Development a quetionnaire measure of adjustment to cancer: the MAC scale. Psychol Med 1988;18:203-9. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0033291700002026
- Lee MS. Relationship between breast cancer and coping style or emotional adaptation [master thesis]. Seoul:Seoul National Univ.;1997.
- Kang BC. Influencing factors on adaptation of people living with HIV/AIDS [master thesis]. Seoul:Seoul National Univ.;2003.
- Tak YR, Yun EH, Chon YS, An JY. Perceived social support as a predictor on adaptation of family who has a child with pediatric cancer. Korean J Child Health Nurs 2003;9:9-17.
- Kim ES, Park YW, Kim KA, Kim JY, Lee ES, Yun HY, et al. Stress, social support and coping among the family members of the patients in ICU. Clin Nurs Res 2007;13:123-34.
- Mishel MH. The Measurement of uncertainty in illness. Nursing Research 1981;30:258-63.
- Mishel MH, Sorenson DS. Uncertainty in gynecological cancer: a test of the mediating functions of mastery and coping. Nursing Research 1991; 40:167-71.
- Yoo KH. A study on the relationship between mastery and activity of daily life in rheumatoid arthritis patients. Korean J Rehabil Nurs 2004;7:207-12.
- Kim HY. Structural Model for Psychosocial Adjustment in Early Breast Cancer Patients [dissertation]. Gwangju:Chonnam National Univ.;2009.