- Volume 53 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Comparison of Quality Characteristics in Dry-Cured Ham at Initial Stage of Distribution
유통초기단계의 건조- 숙성햄의 품질특성 비교
- Jin, Sang-Keun (Department of Animal Resources Technology, Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Kim, Il-Suk (Department of Animal Resources Technology, Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Yang, Mi-Ra (Department of Animal Resources Technology, Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Hur, In-Chul (Department of Animal Resources Technology, Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Kim, Dae-Seung (S-Food Co. Ltd.) ;
- Kang, Suk-Nam (Department of Animal Resources Technology, Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology)
- 진상근 (경남과학기술대학교 동물소재공학과) ;
- 김일석 (경남과학기술대학교 동물소재공학과) ;
- 양미라 (경남과학기술대학교 동물소재공학과) ;
- 허인철 (경남과학기술대학교 동물소재공학과) ;
- 김대승 ((주)에스프드) ;
- 강석남 (경남과학기술대학교 동물소재공학과)
- Received : 2010.09.16
- Accepted : 2011.05.17
- Published : 2011.08.31
This study was carried out to investigate quality characteristics of dry-cured hams in the domestic market. Two kinds of dry-cured hams were processed with pork leg (T1) and pork neck (T2). Five 24-month dry-cured legs (T1, 5.3-6.1 kg) and twenty 4-month dry-cured pork necks (T2, 1.5-1.9 kg) were used in this experiment. They were stored at
Dry-cured ham;Meat qualities;Physiochemical characteristics;Fatty acid;Free amino acid;Sensory test
Supported by : 농진청, 한국연구재단
- 농촌진흥청 농촌생활연구소, 식품 성분표. 2001. 제 1편, p.192-193.
- Andres, A., Cava, R., Ventanas, J., Thovar, V. and Ruiz, J. 2004. Sensory characteristics of Iberian ham: Influence of salt content and processing conditions. Meat Sci. 68:45-51. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.meatsci.2003.08.019
- AOAC. 1995. Official method of analysis. 16th ed, Association Official Analytical Chemists, Washington, DC.
- Barbieri, G., Bolzoni, L., Parolari, G., Virgili, R., Buttini, R. and Careri, M. 1992. Flavor compounds of dry-cured ham. J. Agri. Food Chem. 40(12):2389-2394. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf00024a013
- Barbut, S., Maurer, A. J. and Lindsay, R. C. 1988. Effects of reduced sodium chloride and added phosphates on physical and sensory properties of turkey frankfurters. J. Food Sci. 53:62-66. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1988.tb10178.x
- Bartholomew, D. R. and Blumer, T. R. 1997. Ther use of commercial pediococcus cereviae starter culture in the production of Country-style hams. J. Food Sci. 42(2):494-497.
- Bosi, P., Cacciavillani, J. A., Casini, L., Lo Fiego, D. P., Marchetti, M. and Mattuzzi, S. 2000. Effects of dietary high-oleic acid sunflower oil, copper and vitamin E levels on the fatty acid composition and the quality of dry cured Parma ham. Meat Sci. 54:119-126. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0309-1740(99)00071-6
- Buscailhon, S., Gandemir, G. and Monin, G. 1994. Time related chages in intramuscular lipids of fresh dry-cured ham. Meat Sci. 37:245-255. https://doi.org/10.1016/0309-1740(94)90084-1
- Careri, M., Mangia, A., Barbieri, G., Bolzoni, L., Virgili, R. and Parolari, G. 1993. Sensory property relationships to chemial data of Italian type dry cured ham. J. Food Sci. 58:968-972. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1993.tb06090.x
- Carrapiso, A. and Garcia, C. 2005. Instrumental colour of Iberian ham subcutaneous fat and lean (biceps femoris): Influence of crossbreeding and rearing system. Meat Sci. 71:284-290. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.meatsci.2005.03.024
- Cilla, I., Martinez, L., Beltran, J. A. and Roncale, P. 2005. Factors affection acceptability of dry-cured ham throughout extended maturation under "bodega" conditions. Meat Sci. 69:789-795. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.meatsci.2004.11.012
- Chilla, I., Martinez, L., Beltran, J. A. and Roncale, P. 2006. Effect of low-temperature preservation on the quality of vacuumpackaged dry-cured ham: Refrigerated boneless ham and frozen ham cuts. Meat Sci. 73:12-21. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.meatsci.2005.10.011
- Cordoba, J. J., Antequera, T., Garcia, C., Ventanas, J., Lopez-Bote, C. and Asensio, M. A. 1994. Evolution of free amino acide and amines during ripening of Iberian cured ham. J. Agri. and Food Chem. 42:2296-2301. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf00046a040
- Dryden, F. D. and Marcgello, J. A. 1960. Influence of total lipid and fatty acid composition upon the palatability of three bovine muscle. J. Animal Sci. 31:36-41.
