- Volume 11 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
RTiK-Linux: The Design of Real-Time implemented Kernel for Linux
RTiK-Linux: 리눅스용 실시간 이식 커널의 설계
- Received : 2011.07.07
- Accepted : 2011.09.07
- Published : 2011.09.28
According to the necessity of measuring equipments for advanced military systems, real-time characteristics such as time determinism and execution accuracy pursuing low-latencies have become very important. With this reason, the market demand for real-time features in the general purpose operating system such as Linux has been enlarging. To meet these requirements, RTLinux and RTAI has been developed as dual-kernels based on Linux. However, developers should use assembler languages to facilitate real-time in RT-Linux, it is very difficult to deal with it. RTAI has disadvantage that it only provides soft real-time. To solve these problems, RTiK-Linux was developed. In this paper, we propose a new dual-kernel with hard real-time capabilities in Linux, called RTiK-Linux(Real-Time implemented Kernel for Linux). We first introduce related researches and then describe the design methodologies to guarantee the resolution which almost accords with the timer settings. Finally, we present the results of experimental measurements and analyze them in order to validate and evaluate the proposed RTiK-Linux.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- 충남대산학협력단, "점검장비용 실시간 윈도우즈 운영체제 개발," (주)LIG 넥스원 최종보고서, 2010(10).
- 이진욱, "윈도우 기반의 점검장비에 실시간성을 지원하는 실시간 이식 커널의 설계 및 구현," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제10권, 제10호, pp.36-44, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.10.10.036
- 송대기, 장부철, 이철훈, "고신뢰성 발사통제시스템을 위한 고장허용 통신 미들웨어 설계 및 구현," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제8권, 제8호, pp.37-46, 2008. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2008.8.8.037
- 강민구, "스케줄러 선택기반의 실시간 리눅스의 성능분석," 한국인터넷정보학회논문지, 제8권, 제1호, pp.71-78, 2007.
- C. L. Liu and J. Layland, "Scheduling algorithms for multiprogramming in a hard real-time environment," Journal of the ACM, Vol.20, No.2, pp.46-61, 1973. https://doi.org/10.1145/321738.321743
- Pavel Moryc, "Task jitter measurement under RTLinux operating system," Proceeding of the IMCSIT, ISSN 1896-7094, pp.849-858, 2007.
- M. Bergsma, M. Holenderski, J. B. Reinder, and Johan J. Lukkien, "Extending RT AI/Linux with Fixed-Priority Scheduling with Deferred Preemption," OSPERT, pp.5-14, 2009.
- Carsten Emde, "Long-term monitoring of app arent latency in PREEMPT RT Linux real-time systems," OSADL, 2010.
- Intel, "Intel 64 and IA-32 Architectures Sof tware Developer's Manual Volume 1: Basic Architecture", 2009(9).
- Intel, "Intel 64 and IA-32 Architectures Soft ware Developer's Manual Vol.3: System Programming Guides," 2009(9).