- Volume 11 Issue 6
River bed change due to various factors in watershed and/or river environment would one of the most important issues in river management. To judge whether the river bed was aggrading or degrading, normally we use the change in thalweg or average bed, calculated using the design flood of the river. The present study is to figure out the problems of the existing methods and to propose a new concept of average river bed using annual maximum flood. To evaluate the new method, it was applied to the Nakdong River. We use the river bed data surveyed in 1983, 1993, and 2005. The results showed that there were no significant river bed change during 1983 and 1993, while the river bed was degraded significantly during 1993 and 2005. In the latter period, the river had severe degradations, 2~3 m in average sense and 5 m for the maximum in the middle reach(120~200 km from river mouth), and 1~2 m in average in the upper reach(200~240 km from river mouth). For the upstream reach of the confluence of the Naesung River(about 240 km from river mouth), most of the river bed change seemed to be only local phenomena. The main cause of the river bed change in the Nakdong River seems to be massive gravel mining in the middle reach of the river.
River Bed Change;Average River Bed;Thalweg
- 건설교통부, 낙동강 하천정비보고서, 1983a.
- 건설교통부, 낙동강(황강)하천정비기본계획, 1983b.
- 건설교통부, 낙동강 하천정비보고서, 1993.
- 건설교통부, 황강, 사천강 하천정비기본계획, 1992.
- 건설교통부, 황강하천정비기본계획(보완), 2007.
- 국토해양부, 낙동강 수계 하천기본계획[변경] [낙동강: 국가하천기점-금호강 합류점] 보고서, 2009a.
- 국토해양부, 낙동강 수계 하천기본계획[변경] [낙동강: 금호강 합류점-하구] , 밀양강, 양산천, 보고서, 2009b.
- 한국수자원학회, 하천설계기준해설, 2005.
- 建設省, 河川砂防施設基準(案)同解說調査編, 山海堂, 2007.(일본어)
- 国土技術硏究センタ一, 河道計劃檢討の手引き, 山海堂, 2002.(일본어)
- 国土技術硏究センタ一, 護岸の力学設計法, 山海堂, 2005.(일본어)
- US Army Corps of Engineers, HEC-RAS, River Analysis System, User's Manual, Version 4.0, 2008.
- Natural and Artificial Bed Change Analysis through Sediment Budget Analysis of Nakdong River Channel (before the Four Rivers Restoration Project) vol.48, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2015.48.1.1