- Folch, J., Lees, M. and Sloane Stanley, G. H. 1957. A simple method for the isolation and purification of total lipides from animal tissues. J. Biological Chem. 226:497-509.
- Franci, O., Pugliese, C., Acciaioli, A., Bozzi, R., Campodoni, G., Lara Pianaccioli, F. and Gandini, G. 2007. Performance of Cinta Senese pigs and their crosses with Large White 2. Physical, chemical and technological traits of Tuscan dry-cured ham. Meat Sci. 76:597-603. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.meatsci.2007.01.020
- Garcia-Gonzalez, D. L., Tena, N., Aparicio-Ruiz, R. and Morales, M. T. 2008. Relationship between sensory attributes and volatile componds qualifying dry-cured hams. Meat Sci. 80:315-325. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.meatsci.2007.12.015
- Garcia-Rey, R. M., Garcia-Garrido, J. A., Quiles Zafra, R., Tapiador, J. and Luque de Castro, M. D. 2004. Characterization of defective textures in dry-cured ham by compositional and HPLC analysis of soluble substances of low-molecular weight. Food Chem. 85:617-622. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0308-8146(02)00563-0
- Geromel, E. J. and Montgomery, M. W. 1980. Lipase from lyposomes of rainbow trout muscle subjected to low temperature. J. Food Sci. 45:412. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1980.tb04063.x
- Henderson, J. W., Ricker, R. D., Bidlingmeyer, B. A. and Woodward, C. 2000. Rapid, accurate, sensitive and reproducible HPLC analysis of amino acids. Agilent Technologies. http:// www.agilent.com (assenssed on April 3, 2011).
- Hornstein, I., Growe, P. F. and Heimerg, M. J. 1967. Fatty acid composition of meat tissue lipid. J. Food Sci. 26:581-586.
- Kurihara, K. 1987. Recent progress in the taste receptor. In Umami : A basic taste. Kawamura Y. Kare MR. eds. Marcel Dekker, New York. p. 3.
- Lee, K. T., Lee, Y. K., Lee, J. P., Lee, J. W. and Son, S. K. 2007a. Physicochemical and sensory evaluation of cured and shortripened raw hams durig storage at 10 and 25?. Korean J. Food Sci. Ani. Resour. 27:16-21. https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2007.27.1.16
- Lee, K. T., Lee, Y. K., Lee, J. P., Lee, J. W., Son, S. K., Choi, S. H. and Lee, S. B. 2007b. Determination of the prevalence of pathogenic bacteria and the changes in microbiological growth pattern of cured and short-ripened raw ham during storage. Korean J. Food Sci. Ani. Resour. 27:127-131. https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2007.27.1.127
- Lorenzo, J. M., Fontan, M. C. G., Franco, I. and Carballo, J. 2008. Biochemical characteristics of dry-cured lacon (a spanish traditional meat product) throughout the manufacture, and sensorial properties of the final product. Effect of some additives. Food Control 19:1148-1158. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodcont.2007.12.005
- Marriot, N. G., Phelps, S. K., Graham, P. P. and Shaffer, C. K. 1987. Effect of inoculation on the quality of dry-cured hams. J. Food Quality 10:351-358.
- Martin, A., Ruiz, J., Nunez, F., Cordoba, J. J. and Asensio, M. A. 2000. Contribucion de la poblacion microbiana a la seguridad y calidad del jamon curado. In: J. M. Monfort, Editor, II Symposium Internacional del Jamon Curado, Estrategias Alimentarias, S.L.-Eurocarne, Madrid, p.55-64.
