- Volume 17 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Development of Unmanned Remote Monitoring System for MW Class Wind Turbines
대형 풍력터빈을 위한 무인 원격감시시스템 개발
- Park, Joon-Young (Korea Electric Power Corporation) ;
- Kim, Beom-Joo (Korea Electric Power Corporation) ;
- Lee, Jae-Kyung (Korea Electric Power Corporation)
- Received : 2011.02.20
- Accepted : 2011.03.29
- Published : 2011.05.01
The scale of wind turbines has continuously increased over the last decade. Especially, the rapid growth of the rotor diameter has brought about the increase of the tower height and the load on the rotor blade, as can be seen in the case of a 5MW class wind turbine with 126m rotor diameter. This trend means the increasing possibility of system failure. In addition to that, it is impossible for human operators to stay and manage all the turbines in the case of a large-scale wind farm. For these reasons, the operation and maintenance technology is getting more importance. In this paper, we present an unmanned remote monitoring system for MW class wind turbines and its application to YeungHeung wind test bed.
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP)
- C. C. Ciang, J.-R. Lee, and H.-J. Bang, "Structural health monitoring for a wind turbine: a review of damage detection methods," Measurement Science and Technology, vol. 19, no. 12, pp. 1-20, Oct. 2008.
- J. Ribrant, Reliability performance and maintenance - A survey of failures in wind power systems, Master Thesis, KTH School of Electrical Engineering, 2006.
- R. W. Hyers, et al., "Condition monitoring and prognosis of utility scale wind turbines," Energy Materials, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 187-203, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1179/174892406X163397
- C. J. Crabtree, "Survey of commercially available condition monitoring systems for wind turbines," Durham University, May 2010.
- US Department of Energy, Energy efficiency and renewable energy: 'Wind power today: federal wind program highlights', DOE/GO-102005-2115, Apr. 2005.
- GL, Guideline for the certification of condition monitoring systems for wind turbines, Germanischer Lloyd, Hamburg, May 2007.
- C. Jakobsen, et al., "IMIA-Insurance of wind turbines," Danish Insurance Association, IMIA-WGP5(99)E, July 1999.
- C. McGowin, "Condition monitoring of wind turbines," EPRI Technical Report, Mar. 2006.
- FBG sensor system for condition monitoring of wind turbine blades vol.27, pp.8, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5207/JIEIE.2013.27.8.075
- Performance Analysis of the Powerline Communication for Condition Monitoring System of an MW Class Offshore Wind Turbine’s Nacelle vol.40, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5394/KINPR.2016.40.3.159