- Volume 47 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Behavior of abrasive wear on counterpart roughness of glass fiber reinforcement polyurethane resin composites
상대재의 거칠기에 따른 GF/PUR 복합재료의 연삭마모거동
- Kim, Hyung-Jin (Department of Mechanical System Engineering/Institute of Marine Industry, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Koh, Sung-Wi (Department of Mechanical System Engineering, Pukyong National University) ;
- Kim, Jae-Dong (Institute of Marine Industry, Gyeongsang National University)
- Received : 2011.07.11
- Accepted : 2011.08.04
- Published : 2011.08.31
The behavior of abrasive wear on counterpart roughness of glass fiber reinforcement polyurethane resin (GF/PUR) composites were investigated at ambient temperature by pin-on-disc friction test. The friction coefficient, cumulative wear volume and surface roughness of these materials against SiC abrasive paper were determined experimentally. The major failure mechanisms were lapping layers, ploughing, delamination, deformation of resin and cracking by scanning electric microscopy (SEM) photograph of the tested surface. As increasing the counterpart roughness the GF/PUR composites indicated higher friction coefficient. The surface roughness of the GF/PUR composites was increased as the sliding velocity was higher and the counterpart roughness was rougher in wear test.
- Chand, N., A. Naik and S. Neogi, 2000. Three-Body Abrasive of Short Glass Fibre Polyester Composite, Wear 242 (1-2), 38-46. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1648(00)00398-7
- Dasari, A., Z.Z. Yu and Y.W. Mai, 2009. Fundamental Aspect and Recent Progress on Wear/Scratch Damage in Polymer Nanocomposites, Mat. Sci. and Tech., 63, 31-80.
- Kim, B.T. and S.W. Koh, 2008. A Study on Abrasive Wear Characteristics of Side Plate of FRP Ship. Journal of Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 44 (3), 250-256. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2008.44.3.250
- Kim, J.D., H.J. Kim, S.W. Koh and Y.S. Kim, 2010a. Wear Properties of Epoxy Matrix Nonocomposites. Journal of Kor. Soc. Pow. Sys. Eng., 14 (6), 83-88.
- Kim, S.Y., E.B. Kim, Q. Yoo and C.S. Ju, 2010b. Tribological Wear Behavior of PTFE Impregnated with Cu Nano Particles. Journal of Kor. Soc. Pow. Sys. Eng., 14 (4), 50-55.
- Koh, S.W., B.C. Yang, H.J. Kim and J.D. Kim, 2006. Study on Abrasive Wear Behavior of a Carbon Fiber Composites. Journal of Kor. Soc. Pow. Sys. Eng., 10 (1), 46-51.
- Koh, S.W., H.J. Kim, B.T. Kim, S.O. Hwang, J.D. Kim and W. S. Choi, 2007. Effect of Load upon the Abrasive Wear Sillica-Epoxy Resin Composite. Mat. Sci. Forum, 544-545, 255-258.
- Ravikiran, A. and S. Jahanmir, 2001. Effect of Contact Pressure and Load on Wear of Alumina. Wear 251 (1-12), 980-984. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1648(01)00739-6
- Ren, J.R., K.H. Kim and S.S. Kim, 2001. Tribological Evaluation of Dental Composite Resins Containing Prepolymerized Particle Fillers. KSME International Journal, 15 (6), 727-734.
- Westergard, R.N., A. U. Wiklund and S. Hogmark. 2000. An Evaluation of Plasma Sprayed Ceramic Coatings by Erosion, Abrasion and Bend Testing. Wear, 246, 12-19. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1648(00)00506-8