- Volume 11 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Structural Relations among Perceived Justice of Service Recovery, Customer's Emotion and Satisfaction : Focusing on Airline Complaint Customers
서비스회복 공정성지각, 고객의 감정반응 및 회복만족 간의 구조적 관계 : 항공사 불평고객을 대상으로
- Received : 2011.01.11
- Accepted : 2011.04.19
- Published : 2011.05.28
The objective of this study was to explain structural relations among perceived justice of service recovery, customer's emotion and satisfaction in the airline service sector. For this purpose, using a sample of 272 airline service customers who experienced complaints with airline service, we investigate the effects of the dimensions of perceived justice on the emotions triggered by service recovery. In this study, 4 hypotheses based on literature reviews were employed. The data and hypotheses were examined using Structural Equation Modeling(SEM) by AMOS. The main findings are as follows. Firstly, procedural justice has an effect on both positive and negative emotions. Secondly, both interaction justice and distributive justice have effects on positive emotion but not on negative emotion. Lastly, only positive emotion has influence on recovery satisfaction.
- J. Ha and S. Jang, "Perceived justice in service recovery and behavioral intentions: The role of relationship quality," International Journal of Hospitality Management, Vol.28, pp.319-327, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhm.2008.12.001
- Y. W. Chang and Y. H. Chang, "Does service recovery affect satisfaction and customer loyalty? An empirical study of airline services," Journal of Air Transport Management, Vol.16, pp.340-342, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jairtraman.2010.05.001
- J. R. McColl-Kennedy and B, A, Sparks, "Application of fairness theory to service failures and service recovery," Journal of Service Research, Vol.5, No.3, pp.251-266, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1177/1094670502238918
- J. Chebat and W. Slusarcyk, "How emotions mediate the effect of perceived justice on loyalty in service recovery situations: An empirical study," Journal of business research, Vol.58, No.5, pp.664-673, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2003.09.005
- K. Schoefer and C. Ennew, "The impact of perceived justice on consumer emotional responses to service complaints experiences," Journal of Services Marketing, Vol.19, No.5, pp.261-270, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1108/08876040510609880
- 안성근, "호텔 레스토랑 서비스 인카운터에서 서비스회복 공정성지각이 고객감정을 통한 고객태도에 미치는 영향 연구", 경기대학교 대학원 박사학위논문, 2008.
- C. Gronoos. "Service quality: the six criteria of good perceived service quality," Review of Business, Vol.9, pp.10-30, 1988.
- R. Zemke, The art of service recovery: fixing broken customers and keeping them on your side. the service quality handbook, American Management Association, 1993.
- J. S. Adams, Inequity in Social Exchange in Advances in Experimental Social Psychology, 2nd ed. Academic Press, 1965.
- A. S. Mattila, "The effectiveness of service recovery in a multi-industry setting," Journal of Service Marketing, Vol.15, No.7, pp.583-596, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1108/08876040110407509
- J. R. McColl-Kennedy and B. A. Sparks, "Application of fairness theory to service failures and service recovery," Journal of Service Research, Vol.5, No.3, pp.251-266, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1177/1094670502238918
- A. Mehrabian and J. A. Russell, An approach to Environmental Psychology. Cambridge MA: The MIT Press, 1974.
- D. Watson, L. A. Clark, and A. Tellegen, "Toward a consensual structure of mood," Psychological Bulletin, Vol.98, pp.219-235, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.98.2.219
- M. L, Richins, "Measuring Emotions in the consumption experience," Journal of Consumer Research. Vol.24, No.2, pp.127-146, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1086/209499
- 서용원, 손영화, "한국인의 소비 정서 항목 개발을 위한 탐색적 연구", 한국심리학회지, 제5권, 제1호, pp.69-92, 2004.
- 이학식, 임지훈, "소비관련 감정척도의 개발", 마케팅연구, 제17권, 제3호, pp.55-91, 2002.
- R. A. Westbrook, "Product/Consumption-Based Affective Response and Repurchase Processes," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.14, pp.258-270, 1987.
- M. P. Gardner, "Mood states and consumer behavior- A critical review," Journal of Consumer Research, Vol.12, pp.281-300, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1086/208516
- 이재곤, 고선희, "서비스회복이 항공사 고객의 감정반응과 행동의도에 미치는 영향", 관광연구, 제25권, 제5호, pp.21-39, 2010.
- R. A. Oliver, "Response determinants in satisfaction judgments," Journal of Consumer Research, Vol.14, pp.495-507, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1086/209131
- 구자혁, 김영화, "외식업의 서비스 회복 공정성이 회복 만족, 서비스 가치 및 충성도에 미치는 영향", 관광연구, 제20권, 제1호, pp.156-174, 2005.
- 김은희, "서비스실패에 대한 회복노력의 효과에 관한 연구: 항공서비스를 대상으로", 경기대학교 서비스경영전문대학원 석사학위논문, 2008.
- 이준재, 안성근, "호텔레스토랑 서비스 회복 공정성지각이 고객감정과 행동의도의 영향관계 연구", 외식경영학회, 제13권, 제1호, pp.129-150, 2010.
- A. B. D. Rio-Lanza, R. Vazquez-Casielles and A. M. Diaz-Martin, "Satisfaction with service recovery: Perceived justice and emotional responses," Journal of Business Research, Vol.62, pp.775-781, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2008.09.015
- R. A. Westbrook and R. L. Oliver, "The Dimensionality of Consumption Emotion Patterns and Consumer Satisfaction," Journal of Consumer Research, Vol.24, pp.258-270, 1991.
- 이형룡, 김영화, "외식업의 서비스 실패에 대한 회복 고객의 감정반응 및 구매의도에 미치는 영향", 호텔경영학연구, 제14권, 제2호, pp.293-314, 2005.
- J. E. Jr. Hair, R. E. Anderson, R. L. Tatham and W. C. Black, Multi variate Data Analysis, Fifth Edition.: Prentice-Hall International. Inc, 1998.
- R. P. Bagozzi and Y. Yi, "On the evaluation of structural equation models," Journal of the Academy of Marking Science, Vol.16, pp.74-94, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02723327
- C. Fornell and D. F. Larcker, "Evaluating structural equation models with unobservable variables and measurement error," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.18, pp.39-50, 1981. https://doi.org/10.2307/3151312