- Volume 11 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Suggestion and Evaluation on Information Services in Viewpoint of Visualization Attributes
시각화 속성을 고려한 정보 서비스 평가 및 제안
- Received : 2011.03.17
- Accepted : 2011.05.12
- Published : 2011.05.28
While lots of information service providers utilize the information visualization to deliver information clearly and efficiently, the misuse of information visualization can occur many problems. We evaluated and analyzed visualization elements mainly applied to the representative information services. To find out the relation between attributes of visualization elements and efficiency of information service, we had analyzed attributes of target elements before we have evaluated. Through this study we revealed that Information visualization on information service has to be applied with considering the characteristics of information and each visualization element, and its elements can be optimized and support users to obtain intuitive insight when they are complementally combined and offer sufficient attributes additionally. We expect that the result of this study will be a guide for utilizing information visualization and developing visualization elements.
Information Visualization;Visualization Attributes;Authoratory;BiomedExperts;ResearchGate;Academic Search
- S. Card, J. Mackinlay, and B. Shneiderman, Readings in Information Visualization : Using Vision to Think, Morgan Kaufmann, 1999.
- M. Williams, "Diversity, Thinking styles, and Infographics," Proc. of 12th International Conference of Women in Engineering, Science and Technology, 2001.
- D. Gordin and R. Pea, "Prospects for Scientific Visualization as an Educational Technology," J. of Learning Sciences, Vol.4, No.3, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15327809jls0403_1
- K. Daniel, M, Florian, and T, Jim, "Visual Analytics: how much visualization and how much analytics?," J. of SIGKDD Explorations, Vol.11, No.2, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1145/1809400.1809403
- J. James and A. Kristin, "Illuminating the Path: The R&D Agenda for Visual Analytics," J. of IEEE Computer Society, 2005.
- A. Marcus, "Metaphor Design in User Interfaces," J. of SIGDOC Computer Documentation, Vol.22, No.2, 1998.
- K. Mane and J. Mostafa, "Exploring the Impact of Information Visualization on Medical Information Seeking Using the Web," Proc. HCI international, 2005.
- M. Thomas and H. Reiterer, "Evaluation of Different Visualizations of Web Search Results," Proc. of 11th International Workshop on Database and Expert Systems Applications, 2000.
- T. Zuk, S, Lothar, N, Petra, H, Mark, and C, Sheelagh, "Heuristic for information Visualization Evaluation", Proc. of the 2006 AVI workshop on BEyond time and errors: novel evaLuation methods for Information Visualization, 2006.
- J. Corbin, Basics of qualitative research: Techniques and procedures for developing grounded theory, Sage Publications, 2007.
- G. Ellis and A. Dix, "An Explorative Analysis of User Evaluation Studies in Information Visualisation," Proc. of the 2006 AVI workshop on BEyond time and errors: novel evaLuation methods for Information Visualization, 2006.
- H. Lam, E. Bertini, P. Isenberg, C. Plaisnt, and S. Carpendale, "Seven Guiding Scenarios for Information Visualization Evaluation," in the Technical Reports of Univresity of Calgary #992-04, 2011.
- J. Yi, Y. Kang, J. Stasko, and J. Jacko, "Understanding and Characterizing Insights: how do people gain insights using information visualization?," Proc. of the 2008 conference on BEyond time and errors : novel evaLuation methods for Information Visualization, 2008.