- Volume 47 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Reproduction of the Shotted halibut in the southern Korean waters
한국 남해에 서식하는 물가자미, Eopsetta grigorjewi (Herzenstein)의 재생산 연구
- Cha, Hyung-Kee (Fisheries Resources and Environment Division, Southwest sea Fisheries Research Institute, NFRDI) ;
- Kang, Su-Kyung (Fisheries Resources Management Division, NFRDI) ;
- Choi, Jung-Hwa (Fisheries Resources Management Division, NFRDI) ;
- Oh, Taeg-Yun (Fisheries Resources Management Division, NFRDI) ;
- Seo, Young-Il (Fisheries Resources and Environment Division, Southwest sea Fisheries Research Institute, NFRDI)
- 차형기 (국립수산과학원 남서해수산연구소 자원환경과) ;
- 강수경 (국립수산과학원 자원연구과) ;
- 최정화 (국립수산과학원 자원연구과) ;
- 오택윤 (국립수산과학원 자원연구과) ;
- 서영일 (국립수산과학원 남서해수산연구소 자원환경과)
- Received : 2011.03.03
- Accepted : 2011.05.25
- Published : 2011.08.31
Maturation and spawning of the Shotted halibut, Eopsetta grigorjewi was investigated based on the samples captured in South Korean waters from January 2008 to December 2009. Gonadosomatic index began to increase in December, and reached maximum between January to March. After spawning it began to decrease from May. Reproductive season was estimated to January-April, with peak in February. Fecundity was proportional to the size of the female, with the clutch size varying from 170,000 eggs in the smallest female (total length, 28.9cm) to 1,300,000 eggs in the largest (total length, 41.5cm). Size at 50% sexual maturity (TL50), determined from mature females, was 28.8cm. Annual reproductive cycles of this species could be divided into six successive stages; immature stage (May-October), nucleolus stage (November-January), yolk vesicle stage (January-February), vitellogenic and ripe stage (January-April) and spent stage (April-May).
Supported by : 국립수산과학원
- An, C.M., J.S. Lee and S.H. Huh, 1999. Spermiogenesis and Spermatozoal Ultrastructure of the Roundnose Flounder, Eopsetta grigorjewi (Teleostei:Pleuronectidae). J.Kor.Fish. Soc., 32(6), 730-736.
- Cha, H.K. and D.W. Lee, 2004. Reproduction of the Hairtail, Trichiurus lepturus Linnaeus in Korean Waters J.Kor.Soc.Fish.Res., 6 (2), 54－62.
- Cha, H.K., Y.M. Choi, J.H. Park, J.Y. Kim and M.H. Sohn, 2002. Maturation and spawning of the Chub mackerel, Scomber japonicus Houttuyn in Korean Waters. J. Kor.Soc.Fish. Res., 5, 24-33.
- Cha, H.K., J.B. Lee, S.K. Kang, D.S. Chang and J.H. Choi, 2009. Reproduction of the jack mackerel, Trachurus japonicus Temminck et Schlegel in the coastal waters around Jeju Island, Korean. J. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 45 (4), 243-250. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2009.45.4.243
- Cha, H.K., S.K. Kang, T.Y. Oh and J.H. Choi, 2010. Reproductive ecology of the blackthroat seaperch, Doderleinia berycoidea (Hilgendorf) in South Sea of Korean waters. J. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 46 (4), 368 -375. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2010.46.4.368
- Ishito, Y., 1982. Maturation and spawning of the Roundnose flounder (Eopsetta grigorjewi Herzenstein) off the Northeastern coast of Japan. Bull. Tohoku Reg. Fish. Res. Lab., 45, 33-44
- Lee, S.S., K.N. Han and W.D. Yoon, 2003. Energy Budget of Shotted Halibut Juvenile, Eopsetta grigorjewi with Two Different Prey Items. J.Kor.Fish.Soc., 36 (4), 358-364.
- NFRDI, 2004. Commercial Fishes of the coastal & offshore waters in Korea. National Fisheries Research and Development Institute. Han-Geul Publsh. Co., pp. 333.
- NFRDI, 2010. Ecology and fishing ground of major commercial species in the Korean waters. National Fisheries Research and Development Institute. Ye- Moon Publsh. Co., pp. 405.
- Park, Y.C., B.Y. Cha and H.K. Cha, 1999. Maturation and spawning of the Yellow Goosefish, Lophius litulon (Jordan) in Korean Waters. J. Kor. Soc. Fish. Res., 2, 84-91.
- Reproductive ecology of the sharp toothed eel in the southern Korean waters vol.48, pp.3, 2012, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2012.48.3.217
- Maturity and Spawning of the Marbled Flounder Pseudopleuronectes yokohamae off the Coast of Pohang, East Sea vol.49, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2016.0367
- Morphological characteristics and distribution of Pleuronectidae (Pisces) eggs in the western margin of the East Sea vol.51, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12601-016-0002-3