- Volume 47 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Stability of the offshore large purseiner in Korea
한국 근해 대형 선망 어선의 복원성
- Ham, Sang-Jun (Training ship, Pukyong National University) ;
- Kang, Il-Kwon (Division of Marine Production System management, Pukyong National University) ;
- Kim, Hyung-Seok (Division of Marine Production System management, Pukyong National University) ;
- Jo, Hyo-Jae (Division of Ocean System Engineering, Korea Maritime University) ;
- Kim, Jung-Chang (Research ship, Pukyong National University)
- 함상준 (부경대학교 실습선) ;
- 강일권 (부경대학교 해양생산시스템관리학부) ;
- 김형석 (부경대학교 해양생산시스템관리학부) ;
- 조효제 (한국해양대학교 해양시스템공학부) ;
- 김정창 (부경대학교 탐사선)
- Received : 2011.06.30
- Accepted : 2011.08.12
- Published : 2011.08.31
Marine casualties of vessel are said to be in most case caused by human error, but it would be valid for the assumption that the ship is built with high quality and then should be acceptable to the safety standards. It means that the inherent characteristics of a ship should be the first consideration on the safety of ship. Therefore it is basically necessary for navigator to grasp the inherent stability of his ship and ensure that the ship complies with the minimum statutory standards of stability. This study is to realize the stability of the Korean offshore large purseiner varying with loading conditions by the inclining data and some calculations. The author compared the stability of the ship with IMO criteria and domestic rule, and proposed some improvement for the safety of the ship. The results are summarized as follows ; The values of GM of the ship according to the loading condition in navigation satisfy both of the IMO criteria and the domestic rule, but in case of the area under the GZ curves between the heel angles of
Supported by : 부경대학교
- Kang, I.K., H.S. Kim, H.I. Shin, Y.W. Lee, J. C. Kim and H. J. Jo, 2007. Study on the casualties of fishing vessels in Korea. J. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 43 (2), 149-159. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2007.43.2.149
- Kim, J.N., 1999. A study for stability criteria of small fishing vessel. Master Thesis, Chosun University, Korea, pp. 54.
- Kang, D.S., 2003. A study on the assessment system of stability for the small vessels in the wave. Master Thesis, Chungnam University, Korea, pp. 47.
- Kwon, S.Y. and H.J. Lee, 2006. Study on the Stability Criteria for Small Fishing Vessels and Cargo Ships. Journal of Korea Ship Safety Technology Authority, 41-63.
- Kwon, S.Y. and H.J. Lee, 2007. A study on the stability criteria of small vessels. Journal of Society of Naval architects of Korea, 44 (3), 285-295. https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2007.44.3.285
- Lee, A.R., I.K. Kang and H.J Jo, 2009. A study on the stability of a crab trap fishing boat with water tank experiment. J. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 45(4), 267- 275. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2009.45.4.267
- Morita, T.H., 1985. Ship stability. Haemundang, 69-71.
- Sohn, K.H., 2003. Ship Calculation, ship's maneuvering Lab., 95-101.
- An optimal bilge keel design to reduce the rolling of the offshore large purse seiner vol.50, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2014.50.2.147
- Stability of fishing vessel according to the LED luring lamp installation vol.50, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2014.50.4.623
- The stability of the side trawler operating in East Sea of Korea vol.50, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2014.50.3.378
- Development of Stability Index for Vessel Operators Support System vol.24, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2018.24.1.001