- Volume 53 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Effects of Creep Feed and Milk Replacer and Nursery Phase-feeding Programs on Pre- and Post-weaning Growth of Pigs
돼지에서 입붙이 사료와 대용유 급여 및 이유자돈 사양프로그램이 이유 전과 이유 후의 성장에 미치는 영향
- Ha, Duck-Min (Regional Animal Industry Center, Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Jang, Kyoung-Soon (Regional Animal Industry Center, Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Won, Hye-Sook (Regional Animal Industry Center, Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Ha, Seung-Ho (Pusan and Kyungnam Cooperative Swine Farms Association) ;
- Park, Man-Jong (Regional Animal Industry Center, Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Kim, Sung-Woo (Department of Animal Science, North Carolina State University) ;
- Lee, C.-Young (Regional Animal Industry Center, Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology)
- 하덕민 (경남과학기술대학교 동물생명산업센터) ;
- 장경순 (경남과학기술대학교 동물생명산업센터) ;
- 원혜숙 (경남과학기술대학교 동물생명산업센터) ;
- 하승호 (부경양돈농협) ;
- 박만종 (경남과학기술대학교 동물생명산업센터) ;
- 김성우 ;
- 이철영 (경남과학기술대학교 동물생명산업센터)
- Received : 2011.03.03
- Accepted : 2011.08.11
- Published : 2011.08.31
The present study was performed to investigate the effects of pre- and post-weaning feeding programs on growth of pigs. A total of 24 litters (avg. 10.6 piglets/litter) born from multiparous (Yorkshire
Pig;Growth;Milk replacer;Creep feed;Wean
Supported by : 태원농장
- Azain, M. J., Tomkins, T., Sowinski, J. S., Arentson, R. A. and Jewell, D. E. 1996. Effect of supplemental pig milk replacer on litter performance: seasonal variation in response. J. Anim. Sci. 74:2195-2202.
- Barnett, K. L., Kornegay, E. T., Risley, C. R, Lindemann, M. D. and Schurig, G. G. 1989. Characterization of creep feed consumption and its subsequent effects on immune response, scouring index and performance of weanling pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 67:2698-2708.
- Bruininx, E. M. A. M., Binnendijk, G. P., van der Peet-Schwering, C. M. C., Schrama, J. W., den Hartog, L. A., Everts, H. and Beynen, A. C. 2002. Effect of creep feed consumption on individual feed intake characteristics and performance ofgroup-housed weanling pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 80:1413-1418.
- Carstensen, L., Ersboll, A. K., Jesen, K. H. and Nielsen, J. P. 2005. Escherichia coli post-weaning diarrhea occurrence in piglets with monitored exposure to creep feed. Vet. Microbiol. 110:113-123. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vetmic.2005.07.011
- Cabrera, R. A., Boyd, R. D., Jungst, S. B., Wilson, E. R., Johnston, M. E., Vignes, J. L. and Odle, J. 2010. Impact of lactation length and piglet weaning weight on long-term growth and viability of progeny. J. Anim. Sci. 88:2265-2276. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas.2009-2121
- Dunshea, F. R., Kerton, D. J., Eason, P. J. and King, R. H. 1999. Supplemental skim milk before and after weaning improves growth performance of pigs. Aust. J. Agri. Res. 50:1165-1170. https://doi.org/10.1071/AR98208
- Jang, Y. D., Jang, S. K., Kim, D. H., Kim, K. H. and Kim, Y. Y. 2011. Effects of creep feeding duration on reproductive performance of sows, creep feed consumption and growth performance of neonatal pigs. Proceedings of 2011 Annual Congress of KSAST, Korea, vol. II p201.
- Kim, J. H., Heo, K. N., Odle, J., Han, I. K. and Harrell, R. J. 2001. Liquid diets accelerate the growth of early-weaned pigs and the effects are maintained to market weight. J. Anim. Sci. 79:427-434.
- King, R. H., Boyce, J. M. and Dunshea, F. R 1998. Effect of supplemental nutrients on the growth performance of suckling pigs. Aust. J. Agri. Res. 49:883-887. https://doi.org/10.1071/A97147
- Klindt, J. 2003. Influence of litter size and creep feeding on preweaning gain and influence of preweaning growth on growth to slaughter in barrows. J. Anim. Sci. 81:2434-2439.
