- Volume 11 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Reliability and Validity of the Korean Version of the Fear of Daily Activities Questionnaire for Patients with Low Back Pain
허리통증 환자의 한국판 일상동작 공포설문지의 신뢰도와 타당도
- Received : 2011.01.20
- Accepted : 2011.03.08
- Published : 2011.05.28
The purpose of this study was to test the reliability and validity of the Korean version of the fear of daily activities questionnaire (FDAQ) for low back pain patients. Seventy-three subjects with low back pain were participated in this study. The subjects completed ten standardized self-administered questionnaires that measure fear of specific daily activities. The reliability of the acquired data was determined by the intra-class correlation coefficient (ICC) and the Cronbach's
Low Back Pain;Fear of Daily Activities;Reliability;Validity
- M. Krismerand and M. van Tulder, "Low back pain (non-specific)," Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol, Vol.21, No.1, pp.77-91, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.berh.2006.08.004
- G. Waddell and A. K. Burton, "Concepts of rehabilitation for the management of low back pain," Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol, Vol.19, No.4, pp.655-670, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.berh.2005.03.008
- D. M. Roffey, E. K. Wai, P. Bishop, B. K. Kwon, and S. Dagenais, "Causal assessment of occupational pushing or pulling and low back pain: results of a systematic review," Spine J, Vol.10, No.6, pp.544-553, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.spinee.2010.03.025
- C. Demoulin, R. Ostelo, J. A. Knottnerus, and R. J. Smeets, "Quebec Back Pain Disability Scale was responsive and showed reasonable interpretability after a multidisciplinary treatment," J Clin Epidemiol, Vol.63, No.11, pp.1249-1255, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclinepi.2009.08.029
- M. Kim, M. R. Guilfoyle, H. M. Seeley, and R. J. Laing, "A modified Roland-Morris disability scale for the assessment of sciatica," Acta Neurochir (Wien), Vol.152, No.9, pp.1549-1553, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00701-010-0679-5
- M. Roland and J. Fairbank, "The Roland-Morris Disability Questionnaire and the Oswestry Disability Questionnaire," Spine (Phila Pa 1976), Vol.25, No.24, pp.3115-3124, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1097/00007632-200012150-00006
- G. J. Asmundson, G. R. Norton, and M. D. Allerdings, "Fear and avoidance in dysfunctional chronic back pain patients," Pain, Vol.69, No.3, pp.231-236, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0304-3959(96)03288-5
- K. Boersma, S. Linton, T. Overmeer, M. Jansson, J. Vlaeyen, and J. de Jong, "Lowering fear-avoidance and enhancing function through exposure in vivo. A multiple baseline study across six patients with back pain," Pain, Vol.108, No.1-2, pp.8-16, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pain.2003.03.001
- M. Pfingsten, "Fear avoidance beliefs in patients with back pain. Psychometric properties of the German version of the FABQ," Schmerz, Vol.18, No.1, pp.17-27, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00482-003-0244-8
- S. Z. George, C. Valencia, G. Jr. Zeppieri, and M. E. Robinson, "Development of a self-report measure of fearful activities for patients with low back pain: the fear of daily activities questionnaire," Phys Ther, Vol.89, No.9, pp.969-979, 2009. https://doi.org/10.2522/ptj.20090032
- D. E. Beaton, C. Bombardier, F. Guillemin, and M. B. Ferraz, "Guidelines for the process of cross-cultural adaptation of self-report measures," Spine (Phila Pa 1976), Vol.25, No.24, pp.3186-3191, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1097/00007632-200012150-00014
- M. P. Jensen, J. A. Turner, J. M. Romano, and L. D. Fisher, "Comparative reliability and validity of chronic pain intensity measures," Pain, Vol.83, No.2, pp.157-162, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0304-3959(99)00101-3
- J. C. Fairbank, J. Couper, J. B. Davies, and J. P. O'Brien, "The Oswestry low back pain disability questionnaire," Physiotherapy, Vol.66, No.8, pp.271-273, 1980.
- D. Y. Kim, S. H. Lee, H. Y. Lee, H. J. Lee, S. B. Chang, S. K. Chung, and H. J. Kim, "Validation of the Korean version of the oswestry disability index," Spine (Phila Pa 1976), Vol.30, No.5, pp.123-127, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.brs.0000157172.00635.3a
- F. Guillemin, C. Bombardier, and D. Beaton, "Cross-cultural adaptation of health-related quality of life measures: literature review and proposed guidelines," J Clin Epidemiol, Vol.46, No.12, pp.1417-1432, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1016/0895-4356(93)90142-N
- G. Georgoudis, G. Papathanasiou, P. Spiropoulos, and K. Katsoulakis, "Cognitive assessment of musculoskeletal pain with a newly validated Greek version of the Fear-Avoidance Beliefs Questionnaire (FABQ)," Eur J Pain, Vol.11, No.3, pp.341-351, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejpain.2006.05.001
- B. Prince, L. Makrides, and J. Richman, "Research methodology and applied statistics. Part 2: the literature search," Physiother Can, Vol.32, No.4, pp.201-206, 1980.
- J. E. Ware, "Measuring patients' views: the optimum outcome measure," BMJ, Vol.306, No.6890, pp.1429-1430, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.306.6890.1429
- J. M. Binkley, P. W. Stratford, S. A. Lott, and D. L. Riddle, "The Lower Extremity Functional Scale (LEFS): scale development, measurement properties, and clinical application. North American Orthopaedic Rehabilitation Research Network," Phys Ther, Vol.79, No.4, pp.371-383, 1999.
- A. Osman, C. L. Bagge, S. Freedenthal, P. M. Gutierrez, and A. Emmerich, "Development and Evaluation of the Social Anxiety and Depression Life Interference-24 (SADLI-24) Inventory," J Clin Psychol, Vol.67, No.1, pp.82-98, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1002/jclp.20728
- J. Fermanian, "Measuring agreement between 2 observers: a quantitative case," Rev Epidemiol Sante Publique, Vol.32, No.6, pp.408-413, 1984.
- N. Korkmaz, A. Akinci, S. Yorukan, H. S. Surucu, O. Saracbasi, and L. Ozcakar, "Validation and reliability of the Turkish version of the fear avoidance beliefs questionnaire in patients with low back pain," Eur J Phys Rehabil Med, Vol.45, No.4, pp.527-535, 2009.
- C. H. Wang, I. P. Hsueh, C. F. Sheu, G. Yao, and C. L. Hsieh, "Psychometric properties of 2 simplified 3-level balance scales used for patients with stroke," Phys Ther, Vol.84, No.5, pp.430-438, 2004.