- Volume 17 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Extraction of Corresponding Points of Stereo Images Based on Dynamic Programming
동적계획법 기반의 스테레오영상의 대응점 탐색
- Received : 2011.02.20
- Accepted : 2011.03.29
- Published : 2011.05.01
This paper proposes an algorithm capable of extracting corresponding points between a pair of stereo images based on dynamic programming. The purpose of extracting the corresponding points is to provide the stereo disparity data to a road-slope estimation algorithm with high accuracy and in real-time. As the road-slope estimation algorithm does not require dense disparity data, the proposed stereo matching algorithm aims at extracting corresponding points accurately and quickly. In order to realize this contradictory goal, this paper exploits dynamic programming, and minimizes matching candidates using vertical components of color edges. Furthermore, the typical occlusion problem in stereo vision is solved. The proposed algorithm is proven to be effective through experiments with various images captured on the roads.
Supported by : 전남대학교
- D. Scharstein and R. Szeliski, "A taxonomy and evaluation of dense two-frame stereo correspondence algorithm," International Journal of Computer Vision, vol. 47, no. 1-3, pp. 7-42, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1014573219977
- M. Z. Brown, D. Burschka, and G. D. Hager, "Advances in computational stereo," IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 25, no. 8, pp. 993-1008, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.2003.1217603
- A. Seki and M. Okutomi, "Robust obstacle detection in general road environment based on road extraction and pose estimation," Electronics and Communications in Japan, Part 2, vol. 90, no. 12, pp. 12-22, 2007.
- S. Forstmann, Y. Kanou, J. Ohya, S. Thuering, and A. Schmitt, "Real-time stereo by using dynamic programming," CVPR, pp. 29-36, 2004.
- S. Nedevschi and R. Schmidt, "High accuracy stereo vision system for far distance obstacle detection," IEEE Intelligent Vehicle Symposium, pp. 292-297, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/IVS.2004.1336397
- K.Y. Lee and J. W, Lee, "Detection of road obstacles using a dynamic programming for remapped stereo images to a topview," IEEE Intelligent Vehicle Symposium, pp. 764-769, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/IVS.2005.1505197
- Y. Ohta and T. Kanade, "Stereo by intra- and inter-scanline search using dynamic programming," IEEE Trans. Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. PAMI-7, no. 2, pp. 139-154, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.1985.4767639
- F. S. Hillier, Introduction to Operations Research, 8Ed., McGraw-Hill, 2006.
- O. Faugeras, Three-dimensional computer vision - a geometric viewpoint, The MIT Press, 1993.
- R. G. Gonzalez and R. E. Woods, Digital Image Processing, Addison-Wesley, 1992.
- E. Trucco and A. Verri, Introductory Techniques for 3-D Computer Vision, Prentice Hall, 1998.
- S. Birchfield and C. Tomasi, Depth Discontinuities by Pixel-to- Pixel Stereo," Proc. of IEEE ICCV, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICCV.1998.710850
- S. Gehrig and U. Franke, "Improving stereo sub-pixel accuracy for long range stereo," in Proc. IEEE 11th, ICCV, pp. 1-7, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICCV.2007.4409212
- http://opencv.willowgarage.com/wiki/ : OpenCV library
- Stereo vision enabling fast estimation of free space on traffic roads for autonomous navigation vol.16, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12239-015-0012-7