- Martin, D., Antequera, T., Muriel, E., Perez-Palacios, T. and Ruiz, J. 2008. Effect of dietary conjugated linoleic acid in combination with monounsaturated fatty acids on the meat composition and quality traits of dry-cured loin. Meat Sci. 80:1309-1319. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.meatsci.2008.06.006
- Molly, K., Demeyer, D., Johansson, G., Remaekers, M., Ghistelinck, M. and Geenen, I. 1997. The importance of meat enzymes in ripening and flavour generation in dry fermented sausage. First results of a European project. Meat quality as related to muscle biochemistry. Food Chem. 59:539-545. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0308-8146(97)00004-6
- Ninoles, L., Sanjuan, N., Ventanas, S. and Benodito, J. 2008. ltrasonic and sensory characterization of dry-cured ham fat from Iberian pigs with different genetics and feeding backgrounds. Meat Sci. 80:896-902. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.meatsci.2008.04.008
- Nishimura, T., Hattori, A. and Takahashi, K. 1995. Structural weakening of intramuscular connective tissue during conditioning of beef. Meat Sci. 39:127-133. https://doi.org/10.1016/0309-1740(95)80014-X
- Pearson, D. 1968. Application of chemical methods for the assessments of beef quality. J. Sci. Food Agri. 19:366-369. https://doi.org/10.1002/jsfa.2740190703
- Ruiz, J., Garcia, C., Carmen Diaz, M., Cava, R., Florencio Tejeda, J. and Ventanas, J. 1999. Dry cured Iberian ham non-volatile components as affected by the length of the curing process. Food Res.Inter. 32:643-651. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0963-9969(99)00142-8
- Ruiz-Carrascal, J., Ventanas, J., Cava, R., Andres, A. I. and Garcia, C. 2000. Texture and appearance of dry cured ham as affected by fat content and fatty acid composition. Food Res. Inter. 33: 91-95. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0963-9969(99)00153-2
- Tarladgis, B. G., Watts, B. M., Younathan, M. T. and Dugan, L. 1960. A distillation method for the quantitative determination of malonaldehyde in racid foods. J. Amer. Oil Chem. Soc. 37: 44-52. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02630824
- Toldra, F. 1998. Proteolysis and lypolisis in flavour development of dry-cured meat products. Meat Sci. 49:101-110. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0309-1740(97)00115-0
- Toscani, T., Virgili, R., Corbari, G. and Calzolari, L. 2000. Effects of different processing plants on proximate composition, proteolysis and hardness of parma ham. Industria Conserve. 75: 257-270.
- Veiga, A., Cobos, A,, Ros, C. and Diaz, O. 2003. Chemical and fatty acid composition of "Lacon gallego" (dry-cured pork foreleg): Differences between external and internal muscles. J. Food Compos. Anal. 16: 121-132. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0889-1575(02)00162-X
- Ventanas, J., Cordoba, J. J., Antequera, T., Garcia, C., Lopez-Bote, C. and Asensio, M. A. 1992. Hydrolysis and Maillard reactions during ripening of Iberian ham. J. Food Sci. 57:813-815. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1992.tb14300.x
- Vestergaard, C. S. and Parolari, G. 1999. Lipid and cholesterol oxidation products in dry-cured ham. Meat Sci. 52:397-401. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0309-1740(99)00020-0
- Virgili, R., Saccani, G., Gabba, L., Tanzi, E. and Soresi Bordini, C. 2007. Changes of free amino acids and biogenic amines during extended aging of Italian dry-cured ham. LWT-Food Sci. Technol. 40:871-878. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lwt.2006.03.024
- Wang, S. F., Smith, D. M. and Steffe, J. F. 1990. Effect of pH on the dynamic rheological properties of chicken breast salt-soluble proteins during heat-induced gelation, Poultry Sci. 69(12):2220- 2227. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0692220
- Wierbicki, E., Kunkel, L. E. and Deatherage, F. E. 1957. Changes in the water holding capacity and cationic shifts during heating and freezing and thawing of meat as revealed by a simple centrifugal method for measuring shrinkage. Food Technol. 11:69-73.
- Witte, V. C., Krause, G. F. and Bailey, M. E. 1970. New extraction method for determining 2-thiobarbituric acid values of pork and beef during storage. J. Food Sci. 35:582. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1970.tb04815.x
- Zanardi, E., Novelli, E., Ghiretti, G. P. and Chizzolini, R. 2000. Oxidative stablility of lipids and cholesterol in salame Milano, coppa and Parma ham:dietary supplementation with vitamin E and oleic acid. Meat Sci. 55:169-175. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0309-1740(99)00140-0
- 김기숙, 조수현, 이주운, 손상목, 김천제, 이근택, 최성희. 2004. 국내 육제 품 및 채소류의 아질산 잔존량. 34차 추계국제학술대회 논문집, 한국 축산식품학회. 137-141.
- 식품공전. 2008. 제5. 11. 식육 또는 알가공품 아질산이온 검사법.
- The Effects of Salting Levels and Drying Periods on Weight Loss and Nutritional Compositions of Dry-cured Ham under Controlled Ripening Condition vol.54, pp.1, 2012, https://doi.org/10.5187/JAST.2012.54.1.35