- Volume 47 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Design and performance estimation of fish-luring system using the water cooling typed LED lamp
채낚기 어선용 수랭식 LED 집어시스템의 설계 및 성능평가
- Bae, Bong-Seong ;
- An, Heui-Chun ;
- Kwon, Ki-Jin ;
- Park, Seong-Wook ;
- Park, Chang-Doo ;
- Lee, Kyoung-Hoon
- Received : 2011.03.22
- Accepted : 2011.05.16
- Published : 2011.05.31
A fishing lamp is fishing gear to gather fish in the night. But the cost of oil which is used to a light fishing lamp, goes significantly up to almost one hundred million won for 50 tonnage vessels and forty million won in case of vessels less than 10 tonnages. This cost has almost taken 30.40% of total fishing costs. As oil price increases, the business condition of the fishery gets worse and worse. Therefore, it is very urgent to develop an economical fishing lamp, to solve the problem of fishery's business difficulty. This research aims at developing a fishing lamp for squid jigging fishery and hairtail angling fishery using the LED, which has excellent efficiency and durability. One fishing lamp has about 160Watt capacity and five fishing lamps are installed one aluminium panel in which sea water flows to emit generated heat from LED to outside. Developed fishing lamp lights to an effective direction of jigging and angling operation. This fishing lamp can be controlled to light the direction of fish shoal because the aluminium panel can be controlled to up and down direction. The wave length of fishing lamp has white and blue color. White color light is to gather fish shoal of horizontal direction and blue color light is to gather fish shoal of vertical direction. After development of this fishing lamp, 60.110 units are established on the boat, and operated fishing. Consequently, in the case of squid jigging, spent energy was reduced to 39%, in the case of hairtail angling, 68% of spent energy was reduced. And the catch was more than another boat.
LED fishing lamp;Squid jigging;Hairtail angling
- An, H.C. and H.D. Choo, 1993. Fishing efficiency of squid jigging in relation to the variation of fishing lamp power. Bull. Nat. Fish. Res. Dev. Agency, 48, 179-186.
- Bae, B.S., E.C. Jeong, H.H. Park, D.S. Chang and Y.S. Yang, 2008. Behavioral characteristic of Japanese flying squid, Todarodes pacificus to LED light. J. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 44 (4), 294-303. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2008.44.4.294
- Bae, B.S., B.J. Park, E.C. Jeong, Y.S. Yang, H.H. Park, Y.Y. Chun and D.S. Chang, 2009. Design and performance evaluation of fish-luring system using the air-cooled LED lamp for jigging and angling boat. J. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 45 (2), 85-95. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2009.45.2.085
- Choi, S.J. and H. Arakawa, 2001. Relationship between the catch of squid, Todarodes pacificus STEENSTRUP, according to the jigging depth of hooks and underwater illumination in squid jigging boat. J. Kor. Fish. Soc., 34 (6), 624-632.
- Choi, S.J., 2006. Radiation and underwater transmission characteristics of a high-luminance light-emitting diode as the light source for fishing lamps. J. Kor. Fish. Soc., 39 (6), 480-486. https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2006.39.6.480
- Choi, S.J., 2008. Comparison of radiation characteristics and radiant quantities per unit electrical power between high luminance light emitting diode and fishing lamp light source. J. Kor. Fish. Soc., 41 (6), 511-517. https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2008.41.6.511
- Inada, H., 1988. Measurement of the underwater spectral irradiance under the squid jigging boat. Joumal of the Tokyo Univ. of Fisheries, 75, 487-498.
- Jo, H.S., T.Y. Oh, Y.S. Kim and D.Y. Moon, 2006. Transmittance properties of fishing lamp in distantwater squid jigging vessel. J. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 42 (4), 228-233. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2006.42.4.228
- Kim, L.H., J.S. Lee, B.M. Jeong, W.J. Jang, S.B. Han, C.H. Hong and M.G. Hwang, 2006. High power LEDs and solid state lighting technologies. Ajin publishing company, pp. 112-114, pp. 121-131.
- Lee, B.G., S.W. Park and J.K. Kim, 1985. An introduction to coastal fishery. Taehwa publishing company, pp. 108-115.
- MIFAFF, 2009. Standard for quality verification of LED fishing lamp. NFRDI 8001, pp. 1-7.
- Fishing efficiency of LED fishing lamp for squid jigging vessels vol.49, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2013.49.4.385
- Power supply performance photovoltaic (PV) system for 3-ton class fishing vessel vol.50, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2014.50.4.487
- The study on the Anchovy's (Engraulis japonica) reaction to several light colors in a tank vol.47, pp.4, 2011, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2011.47.4.327
- Development of the silver-white decoy for squid automatic jigging machine and fishing performance vol.49, pp.3, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2012.49.3.208
- Stability of fishing vessel according to the LED luring lamp installation vol.50, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2014.50.4.623
- Fishing efficiency of LED fishing lamp for squid Todarodes pacificus by training ship vol.48, pp.3, 2012, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2012.48.3.187
- Development of a metal-halide lamp's electronic ballast vol.49, pp.2, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2013.49.2.116
- Fishing efficiency of high capacity (360W) LED fishing lamp for squid Todarodes pacificus vol.50, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2014.50.3.326
- Catch performance and fuel consumption of LED fishing lamps in the Korea hairtail angling fishery vol.83, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12562-017-1072-6
- Improvement of resistance performance of the 4.99 ton class fishing boat vol.53, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2017.53.4.446
Supported by : 국립수산과학원