- Volume 11 Issue 6
Recent advances in computer technologies support real-time image processing and special effects on personal computers. This paper presents and analyzes a real-time interactive video system. The motivation of this work is to realize an artistic concept that aims at transforming the timeline visual variations in a video of sea water waves into sound in order to provide an audience with an experience of overlapping themselves onto the nature. In practice, the video of sea water waves taken on a beach is processed using an optical flow algorithm in order to extract the information of visual variations between the video frames. This is then masked by the silhouette of an audience and the result is projected on a gallery space. The intensity information is extracted from the resulting video and translated into piano sounds accordingly. This work generates an interactive space realizing the intended concept.
- C. Paul, Digital Art, 2nd ed., Thames & Hudson, 2008.
- D. Marr, Vision, W.H. Freeman and Company, 1982.
- 최유주, "데스크탑 환경에서의 3차원 상호작용을 위한 비전기반 인터랙션 도구의 설계", 정보처리학회 논문지 B, 제15-B권, 제5호, 2008. https://doi.org/10.3745/KIPSTB.2008.15-B.4.421
- S. Wilson, Information Arts, pp.730-732, The MIT Press, 2002.
- 신민진, "미디어 퍼포먼스를 위한 실시간 영상 표현에 관한 연구", 동서대학교 석사논문, 2009.
- 정세원, "Max/MSP&Jitter에서의 비디오 트랙킹을 이용한 인터렉티브 뮤직" , 부산대학교 석사논문, 2009.
- C. Cherrett, "Making Training More Cognitively Effective: Making Video Interactive," British Journal of Educational Technology, Vol.40, No.6, pp.1124-1134, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8535.2009.00985.x
- H. Mushkin and S. Barnet, "Mario's Furniture: A Wireless Interactive Video Installation and Game," Leonardo, Vol.41, No.3, pp.306-307, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1162/leon.2008.41.3.306
- http://homepage.mac.com/davidrokeby/ mirrors.html
- http://www.lozano-hemmer.com/ body_movies.php