- Volume 11 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Differences of Cancer Patient's Health Care Utilizations between Medical Aid Program and National Health Insurance in the Elderly
노인 암환자의 건강보험과 의료급여 이용차이 분석
- 이용재 (호서대학교 사회복지학과)
- Received : 2011.01.11
- Accepted : 2011.03.30
- Published : 2011.05.28
This study to analyze differences of cancer patient's health utilizations in medical aid program and national health insurance by analysing health insurance claims data, and identify effects of health care systems. The majors results of the research were as follows. First, cancer patients in medical aid program more used total medical expenditures than in national health insurance mostly by many outpatient visits and long term hospitalization. Second, results of multiple regression, cancer patients in medical aid program more used total expenditures and inpatient expenditures. But, outpatient expenditures weren't different, cancer patients in medical aid program more visited medical institutions and hospitalized long term periods than in national health insurance. Therefore, it is too early to conclude that moral hazard is in health utilizations of medical aid program, because cancer patients in medical aid program many use in benefits for many nonbenefit burdens.
Supported by : 호서대학교
- 보건복지가족부, "의료급여 본인부담제 실시로 저소득층 의료과소비 줄었다", 보도자료, 2008.
- 보건복지부, "소액본인부담제, 선택병의원제 도입 관련 통계자료 정정", 2006.
- David M. Cutler and Richard J. Zeckhauser, The Anatomy of health insurance in Handbook of health economics edited by Anthony J. Culyer and Joseph p. Newhouse, pp.563-643, 2002.
- H. Stockwell and E. Vayda, "Varations in surgery in Ontario," Medical Care, Vol.17, No.4, pp.390-396, 1979. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005650-197904000-00007
- J. E. Wennberg and A. Gittelsohn, "Variation in medical care among small areas," Scientific American246, pp.120-128, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1038/scientificamerican0482-120
- 신의균, "지역간 의료이용의 차이와 요인에 관한 연구". 경희대박사논문, 2005.
- 이용재, "지역간 건강보험이용의 형평성과 요인에 관한 연구", 중앙대박사논문, 2006.
- N. P. Roos, L. L. Roos, and P. D. Henteleff, "Elective surgical rates-do high rates mean lower standards?; tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy in Manitoba," Journal of Med297(7), pp.360-365, 1977.
- J. M. Eisenberg and D. Nicklin, "Use fo diagnostic service by physicians in community practice," Medical care, Vol.19, No.3, pp.297-309, 1981. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005650-198103000-00005
- F. A. Connell, L. A. Blide, M. A. Hanken, "Clinical correlates of small area variation on population-based admission rates for diabetes," Medical Care, Vol.22, No.10, pp.939-949, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005650-198410000-00006
- N. P. Roos, "Predicting hospital utilization by the elderly: the importance of patient, physician, and hospital characteristics," medical Care, Vol.27, No.10, pp.905-919, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005650-198910000-00001
- E. Vayda, J. M. Barsley, W. R. Mindell, and B. Cardillo, "Five-year study of surgical rates in Ontario's conuties," Canadian Medical Association Journal131, pp.111-115, 1984.
- B. G. Druss, R. A. Rosenheck, "Assocaiation between use of unconventional therapies and conventional medical services," JAMA, Vol.282, No.7, pp.651-656, 1999.
- 김세라, "의료보험 및 의료보호 입원환자간의 의료이용 비교분석", 연세대박사논문, 1999.
- 신영석, 최병호, 신현웅, 황도경, 윤석준, 의료급여 환자 의료지출 실태 및 급여개선 방안, 보건복지부.한국보건사회연구원, 2005.
- The Effects of Health Coverage Schemes on Length of Stay and Preventable Hospitalization in Seoul vol.15, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph15040772