- Volume 17 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Bezier Curve-Based Path Planning for Robust Waypoint Navigation of Unmanned Ground Vehicle
무인차량의 강인한 경유점 주행을 위한 베지어 곡선 기반 경로 계획
- Lee, Sang-Hoon (Korea Institute of Science and Technology) ;
- Chun, Chang-Mook (Korea Institute of Science and Technology) ;
- Kwon, Tae-Bum (Korea Institute of Science and Technology) ;
- Kang, Sung-Chul (Korea Institute of Science and Technology)
- Received : 2011.02.20
- Accepted : 2011.03.29
- Published : 2011.05.01
This paper presents a sensor fusion-based estimation of heading and a Bezier curve-based motion planning for unmanned ground vehicle. For the vehicle to drive itself autonomously and safely, it should estimate its pose with sufficient accuracy in reasonable processing time. The vehicle should also have a path planning algorithm that enables to adapt to various situations on the road, especially at intersections. First, we address a sensor fusion-based estimation of the heading of the vehicle. Based on extended Kalman filter, the algorithm estimates the heading using the GPS, IMU, and wheel encoders considering the reliability of each sensor measurement. Then, we propose a Bezier curve-based path planner that creates several number of path candidates which are described as Bezier curves with adaptive control points, and selects the best path among them that has the maximum probability of passing through waypoints or arriving at target points. Experiments under various outdoor conditions including at intersections, verify the reliability of our algorithm.
Grant : 실외 환경에 강인한 도로기반 저가형 자율주행기술 개발
- T. M. Howard and A. Kelly, "Optimal rough terrain trajectory generation for wheeled mobile robots," International Journal of Robotics Research, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 141-166, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1177/0278364906075328
- C.-W. Roh, S.-H. Kim, M.-J. Kim, S. C. Kang, and S.-K. Hong, "Development of patrol robot using DGPS and curb detection," Journal of Control, Automation, and Systems Engineering(in Korean), vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 140-146, Feb. 2007. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2007.13.2.140
- D. Ferguson, T. M. Howard, and M. Likhachev, "Motion planning in urban environments," Journal of Field Robotics, vol. 25, no. 11-12, pp. 939-960, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1002/rob.20265
- S. Thrun et. al., "Stanley: The robot that won the DARPA grand challenge," Journal of Field Robotics, vol. 23, no. 9, pp. 661-692, Sep. 2008.
- C. M. Chun, S. B. Suh, S. H. Lee, C.-W. Roh, S. C. Kang, and Y. S. Kang, "Autonomous navigation of KUVE (KIST Unmanned Vehicle Electric)," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems(in Korean), vol. 16, no. 7, pp. 617-624, July 2010. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2010.16.7.617
- K. Ohno, T. Tsubouchi, B. Shigematsu, and S. Yuta, "Differential GPS and odometry-based outdoor navigation of a mobile robot," Advanced Robotics, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 611-635, Jan. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1163/1568553041257431
- V. Malyavej and P. Torteeka, "Unmanned ground vehicle localization by dead-reckoning_GPS sensor fusion," Proc. of the IEEE Conference on ECTI-CON, pp. 508-512, May 2010.
- Y. Ren and X. Ke, "Particle filter data fusion enhancements for MEMS-IMU/GPS," Intelligent Information Management, vol. 2, no. 7, pp. 417-421, July 2010. https://doi.org/10.4236/iim.2010.27051
- S. S. Ge and Y. J. Cui, "Dynamic motion planning for mobile robots using potential field method," Journal of Autonomous Robots, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 207-222, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1020564024509
- J. Borenstein and Y. Koren, "The vector field histogram-fast obstacle avoidance for mobile robots," IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 278-288, June 1991. https://doi.org/10.1109/70.88137
- D. Fox, W. Burgard, and S. Thrun, "The dynamic window approach to collision avoidance," IEEE Robotics and Automation, vol. 4, no. 1, Apr. 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/100.580977
- P. E. Hart, N. J. Nilsson, and B. Raphael, "A formal basis for the heuristic determination of minimum cost paths," IEEE Trans. Syst. Science and Cybernetics, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 100-107, July 1968. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSSC.1968.300136
- L. Han, H. Yashiro, H. Tehrani, H. T. N. Nejad, Q. H. Do, and S. Mita, "Bezier curve based path planning for autonomous vehicle in urban environment," IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, pp. 1036-1042, June 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/IVS.2010.5548085
- H. J. Woo, S. K. Jung, B. G. Cho, and J. H. Kim, "Research of navigation algorithm for unmanned ground vehicle based on Real Time Kinematic(RTK)-GPS," KSAE Annual Conference, pp. 972-976, Apr. 2009.
- J. Choi, R. E. Curry, and G. H. Elkaim, "Continuous curvature path generation based on bezier curves for autonomous vehicles," IAENG International Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 40, no. 2, May 2010.
- Y. Li and J. Xiao, "On-line planning of nonholonomic trajectories in crowded and geometrically unknown environments," IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Kobe, pp. 3230-3236, May 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/ROBOT.2009.5152782