- Volume 47 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Roll reduction characteristics of the offshore large purseiner in Korea
한국 근해 대형 선망 어선의 횡동요 감쇠 특성
- Kang, Il-Kwon (Division of Marine Production System management, Pukyong National University) ;
- Kim, Hyung-Seok (Division of Marine Production System management, Pukyong National University) ;
- Jo, Hyo-Jae (Division of Ocean System Engineering, Korea Maritime University) ;
- Kim, Jung-Chang (Research ship, Pukyong National University) ;
- Ham, Sang-Jun (Training ship, Pukyong National University)
- 강일권 (부경대학교 해양생산시스템관리학부) ;
- 김형석 (부경대학교 해양생산시스템관리학부) ;
- 조효제 (한국해양대학교 해양시스템공학부) ;
- 김정창 (부경대학교 탐사선) ;
- 함상준 (부경대학교 실습선)
- Received : 2011.06.30
- Accepted : 2011.08.12
- Published : 2011.08.31
The inherent efficiency of a ship would be prior to any other quality factors in ship's safety, because lack of it may give rise to a serious sea casuality even if it were a light mistake in operation. And the representative casualty comes from a deficiency of stability and an operating error combined would be capsizing. The Korean offshore large purseiner looks to have a structural weak point with small range of stability in spite of her big initial metacentric height, and have various type of roll reduction devices in order to cover up the defect. The aim of this study is to grasp for the roll reduction characteristics of the purseiner with bilge keel only and a stern keel additionally attached. The results are summarized as follows; The rolling angle of the model ship was increased in accordance with increase of the wave period and height, especially at close to the natural wave period of her, and the trends were more distinguished in the situation of bilge keel only installation than in the stern keel additionally installed. And stern keel has not noticeable effect on the reduction of the roll in the light ship condition, but has a little effect in full load condition.
Supported by : 부경대학교
- Annual judicial reports of Korean Maritime Safety Tribunal(KMST), 2006. KMST, Seoul, Korea, 697 -701.
- Annual report of Maritime Safety, 2007. KOREA COAST GUARD, Incheon, Korea, 15-19.
- Ham, S.J., 2010. Stability and roll characteristics of the offshore large purseiner in Korea. Ph.M. thesis, Pukyong National University, 21-25.
- Kang, I.K., H.S. Kim, H.I. Shin, Y.W. Lee, J. C. Kim and H. J. Jo. 2007. Study on the casualties of fishing vessels in Korea. J. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 43 (2), 149-159. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2007.43.2.149
- Sohn, K.H., 2003. Ship's motion and maneuvering. Ship's manuevering Lab., 59-73, 61-62.
- An optimal bilge keel design to reduce the rolling of the offshore large purse seiner vol.50, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2014.50.2.147
- Stability of fishing vessel according to the LED luring lamp installation vol.50, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2014.50.4.623
- The stability of the side trawler operating in East Sea of Korea vol.50, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2014.50.3.378