- Volume 17 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Development of Real-Time Control Software for Autonomous Mobile Robot
자율 주행 로봇의 실시간 제어 소프트웨어의 개발
- Lee, Jong-Hyuk (Chungnam National University) ;
- Jo, Eu-Teum (Chungnam National University) ;
- Jeong, Hyeon-A (Chungnam National University) ;
- Kim, Hyung-Shin (Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2010.12.07
- Accepted : 2011.02.07
- Published : 2011.04.01
In this paper, we introduce software development process for autonomous mobile robot with LEGO RCX. The software is designed from course analysis and a series of software design processes are applied for the development. Various control methods are devised to identify robot's location and to optimize the running strategy. To assure realtime property and reliability of the software, we adopted software engineering processes during the development. In this paper, we report the detailed software design processes and the implementation result that we have experienced with our practical LEGO robot platform.
real-time robot control;LEGO;autonomous mobile robot;software engineering
Grant : 실시간 공중자료획득시스템 개발
- Mario A. Garcia1and H. Patterson-McNeill, "Learn how to develop software using the toy Lego Mindstorms," Proc. of ACM ITiCSE, Aarhus, Denmark, pp. 239-239, Jun. 2002.
- U. Wolz, "Teaching design and project management with Lego RCX Robots," Proc. of SIGCSE Conferences, Charlotte, NC USA, pp. 95-99, Feb. 2001.
- H. Goh and B. Aris, "Using robotics in education: Lessons learned and learning experiences," 1st International Malaysian Educational Technology Convention, Johor Bahru, Malaysia, pp. 1156-1163, Sep. 2007.
- S. H. Lee, "An application of LEGO mindstorms to compiler course," Korean Journal of Programming Language(in Korean), vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 63-76, 2002.
- Y. D. Yoo, S. A. Jang, J. G. Yang, J. H. Park, and J. H. Bae , "An Implementation of a multi8-robot system using educational mini-robots," Proc. of Korean Computer Conference(in Korean), vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 387-390, 2008.
- NCER, Botball, http://botball.org
- JASA, ET Robocon, http://etrobo.jp
- H. Tominagaa, Y. Onishia, T. Hayashib, and T. Yamasakia, "LEGO robot programming exercise support for problem solving learning with game strategy planning tools," The First IEEE International Workshop on Digital Game and Intelligent Toy Enhanced Learning, Jhongli, China, pp. 81-88, Mar. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/DIGITEL.2007.32
- LEGO Company, Mindstorms http://mindstorms.lego.com/
- BrickOS, http://brickos.sourceforge.net
- J. J. Park and C. H. Chun, "Position identification and driving system for mobile robot using USN and LEGO Mindstroms NXT," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems(in Korean), vol. 16, no. 3, Mar. 2010.