- Volume 47 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Enhancing social awareness of biodegradable fishing gears through technology marketing
생분해성 어구의 기술마케팅을 통한 사회적 인지도 제고 방안에 관한 연구
- Received : 2011.03.08
- Accepted : 2011.05.17
- Published : 2011.05.31
The main purpose of this study is to understand the marketing approaches and strategies that are used to disseminating biodegradable fishing gears and distinguish the cognition and the non-cognition group's attitudes on the product. We used a technology acceptance model for analyzing product attributes and its impacts on fishers' purchase. The result of this research shows that 'perceived usefulness and easiness of use' have positive effect on 'purchase intention,' and then give impacts on 'purchase intention' for the entire respondents. For the cognitive respondents these factors have influence on 'attitude' but they do not affect 'purchase decision.' However, 'perceived usefulness and easiness of use' have much positive impact on 'purchase intention.' In the non-cognition group, the 'perceived intention' and 'company and country of manufacturers' have direct positive effect on 'purchase intention' through 'attitude' and also 'on 'purchase intention.' This research provides some meaningful policy implications on further development and technology marketing of biodegradable fishing gears.
Biodegradable fishing net;Technology marketing;Purchase intention and cognitive intention
- Allport, G.W., 1935. Attitudes. Clark University Press, pp. 1-15.
- Assael, H., P. Nigel, B. Linda and V. Kevin, 2007. Consumer behaviour: a strategic approach. John Wiley & Sons, pp. 1-673.
- Davis, F.D., 1986. A technology acceptance model for empirically testing new end-user information systems: Theory and results. Doctoral dissertation, Sloan School of Management, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 7-14.
- Davis, F.D., R.P. Bagozzi and P.R. Warshaw, 1989. User acceptance of computer technology: A comparison of two theoretical models. Management Science, 35(8), 982-1003. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.35.8.982
- Dhebar, A., 1996. Speeding high-tech procedure, meet the balking consumer. Sloan Management Review, 37 (2), 37-49
- European Commission, 2003, Third european report on science & technology indicators. pp. 1-2.
- Fishbein, M., 1963. An investigation of the relationships between beliefs about an object and the attitude toward that object. Human Relations, 16, 233-249. https://doi.org/10.1177/001872676301600302
- Fishbein, M, and I. Ajzen, 1975. Belief, attitude, intention, and behavior: An introduction to theory and research. Reading, MA: addison-Wesley Publishing Company, pp. 1-578.
- Gardial, S.F., D.S. Clemons, R.B. Woodruff, D.W. Schumann and M.J. Burns, 1994. Comparing consumers'recall of prepurchase and postpurchase product evaluation experiences. Journal of Consumer Research, 20 (4), 548-560. https://doi.org/10.1086/209369
- Ha, Y.J., 2008. Selecting convention centers as convention venue: Using a multi-attribute attitude models. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism, 30, 296-313.
- Kim, B.K., 2009. The Role of intrinsic and extrinsic attributes in product evaluation : The moderating effect of consumer product knowledge. Journal of Advertising, 20 (4), 263-277.
- Kim, D.K., I.K. Koh, 2010. A Study on the influence of brand image and product attributes up on purchase intention-focusing on the analysis of full-size sedan. Journal of Corporation Management. 17 (4), 215-231.
- Kim, S.H., 2008. High-tech marketin. Pak-Yong Sa, 211-250.
- Kim, Y.G. and H.Y. Jang, 2010. The effects of TAM, SERVQUAL, E-service quality on satisfaction, trust, and reuse intention in e-banking service. Journal of Korea Service Management Studies. 11 (1), 131-157.
- Kortler, P., G. Armstrong, 2008. Marketing: An introduction. Prentice Hall, pp. 22-24.
- Jang, S.H., M.J. Noh and H.S. Ahn, 2009. An empirical study on the factors influencing acceptance of green IT product. Journal of Industrial Economic Research. 22 (6), 3227-3252.
- Jin, J.H. and K.M. Cho, 2001. An Analytical study on the advertising effects of sports star advertisement models. The Korean Journal of Physical Education, 40 (3). 481-491.
- Miller W.M., 1999, Engineering economic analysis for automatic grading of Florida citrus. Proceedings Florida State Horticulture Society, 112, 156-159.
- Mitchell, A.A. and J.C. Olson, 1981. Are product attribute beliefs the only mediator of advertising effects on brand attitude?. Journal of Marketing Research, 18 (3), 318-332. https://doi.org/10.2307/3150973
- Moriarty, R.T., and T.J. Kosnik, 1989. High-tech marketing: Concepts, continuity, and change. Sloan Management Review, 30 (4), 7-17.
- Oliva1, T.A., R.L. Oliver and O.B. William, 1995. The relationships among consumer satisfaction, involvement, and product performance: A catastrophe theory application. Behavioral Science, 40 (2), 104-132. https://doi.org/10.1002/bs.3830400203
- Olson, J.C., 1981. Are product attribute beliefs the on mediator of advertising effects on brand attributes?. Journal of Consumer Research, 22 (3), 318-322.
- Parasuranman, A., V.A. Zeithaml and L.L. Berry, 1988. Communication and control processes in the delivery of service quality. Journal of Marketing, 49, 41-50.
- Park, K.N. and K.H. Kim, 2001. An empirical study on the effects of web service quality on corporation image and purchase intent. Journal of Consumer Studies, 12 (3), 1-27.
- Park, S.K., K.N. Lee, H.J. Kwon, and J.H. Jung, 2008, An economic analysis of biodegradable fishing gear model project. National Fisheries Research & Development Institute, pp. 79-109.
- Park, S.K., C.P. Chul, L.K. Kyung, and H.J. Kwon, 2009. An economin analysis of biodegradable fishing gill net use. National Fisheries Research & Development Institute, pp. 88-90.
- Zeithaml, V.A, 1988. Consumer perception of price, quality, and value: A mean-end model and synthesis of evidence Journal of Marketing, 52 (3), 2-22. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251446
Grant : 생분해성 수산자재 응용 기술개발과 생분해성 어구 효과분석 및 관리
Supported by : 국립수산과학원