- Volume 17 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Development of Cylindrical-type Finger Force Measuring System Using Two-axis Force/Moment Sensor and its Characteristic Evaluation
2축 힘/모멘트센서를 이용한 원통형 손가락 힘측정장치 개발 및 특성평가
- Kim, Gab-Soon (Gyeongsang National University)
- 김갑순 (경상대학교 제어계측공학과)
- Received : 2010.11.04
- Accepted : 2011.04.12
- Published : 2011.05.01
Some patients can't use their hands because of inherent and acquired paralysis of their fingers. Their fingers can recover with rehabilitative training, and the extent of rehabilitation can be judged by grasping a cylindrical-object with their fingers. At present, the cylindrical-object used in hospitals is only a cylinder which cannot measure grasping force of the fingers. Therefore, doctors must judge the extent of rehabilitation by watching patients' fingers as they grasp the cylinder. A cylindrical-type finger force measuring system which can measure the grasping force of patients' fingers should be developed. This paper looks at the development of a cylindrical-type finger force measuring system with two-axis force/moment sensor which can measure grasping force. The two-axis force/moment sensor was designed and fabricated, and the high-speed force measuring device was designed and manufactured by using DSP (digital signal processing). Also, cylindrical-type finger force measuring system was developed using the developed two-axis force/moment sensor and the high-speed force measuring device, and the grasping force tests of men were performed using the developed system. The tests confirm that the average finger forces of right and left hands for men were about 186N and 172N respectively.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- J. W. Lee and K. Rim, "Measurement of finger joint angles and maximum finger forces during cylinder grip activity," Journal of biomedical Engineering, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 152-162, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1016/0141-5425(91)90062-C
- H. M. Kim, J. W. Yoon, H. S. Shin, and G. S. Kim, "Development of finger-force measuring system using three-axis force sensor for measuring two-finger force," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems(in Korean), vol. 16, no. 9, pp. 876-882, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2010.16.9.876
- S. Olandersson, H. Lundqvist, M. Bengtsson, M. Lundahl, A. J. Baerveldt, and M. Hilliges, "Finger-force measurement-device for and rehabilitation," Proc. of the 2005 IEEE 9th International Conference on Rehabilitation Robotics, Chicago, IL, USA, pp. 135-138, June 28-July 1, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICORR.2005.1501069
- K. Nagai, Y. Ito, M. Yazaki, K. Higuchi, and S. Abe, "Development of a small Six-component force/torque sensor based on the double-cross structure," Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 361-369, 2004. https://doi.org/10.7210/jrsj.22.361
- G. S. Kim and J. J. Park, "Development of the 6-axis force/moment sensor for an intelligent robot's gripper," Sensors and Actuators A, vol. 118, pp. 127-134, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sna.2004.07.013
- G. S. Kim, H. J. Shin, and J. W. Yoon, "Development of 6-axis force/moment sensor for a humanoid robot's intelligent robot," Sensors and Actuators A, vol. 141, no. 2, pp. 276-281, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sna.2007.08.011
- G. S. Kim and J. W. Yoon, "Development of calibration system for multi-axis force/moment sensor and its uncertainty evaluation," Korean Society for Precision Engineering(in Korean), vol. 24, no. 10, pp. 91-98, 2007.
- Ati Industrial Automaton, "Multi-axis forcre/torque sensor," Ati Industrial Automation, pp. 4-45, 2005.
- Bl Autotec, "BL Sensor, Multi-axis force/torque sensor (BLFTS-E020)," BL Autotec, pp. 5-50, 2003.
- Development of the Myoelectric Hand with a 2 DOF Auto Wrist Module vol.17, pp.8, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2011.17.8.824
- Design of a Four-axis Force/Moment Sensor for Measuring the Applied Force to Wrist vol.19, pp.11, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2013.13.1924
- Development of Cylindrical-object Grasping Force Measuring System with Haptic Technology for Stroke's Fingers vol.30, pp.3, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7736/KSPE.2013.30.3.300
- Design of a Three-Axis Force Sensor for Finger Force Measuring System vol.25, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5369/JSST.2016.25.2.110