- Kuller, W. I., Soede, N. M., van Beers-Schreurs H. M. G., Langendijk, P., Taverne, M. A. M., Verheijden, J. H. M. and Kemp, B. 2004. Intermittent suckling: effects on piglet and sow performance before and after weaning. J. Anim. Sci. 82:405-413. https://doi.org/10.2527/2004.822405x
- Kuller, W. I., Soede, N. M., van Beers-Schreurs, H. M. G., Langendijk, P., Taverne, M. A. M., Kemp, B. and Verheijden, J. H. M. 2007. Effects of intermittent suckling and creep feed intake on pig performance from birth to slaughter. J. Anim. Sci. 85:1295-1301. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas.2006-177
- Mahan, D. C. 1993. Effect of weight, split-weaning, and nursery feeding programs on performance responses of pigs to 105 kilograms body weight and subsequent effects on sow rebreeding interval. J. Anim. Sci. 71:1991-1995. https://doi.org/10.2527/1993.7181991x
- Mahan, D. C. and Lepine, A. J. 1991. Effect of pig weaning weight and associated nursery feeding programs on subsequent performance to 105 kilograms body weight. J. Anim. Sci. 69:1370-1378.
- Mahan, D. C., Cromwell, G. L., Ewan, R. C., Hamilton, C. R. and Yen, J. T. 1998. Evaluation of the feeding duration of a phase 1 nursery diet to three-week-old pigs of two weaning weights. J. Anim. Sci. 76:578-583.
- Mavromichalis, I. 2006. Creep feeding. In Applied Nutrition for Young Pigs. CAB Int., Wallingford, U.K., pp. 245-263.
- McConnell, J. C., Eargle, J. C. and Woldorf, R. C. 1987. Effects of weaning weight, co-mingling, group size and room temperature on pig performance. J. Anim. Sci. 65:1201-1206.
- NRC. 1998. Nutrient Requirements of Swine, 10th ed. National Academy Press, Washington, D.C., U.S.A.
- Pajor, E. A., Fraser, D. and Kramer, D. L. 1991. Consumption of solid food by suckling pigs: individual variation and relation to weight gain. Appl. Anim. Behav. Sci. 32:139-155. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0168-1591(05)80038-3
- RDA. 2007. Korean Feeding Standard (Swine). Rural Development Adminstration.
- Spencer, J. D., Boyd, R. D., Cabrera, R. and Allee, G. L. 2003. Early weaning to reduce tissue mobilization in lactating sows and milk supplementation to enhance pig weaning weight during extreme heat stress. J. Anim. Sci. 81:2041-2052.
- Sulabo, R. C., Jacela, J. Y., Tokach, M. D., Dritz, S. S., Goodband, R. D., DeRouchey, J. M. and Nelssen, J. L. 2010a. Effects of lactation feed intake and creep feeding on sow and piglet performance. J. Anim. Sci. 88:3145-3153. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas.2009-2131
- Sulabo, R. C., Tokach, M. D., Dritz, S. S., Goodband, R. D., DeRouchey, J. M. and Nelssen, J. L. 2010b. Effects of varying creep feeding duration on the proportion of pigs consuming creep feed and neonatal pig performance. J. Anim. Sci. 88: 3154-3162. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas.2009-2134
- USPCE. 2010. National Swine Nutrition Guide. U.S. Pork Center of Excellence, Iowa State University, Ames, IA, U.S.A.
- Wolter, B. F., Ellis, M., Corrigan, B. P. and DeDecker, J. M. 2002. The effect of birth weight and feeding of supplemental milk replacer to piglets during lactation on preweaning and postweaning growth performance and carcass characteristics. J. Anim. Sci. 80:301-308.
- Zijlstra, R. T., Whang, K.-Y., Easter, R. A. and Odle, J. 1996. Effect of feeding a milk replacer to early-weaned pigs on growth, body composition, and small intestinal morphology, compared with suckled littermates. J. Anim. Sci. 74:2948-2959. https://doi.org/10.2527/1996.74122948x
- Effects of milk replacer and starter diet provided as creep feed for suckling pigs on pre- and post-weaning growth vol.85, pp.9, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1111/asj.12246
- Effects of varying nursery phase-feeding programs on growth performance of pigs during the nursery and subsequent grow-finish phases vol.56, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1186/2055-0391-56-24