- Volume 47 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Variation of fisheries conditions of mackerel (Scomber japonicus) fishing ground for large purse seine fisheries
대형선망어업에 있어서 고등어 (Scomber japonicus) 어장의 어황변동
- Lee, Haet-Nim (Ministry for Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, East Sea Fisheries Supervision Office) ;
- Kim, Hyung-Seok (Division of Marine Production System Management, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2011.01.19
- Accepted : 2011.05.18
- Published : 2011.05.31
In order to offer data about fisheries resources management and prediction of catch on large purse seine fisheries, the fluctuation of the fisheries condition and distributions of fishing ground for mackerel were analysed with monthly catch data for 1990.2009. The overall catch has decreased to about 70% since 1997, with approximately 70% of the mackerel (Scomber japonicus) catch and monthly fluctuations showing a similar pattern. Monthly distribution of fishing ground is like distribution of mackerel in large purse seine fishery. The main fishing grounds are near Jeju Island and the Yellow sea with the main fishing season existing between October to December. The catches fluctuations and distribution of fishing ground were related to the effect of regime shifts. Therefore, in order to prediction of catch on large purse seine fisheries should be studied these relationships.
- Cho, K.D., C.H. Hong and Y.M. Kim, 1984. The relationship between the fishing grounds and oceanographic condition associated with fluctuation of mackerals catches in the east China Sea. J. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 20 (2), 83-90.
- Kim, J.Y., Y.S. Kang and H.D. Jeong, 1999. Long-term variations in population biomass of mackerel, Scomber japonicus and environmental factors in Korean Waters. J. Kor. Fish. Soc. Res., 2(1), 92-100.
- Yang, Y.J., S.H. Kim, H.K. Rho and D.G. Jeong, 1999. Relationship between SST fronts and purse-seine fishing grounds in the South-West Sea of Korea and the northern area of the east China Sea. J. Kor. Fish. Soc., 32 (6), 618-623.
- Kim, J.T., D.G. Jeong and H.K. Rho, 1999. Environmental character and catch fluctuation of set net ground in the coastal water of Hanlim in Cheju island. J. Kor. Fish. Soc. 32 (1), 105-111.
- Kim, S.W., K.D. Cho, Y.S. Kim, Y.S. Choi, Y.H. Ahn and Y.S. KIM, 2005. Distribution of fishing boats at night in the East Sea derived from DMSP/OLS Imagery. J. Kor. Fish. Soc., 38 (5), 323-220. https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2005.38.5.323
- Baik, C.I., K.D. Cho, C.I. Lee and K.H. Choi, 2004. Oceanographic conditions of fishing ground of yellow croaker (Pseudosciaena polyactis) in Korean Waters. J. Kor. Fish. Soc., 37 (3), 232-248.
- Cho, K.D., 1981. Studies on the distribution and fluctuation of the purse-seine fishing grounds in relation to oceanographic conditions in the east China Sea. J. Kor. Fish. Soc., 14 (4), 239-252.
- Choi, Y.M., 2003. Stock assessment and management implications of chub mackerel, Scomber japonicus in Korean waters. Pukyong National University, Korea, pp. 10-13.
- Michael, D. Summer, Kelvin J. Michael, corey J.A. Bradshaw and Mark A. Hindell, 2003. Remote sensing. 20, 1, 3-9.
- McClain, E.P., W.G. Pichel and C.C. Walton, 1985. Comparative performance of AVHRR-based multi channel sea surface temperatures. J. Geophys. Res., 90, 11,587-11,601. https://doi.org/10.1029/JC090iC06p11587
- Hwang, S.D., C.I Baik, J.H. Park and K.H. Choi, 2001. Seasonal and annual variations of catch by large purse seine off Korea. J. Kor. Soc. Ocean., 6 (3), 164-179.